Community Message Boards

Thread: All-Natural Butterscotch chips

All-Natural Butterscotch chips

Does anyone know if these exist? I'd love to find an online source but am not having luck.

My guess would have been Guittard, but they seem to have the same ingredients the other butterscotch ones do:

GUITTARD, BUTTERSCOTCH CHIPS
    INGREDIENTS: Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, Whey, Nonfat Milk, Mono And Diglycerides, and Soya Lecithin Emulsifiers, Real Vanilla, with Other Natural Flavors, and Artificial Flavors, Artificial Color (Blue 2 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake).
    Maria

You could try making your own? I have NOT tried these, but have had the recipe bookmarked ever since I saw it. Here's the link to the blog post for it: http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/homema...h-baking-chips There's a picture of the chips at the top of the post.

And here is the recipe she used.

Homemade Butterscotch Chips

1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup coconut oil (I used expeller pressed so as not to have a coconut flavor)
    1 cup organic brown sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

In a saucepan, melt together butter, coconut oil and brown sugar. Stir continually until all ingredients are mixed well, bringing the mixture ALMOST to a boil, then turning down the heat. Cook and stir some more on low heat until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is a liquid.

Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in vanilla extract. Pour the contents onto a parchment paper lined container. I used a pyrex 2 quart rectangle dish.

Place the dish into the fridge for 3-4 hours to allow the mixture to solidify. Cut or break the butterscotch into small “chips”.

Store them in an air tight container in the fridge.
    Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
    Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?

I'm food bloggin' almost daily at Tummy Treasure!

Oh, oh, oh, I want to make those mrswaz. I knew butterscotch is simple but didn't realize how simple. Thanks much.
    Anne

Quote Originally Posted by Anne View Post
    Oh, oh, oh, I want to make those mrswaz. I knew butterscotch is simple but didn't realize how simple. Thanks much.
    Please review if you make them!
    Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
    Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?

I'm food bloggin' almost daily at Tummy Treasure!

Wow, that DOES look easy! Thanks for posting! I just can't believe though that an all natural buterscotch chip doesn't exist!