Community Message Boards

Thread: New Santa Monica/ LA area supper club advice

New Santa Monica/ LA area supper club advice

I know this is not necessarily the appropriate board to post this on, but it seems that the supper club regional boards aren't really utilized. Most of the supper club posts there have no responses.

I've just moved to the Santa Monica/LA area, and would love to start a supper/cooking/exploring restaurants group. I'm married, so i'd prefer a couples group. I'm 45, but I love a group with a mix of ages and diversity. My old supper club met once a month for a group dinner, but sometimes a few of us would be able to get together here and there for a lunch, a cooking class, a trip to the kitchen store, etc. Would love love love to find a group of great people to do that with here.

Years ago when I lived in Kansas City, I posted (on the appropriate board) here and had great results, but it seems like that board had a lot more traffic back then. Are these clubs a thing of the past? Are there other food website/message boards that are more active for supper clubs, but that I just don't know about?

Help! I need new foodie friends.

Abbey

wrong thread
    Last edited by amarante; 11-10-2012 at 04:29 PM.

wrong thread

Last edited by amarante; 11-10-2012 at 04:30 PM.

??

perhaps the dessert recipes were posted here by mistake? They look lovely, but I'm not sure how they relate to the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I know this is not necessarily the appropriate board to post this on, but it seems that the supper club regional boards aren't really utilized. Most of the supper club posts there have no responses.

I've just moved to the Santa Monica/LA area, and would love to start a supper/cooking/exploring restaurants group. I'm married, so i'd prefer a couples group. I'm 45, but I love a group with a mix of ages and diversity. My old supper club met once a month for a group dinner, but sometimes a few of us would be able to get together here and there for a lunch, a cooking class, a trip to the kitchen store, etc. Would love love love to find a group of great people to do that with here.

Years ago when I lived in Kansas City, I posted (on the appropriate board) here and had great results, but it seems like that board had a lot more traffic back then. Are these clubs a thing of the past? Are there other food website/message boards that are more active for supper clubs, but that I just don't know about?

Help! I need new foodie friends.

Abbey
    Have you tried meetup.com? You might be able to find an existing group or start your own. I also think if you attended some cooking classes in your new area you might be able to meet some like minded couples.
    ______

Elizabeth

Walking Towards Wellness, my personal challenge to walk 10,000 steps per day in 2014 while living with and managing a chronic illness. Walk with me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1grl1by View Post
    Have you tried meetup.com? You might be able to find an existing group or start your own. I also think if you attended some cooking classes in your new area you might be able to meet some like minded couples.
    Hi Elizabeth,

Yes, I've looked on meetup. The only true cooking/supper club in my area on meetup has an age restriction. First time in my life I have "aged out" of something. :/ I'm probably going to join some food tasting meetups once in a while, and will hopefully meet some new people through there.