Community Message Boards

Thread: Corona (and reasonably nearby Inland Empire) Cooking Club

Corona (and reasonably nearby Inland Empire) Cooking Club

I've been the organizer of a cooking club for a few years now. We have about 10 members but find that we average 6 being able to attend at a time due to other commitments. So would love to see about having some more members.

We are based in Corona but have members in Pomona, Claremont, Riverside and Mira Loma.

We call it Libations & Culinary De-lights. We take turns hosting and meet one time per month. With the host providing the theme, main dish and a cocktail. And what courses they want. The other folks coming sign up for a course and state what dish they are bringing. That is cohesive with the theme and complements the entire meal. We also each bring a bottle of wine to share.

It is a lot of fun. We have couples and singles as part of the group. We will be having a dinner in November but will be skipping December.

Anybody interested? We do have rules -- such as everything needing to be homemade, and have a unique, gourmet twist. You can check them out here: http://www.meetup.com/Libations-Culi...-Lights/about/

Oh and I realize the rules are detailed and have some strong language but they evolved that way based upon experiences we had that made us realize we needed to be as clear and specific as possible. I'm sure we will share our funny stories about some of those experiences if you decide to join us

Also feel free to poke around and see some of our past events. We moved from another site to the link listed in April so that just shows our more recent events.
    Theresa & Gigi & Anisette & Enchante & Le Beau Ouiseaux Rouge

Why no beer? I would argue just as many people don't like beer as don't like wine or gin or tequila? Beer can be just as complicated and nuanced as wine. I get no yellow piss water beer, but then wouldn't that mean saying the equivalent of no wine out of a box?
    "I worry that you don't worry enough"--another worrier aka the Yarn Harlot

Quote Originally Posted by mcgeiger View Post
    Why no beer? I would argue just as many people don't like beer as don't like wine or gin or tequila? Beer can be just as complicated and nuanced as wine. I get no yellow piss water beer, but then wouldn't that mean saying the equivalent of no wine out of a box?
    That is one of my stories. .
    Theresa & Gigi & Anisette & Enchante & Le Beau Ouiseaux Rouge