Community Message Boards

Thread: Icebox Oreo Cheesecake: springform to 9x13??

Icebox Oreo Cheesecake: springform to 9x13??

I want to make this cheesecake from Cook's Country for a big picnic this weekend. Any reason why I could not double it and make it in a 9x13? Or would this recipe fit into a 9x13? Maybe 1.5 times the recipe? As you can tell, I just cannot decide

Icebox Oreo Cheesecake
    serves 12 from Cook's Country

Oreo Cookie Crust
    30 Oreo cookies, broken into rough pieces
    7 tbls unsalted butter, softened

Cheesecake Filling
    1 cup milk
    4 egg yolks
    1/4 flour
    8 oz white chocolate, chopped (or 1 1/3 cups white chocolate chips)
    2 lbs cream cheese, cut into 1" chunks and softened
    1/3 cup powdered sugar
    2 tsps vanilla
    1/8 tsp salt (omit if using salted butter in the crust)
    12 Oreo cookies, broken into rough pieces

Process cookies and butter in food processor until finely ground. Press cookie mixture evenly into the bottom and sides of 9" springform pan. Refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour.

Heat 3/4 cup milk in a saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Meahwhile, whisk yolks, flour and remaining milk in a bowl until smooth. Slowly whisk hot milk into yolk mixture. Return mixture to saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until very thick and glossy, 1 to 2 minutes.

Off heat, whisk in white chocolate until melted. Translfer pudding to bowl, press plastic wrap directly on surface, and refrigerate until cold and set, at least one hour.

With electric mixer on medium-high speed (or in a bowl with a heavy whisk) beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and salt until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to medium-low and mix in chilled pudding until just combined, about 30 seconds. Pour one-quarter of cream cheese mixture evenly into prepared pan and sprinkle one-third of cookies over surface. repeat process twice, then top with remaining filling. Refrigerate until set, at least six hours. Serve.

Here's a handy, dandy pan size conversion chart at allrecipes.

According to the chart, a 9-inch springform pan will hold 10 cups in volume, while a 9x13 will hold 15 cups. You could go 1.5 times the recipe to fill the pan.

By the way, the recipe sounds delicious!
    Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
    Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?

I'm food bloggin' almost daily at Tummy Treasure!

Oh, thank you! I bookmarked that page. I have a similar thing on the fridge, but it isn't as extensive. Just what I was looking for, but could not even articulate

Wow, that really does sound good!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Quote Originally Posted by mrswaz View Post
    Here's a handy, dandy pan size conversion chart at allrecipes.

According to the chart, a 9-inch springform pan will hold 10 cups in volume, while a 9x13 will hold 15 cups. You could go 1.5 times the recipe to fill the pan.

By the way, the recipe sounds delicious!

Thanks for sharing tha handy little chart. Many times I have needed that kind of info.

This is an amazing recipe. Creamy, rich, and soooo good. A slightly softer set than I might have liked, but that contributed to its truly decadent creaminess, too. It worked 1 1/2 times in a 9x13, but I thought it was a bit too much filling. Easy (though takes a bit of time) and was fine made 2 days ahead (made Saturday and served Monday).