Community Message Boards

Thread: juicer for weight loss - is it a good idea?

juicer for weight loss - is it a good idea?

Is a juicer a good way to maintain a healthy weight? i'm thinking of one meal replacement. I'm almost 50. Pain issues have forced me to lower my cardio activity. As a result my weight is starting to creep up.

Quote Originally Posted by storispa View Post
    Is a juicer a good way to maintain a healthy weight? i'm thinking of one meal replacement. I'm almost 50. Pain issues have forced me to lower my cardio activity. As a result my weight is starting to creep up.
    Generally speaking......bad idea. Using a juicer concentrates calories and removes fiber. You are better off eating your calories than drinking them. Drinking calories will not give you a "full" feeling that you need to fight the feeling of hunger and is a faster and easier way to pile on the calories.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeaux View Post
    Generally speaking......bad idea. Using a juicer concentrates calories and removes fiber. You are better off eating your calories than drinking them. Drinking calories will not give you a "full" feeling that you need to fight the feeling of hunger and is a faster and easier way to pile on the calories.

Great to know! I was considering going this route until i read your post.