Community Message Boards

Thread: Looking for a cookie recipe

Looking for a cookie recipe

A friend was telling me she bought a really good cookie at a bake sale - she said it looked like a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. She thinks it must have been baked in a regular size muffin pan - but the cookies were flat like a Resses cup. She couldn't remember whether there was a definite peanut butter layer, or just the chocolate peanut butter flavor. The person who brought the cookies to the bake sale would not share the recipe Does anyone have a recipe that sounds like this? Thanks........
    Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.

Thanks Jennifer - I sent the link on to my friend to see if it is what she is looking for.
    Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference.

Wow -- those look insanely good.

Maybe not quite the same but I think these taste like PB Cups...but they are flat like a cookie...very, very good though...

Peanut Butter Munchies (From BH&G Christmas Cookie Special Issue 2006)

1 1/2 C AP flour
    1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/2 C butter, softened
    1/2 C granulated sugar
    1/2 C brown sugar
    1/4 C peanut butter - I used natural creamy and would recommend this
    1 egg
    1 T milk
    1 tsp vanilla
    3/4 C powdered sugar
    1/2 C peanut butter (natural creamy)
    2 T granulated sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda, set aside.

2. In a large bowl, beat together butter, 1/2 c granulated sugar, brown sugar and the 1/4 c peanut butter. Add egg, milk and vanilla, beat well. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can. Stir in the the rest. Form the chocolate dough into 32 balls 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Set aside.

3. For filling, combine powdered sugar and 1/2 c peanut butter until smooth. Shape mixture into 32 3/4 inch balls.

4. Slightly flatten a chocolate ball, top with a peanut butter ball. Shape the chocolate dough around the peanut butter filling, completely covering the filling. Roll this in a ball.

5. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Lightly flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in the 2 T of granulated sugar.

6. Bake cookies in preheated oven for 8 minutes or until just set and just slightly crack. Let stand 1 minute and transfer to wire racks.
    EmptyNestMom
    Grandma Pam to 3

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.-Proverbs

Quote Originally Posted by Goin' Coastal View Post
    The person who brought the cookies to the bake sale would not share the recipe
    I can't stand people do this. She most likely didn't invent the recipe nor is it a family secret recipe. She probably didn't even bake them herself.

I hope you find what they are for your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyNestMom View Post
    Maybe not quite the same but I think these taste like PB Cups...but they are flat like a cookie...very, very good though...
    I found a picture of them of BHG.com They look delicious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe Latte View Post
    I can't stand people do this. She most likely didn't invent the recipe nor is it a family secret recipe. She probably didn't even bake them herself.

I hope you find what they are for your friend.
    I hope she can find the recipe too. How do you even tell somebody they can't have the recipe? What an ugly thing to do.

I've made the Cooking Light version of the peanut butter munchies and they are REALLY good. I made them a few years ago for a Christmas cookie tray and the people I gave them to were so impressed by them. I highly recommend.
    ~JW~

I have made the Peanut Butter Munchies before, and they are very good. I sent the link Jennifer posted to my friend, and she is going to try making those. She thought it might be at least very similar.