Community Message Boards

Thread: I met Hammster!

I met Hammster!

Mike was in Birmingham for work, so DH and I went up to meet him for dinner. We had a good time, good conversation -- he did some sightseeing in Birmingham, and now knows more about it than I do!

He's still cooking away, hiking, and having wine with dinner. He did confess that, when he gets home from work and doesn't feel like cooking, he gets something from Trader Joe's out of the freezer!

He was the second CLBB person I've met IRL -- the first was Canice whom I met a few years ago, while I was visiting our San Francisco daughter.

I'd like to meet some more of you...
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Oh I wish I had known. I would have asked you to say HI for me. Does he ever check out our BB? Wish he would stop by and say hello.

Thanks for sharing

LMG, Let's make plans to get together when you are in Atlanta next time. I'd love to meet you IRL. I live about 2 or 3 miles from Penzy's and Trader Joe's.

Cheryl

And to bring it full circle, I met Mike and his DW a couple of years ago when they were in SF - thoroughly delightful evening!

The only BBer I've met while traveling was Kahlico (Emilie) in Chicago, who ended up coming out and staying with me for a wonderful visit last spring. But back in the day I met loads who were coming through town for work or pleasure. Nice that some have become IRL friends
    Happiness is not a goal, it is a byproduct. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Me, too

Mike and Cathy treated my sister and me to a decadent Sunday brunch at some Midwestern-style hash house in San Diego two years ago. Delightful couple.

It's always fun to meet virtual friends in real life! If any of you find yourself making a trip to the Packers Hall of Fame, let me know! :-)
    "I cook with wine; sometimes I even add it to the food."
    ---W.C.Fields

Quote Originally Posted by JackieO View Post
    Mike and Cathy treated my sister and me to a decadent Sunday brunch at some Midwestern-style hash house in San Diego two years ago. Delightful couple.

It's always fun to meet virtual friends in real life! If any of you find yourself making a trip to the Packers Hall of Fame, let me know! :-)
    And the same here. If anyone ever comes to South Florida, please let me know

Mike seems like such a nice guy on the board. Glad you got a chance to prove it in *real life*.

Let's see....I've met IRL:
    Mike and his lovely wife
    Robyn007
    Beckms
    aggie94
    "I worry that you don't worry enough"--another worrier aka the Yarn Harlot

Several years ago, DH and I met Beachside (Susan) and her DH (Paul). They are both so sweet. We had a very nice dinner together and have several nice pictures to always remind us of that time.

Quote Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
    Oh I wish I had known. I would have asked you to say HI for me. Does he ever check out our BB? Wish he would stop by and say hello.

Thanks for sharing
    I did tell him that I was sure everyone wanted me to say "hi" for them. No, he doesn't check the BB any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by cchhbb View Post
    LMG, Let's make plans to get together when you are in Atlanta next time. I'd love to meet you IRL. I live about 2 or 3 miles from Penzy's and Trader Joe's.

Cheryl
    I would love that! I don't know where the new Penzey's is, or which Trader Joe's you live near, though. DD goes to school in Buckhead area, and lives near Clairmont and Briarcliff. I usually go to the mid-town TJ's and WF.
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

I met JackieO when we lived in WI several years ago (and what a nice lady you are!). We did the open house christmas when Penzey's owner opened up their home.
    Thoreau said, 'A man is rich in proportion to the things he can leave alone.'

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMartinGal View Post
    I did tell him that I was sure everyone wanted me to say "hi" for them. No, he doesn't check the BB any more.
    I would love that! I don't know where the new Penzey's is, or which Trader Joe's you live near, though. DD goes to school in Buckhead area, and lives near Clairmont and Briarcliff. I usually go to the mid-town TJ's and WF.
    Penzey's is located in Sandy Springs Plaza in the same shopping center as Trader Joe's. Whole Foods is about 5 minutes away. They are located on Roswell Road right off 400. Buckhead is about 20 minutes away. PM me and let me know when you are in the area and we can get together.