Over 20 years ago when we lived in Iowa our friend and neighbor Kay made these for a 4th of July get together and I had to have the recipe! They are like little squares of pecan pie but even better because they aren’t overly sweet. Rich with pecans, nuts and coconut makes every morsel a decadent indulgence.
Chewy Pecan Bars
- 1 cup Sifted Flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix flour with brown sugar, cut in butter using a pastry blender. Press into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut
These are very rich so a little is all you need!
- Beat eggs and brown sugar until fluffy. Stir in vanilla.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt, stir with a wire whisk, mix into egg mixture, stir until combined, and add pecans and coconut. Pour over crust and continue to bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into 32 squares.
Cut into 32 pieces, Per Serving: 119 Calories; 6g Fat (47.7% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 21mg Cholesterol; 68mg Sodium. Old WWP 3 / New WWPP 3
Cut into 24 pieces Per Serving: 159 Calories; 9g Fat (47.7% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 28mg Cholesterol; 91mg Sodium. Old WWP 4 / New WWPP 5
Sharing my love of good eats and healthy eating at Nutmeg Notebook