Community Message Boards

Thread: Ted Allen's new cookbook is great!

Ted Allen's new cookbook is great!

It's called In My Kitchen.

My DH cannot stop eating the Pork and Black Bean Tinga with Chipotle! We had it for Cinco de Mayo. Last night, we enjoyed the Spicy Cucumber and Pineapple Salad. Another winner!

This cookbook is great -- lots of photos (of food and Ted with friends), great recipes, and enjoyable writing. Interesting recipes -- like bruschetta with strawberry and tomato salad. I marked more than half the book to try.

I also picked up Martha's American Food. Looking forward to digging in -- it looks promising. I don't always have success with Martha Stewart recipes, but am optimistic

The pork and black bean tinga sounds good, would you share the recipe? Thanks.

Thanks for the review. This is on my wishlist.
    All That's Left Are The Crumbs

"You can never do a kindness too soon, because you never know how soon it will be too late"

"Great minds talk about ideas; small minds talk about people" - Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by dlaboriel View Post
    The pork and black bean tinga sounds good, would you share the recipe? Thanks.
    You can see it here, along with a few other recipes that look tasty!

http://books.google.com/books?id=r5F...page&q&f=false
    Joe

Pictures and recipes of our Cooking and Baking!
    http://desertculinary.blogspot.com/

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces. ~Judith Viorst

Thanks, Joe, for sharing the Google books link. I found it last night, too, when posting to the Cooking Game of the Week thread.

[QUOTE=HealthyinMN;1655990]You can see it here, along with a few other recipes that look tasty!

Thank you. The others really do sound good.