Maybe not quite the same but I think these taste like PB Cups...but they are flat like a cookie...very, very good though...
Peanut Butter Munchies (From BH&G Christmas Cookie Special Issue 2006)
1 1/2 C AP flour
1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C granulated sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1/4 C peanut butter - I used natural creamy and would recommend this
1 T milk
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 C powdered sugar
1/2 C peanut butter (natural creamy)
2 T granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat together butter, 1/2 c granulated sugar, brown sugar and the 1/4 c peanut butter. Add egg, milk and vanilla, beat well. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can. Stir in the the rest. Form the chocolate dough into 32 balls 1 1/4 inches in diameter. Set aside.
3. For filling, combine powdered sugar and 1/2 c peanut butter until smooth. Shape mixture into 32 3/4 inch balls.
4. Slightly flatten a chocolate ball, top with a peanut butter ball. Shape the chocolate dough around the peanut butter filling, completely covering the filling. Roll this in a ball.
5. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Lightly flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in the 2 T of granulated sugar.
6. Bake cookies in preheated oven for 8 minutes or until just set and just slightly crack. Let stand 1 minute and transfer to wire racks.
Grandma Pam to 3
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." – Julia Child