Community Message Boards

Thread: Sheets for a Queen-size Sleeper Sofa??

Hybrid View

Sheets for a Queen-size Sleeper Sofa??

If you have one, did you buy special sheets? I know it can't be "deep pockets", I get what that means but don't really know.
    I looked on-line, I was hoping to buy a set locally. Suggestions??
    "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

I have found that queen sized sleeper sofas actually have a double mattress. Maybe yours is different. I would suggest actually measuring the mattress, then checking the sheet sizes to see which size fits the best. Finding sheets these days that don't have the deep pockets is difficult, but maybe thrift stores or Goodwill, if you don't mind sleeping on used sheets.
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Horribly old fashioned but what about flat sheets which don't have to fit since they can be tucked to size.

I buy sheets at thecompanystore.com because it is the only place I have found where I don't have to buy a sheet set. I don't want pillow cases and I don't need flat sheets since I use a duvet so all I generally want is a fitted sheet.

I have queen sleeper that doesn't have a double mattress, and my previous one didn't either. I use regular queen sheets, even though the mattress isn't quite that thick. I never have any problem finding ones that aren't deep pockets, but then I usually get sheets at Target.

On both sleepers I've found that the mattress cover is kind of slick, though. So a mattress cover isn't a bad idea, and would help the sheet keep from sliding/bunching if still a little too deep for the mattress esp. if padded.

You can also get those straps that attach at the corners underneath to help hold the sheet on.
    The Blog is open again!
    http://singlegrrlkitchen.blogspot.com/

"If God had meant for corn bread to have sugar in it, he'd have called it cake." -- Mark Twain

Thanks, we are measuring today and going out to get the appropriate size. I also think we are going with 2 flat sheets. I so appreciate your expertise, as we are clueless.
    Will post tomorrow after we purchase the them.
    "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer