Community Message Boards
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weight Watcher/Weight Loss Thread January 2013

Hi everyone. We had a great weekend in Texarkana with our good friends. We went out to lunch Saturday, and Mike and Lynne had picked a Mexican restaurant. That probably would have been the last place I picked, but we were their guests so we kept our mouths shut. I love Mexican food, but it's certainly not the healthiest place to eat. I ordered fajitas, but I did eat some chips and salsa and a little quacamole. That night, Lynne roasted a chicken and made mashed potatoes and gravy and purple hull peas. I did make a big salad for everyone, and I didn't take one bite of anything until I finished my salad. Sunday morning, she made homemade biscuits and gravy, fried ham, and scrambled eggs. And Lynne is who got me involved in WW! Both Saturday night and Sunday morning, I hate tiny portions, but adding up what I ate on Friday and Saturday, I used 33 of my 49 extra points. I really don't understand why she cooked this way because she usually doesn't. We were home by noon yesterday, and I did not go over my 26 points. I plan to be very careful the rest of this week. I do not want a weekend to sabotage my hard work.

The WW Store was great, and I bought a red beans and rice mix, a Tuscan soup mix, and was given a box of "Celebration Cake" bars by the Leader there. They're 2 points each, and taste exactly like white cake with white icing. I wouldn't have bought them myself, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like them. We then went to the Amish store, and it was nothing but amazing. The furniture was incredible, and the food choices! Wow. My DH bought peanut butter (with peanuts being the only ingredient) and homemad butter (for him, not me), and I bought peach/jalepeno jam, several spices, and a huge bag of dehydrated okra. It was a place I could have stayed in all day, and kind of dangerous as I wanted almost everything they were selling.

It's cold again here, very cold, and I'm aching. I'm getting my knees x-rayed this afternoon, and then finding out when I go to Hot Srpings for the MRI. I hope everyone has a good week.

Denise
    "If you're lucky enough to live in the mountains, you're lucky enough."

Denise,

I hate when I have weekends like that! Well, the having to think so hard about what to eat or not eat when it all sounds and looks good...but is sounds like you had a good time and remained in control! Congratulations...
    The store sounds fantastic too. Makes me wish I were closer so I could go visit it...

I hope you can get an appointment quickly for an MRI and they figure out what exactly is going on and can get to work on fixing it.

Stay warm (it was windchill of 12 below here this morning )...just think it is past mid January only about 7-8 more weeks of pretty steady winter weather...
    EmptyNestMom
    Grandma Pam to 3

"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." – Julia Child

Just dropping in to say Hi. We were away this weekend revisiting colleges for DS2 so long car rides and eating out (sodium) is never a good thing. I always pack fruit and my water and try to choose healthy menu items the best I can.

It's sooo COLD here at -3F but feels like -15F according to my weather channel app. I wish I could hibernate for the rest of the winter.

Hope everyone has a good week. Denise, GL with the MRI.

Denise, maybe a little sibling rivalry going on, with your sister jealous of your success? I can't imagine why anyone would serve that menu to someone (two people!) well known to be on WW. you're guests, somewhat a captive audience. I'd be PO'd about that. She should have had a couple easy choices available that are on plan. I don't know what purple hull peas are, so maybe they're a free vegie?? I'm guessing not..... sounds like game playing going on. my family knows what we eat and what we don't, and respect our wishes, maybe not 100% but an effort. It's not always easy, and the people closest to you should not be undermining you. maybe not "intentional" but ??? I'm no psychologist but something sounds wrong to me.

Good luck on getting the knee imaging going... the sooner the better.

We did a big trip yesterday, a 7 hr snowshoe. we've been trapped in cold freezing fog but the mountains have been warm and sunny. it was a major exertion, mostly because it was so cold to start with, and so hot to go uphill in full sun. it was almost 70 degrees on the snow. a Big effort, about 8 miles, 2800 feet gain. If you've never exerted yourself in full sun on snow, it is very difficult. Doing my usual weight workouts other days and yoga class this morning.

DH wants to take off a few pounds too so for a snack after, we split an apple... I should have packed two but he usually doesn't eat one.... and a small serving of honey roasted peanuts, and water, lots and lots of water.

we have a week's vacation ( snowshoeing, xc skiing, hiking) coming up and if I am not down at least a pound or two, I'm joining WW online. getting nowhere fast.
    "If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle." Rita Mae Brown

Hi everyone. I'm taking Monday, Jan. 28th, off because it's my DH's birthday and we're going to Hot Springs for a fun day and a nice (healthy) meal out, so I asked my doctor to schedule the MRI then. I haven't heard back, but my doctor's office didn't think it would be a problem. I don't make much money at the college, but I have a lot of time off, in addition to other benefits, for which I'm grateful.

Valerie, we were at my closest friend's house, not my sister's. Lynne is the person who was instrumental in me joining WW. She and her husband (my DH's best friend) visited us about 1-1/2 years ago and she had lost 30 pounds on WW. We rotate spending weekends every month or two at each other's homes, and this was her weekend. Until this weekend, she's made delicious, healthy, WW friendly meals, including desserts. My DH and I talked about how odd this weekend was and what might be going on. She's recovering from thyroid surgery, but she's lost over 80 pounds on WW, and looks like a million bucks, not to mention she's wanting to go to work for them. I'm totally at a loss as to her reasons, but I decided when they come here next month, I'm going to ask her what was going on. I did tell her that I used all but 16 of my weekly extra points in just over 24 hours, and she looked embarrassed and said "sorry".

I also cannot imagine exerting yourself in full sun on snow. You continue to amaze me. Seriously. And after reading yours and Cafe Latte's and Pam's temperatures, I feel like a pitiful wimp to be calling lows in the 20s seriously bitter weather! But then again, you gals probably don't have the wherewithal to handle the excessive heat like I do!

I've really been eating well since getting back from Texarkana. I went to a large grocery store there and stocked up on things my small town grocery stores probably don't even know about. I bought Lavish bread, and for 2 points, it makes a wonderful pizza crust and it's very big. We're having that tonight loaded with marinara, veggies, turkey pepperoni, and low-fat cheese. A BIG and very tasty pizza for 6 points. I also got pitas there, but they're extremely thin and extremely soft. And extremely delicious. They're whole wheat and something else (I can't remember), and they're only 2 points each. At lunch today, I stuffed one with lean ham, low-fat cheese, spring greens, tomatoes, red onions, and a little honey mustard. Again, a lot of delicious food very just 6 points.

Denise

Denise, I never thought of using Lavosh as pizza crust...might have to try that. I do see them in the grocery stores here (I think)...but haven't really looked at them or the nutritional values. And the pita bread sounds delicious...

I have lived in St. Louis in the past and I don't like the extreme heat and humidity but right now I would take that over the cold. I do not like to be cold...but on the flip side we got a little snow this morning and it looked so pretty coming down (would have looked a lot nicer if I were retired and not going out in it to work!
    EmptyNestMom
    Grandma Pam to 3

"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." – Julia Child

whoops, sorry, thought it was your sister. but best friends are often closer than sisters so yeah, you should ask what she was thinking. I can see one decadent dish partnered with less indulgent things, so you can party a little but not too much.

you nailed it, I cannot work out in heat and that would be the end of my exercise career.
    DH and I plan around avoiding excessive heat. this wasn't excessive, just very bright and very warm comparatvely because of all the light reflecting off snow. kind of like glacier travel but not quite as extreme. we really aren't that cold here, colder in the mountains, but 20degrees is pretty cold for here.

caffe latte, -3 qualifies as COLD and with wind, that's hard to deal with. I think it feels much worse if you go in and out, from warm to cold, warm to cold, and sitting. much easier to adjust if you are moving around, generating heat. we always feel cold for the first 10 minutes, but then adjust and start peeling off layers.

Hi, all! Sounds like you're all cold -- shivering burns calories, you know...

Tomorrow is weigh-in, and I don't think I'm going to do very well -- I seem to have taken a couple of days of not thoroughly tracking, and I think it may catch up -- I don't lose much a week, so I'm a little afraid. I've been on track since I realized what I was doing, so -- fingers crossed -- I may be ok!

We may be going to Atlanta on Friday, and a chance to see DD and her DH, and maybe go to Trader Joe's and/or Whole Foods!!! I love those stores, and there just aren't any much closer than Atlanta! (2 hours away)

Have a great day, and I'll check in tomorrow or Thursday!
    Kay
    I'm a WYSIWYG person -- no subterfuge here!

Pam, give the Lavish bread a try. I love the flavor, and we each had a big, filling pizza loaded with good things for only 6 points. Same with that pita bread. I'm going to look at the name/brand when I go home for lunch. I've become very creative with finding delicious low-points foods high in quantity. As long as I'm not hungry, I really follow the plan easily. It's when I get hungry that I go over. And Valerie, I don't know how you do what you do when you're hungry a lot. Especially in the morning. I get up at 6:00 a.m. and take my breakfast to work with me each morning (I start at 8:00 a.m.), and even then I'm not always hungry.

Kay, good luck on your weigh-in. I know what you're feeling. I haven't stepped on the scales this week, and even though I'm into my 3rd on-program day, I'm nervous about my weigh-in tomorrow afternoon. Because of my weekend. But it is what it is, and if we don't have good results, we'll just get back on that horse, right? There is not a Trader Joe's in the state of Arkansas, and only one Whole Foods and that's in Little Rock, 3 hours away. We don't get there often -- only when I have a conference there -- but when we're in Little Rock, Whole Foods is always on the agenda. Whole Foods is the only place in Arkansas (that I know of) that sells sea bass, and that's our all-time favorite fish. We always buy enough to have that evening when we get home, and enough to freeze for another meal. It's high, ridiculously so, but since we buy it only once every year or two, we don't sweat the cost.

I'll check in tomorrow too after my weigh-in.

Denise

I never had sea bass... not sure I could tell it apart from any other firm white fish, which is about all I'll eat. I like salmon but DH detests it so that's not on the agenda, ever. If I make it, it's on evenings when he's not coming home until late. I'll eat tilapia, cod, halibut that kind of thing. I don't like seafood very much & DH is worse. picky. hate tuna. hate mayonnaise.
    I used to belong to WW a looong time ago back when liver was required ( did not eat it) and fish was a weight loss miracle. funny, fish doesn't seem to help loss like it once did. I'm "trolling" for fish recipes, I guess. I have a few I've gotten from here at CL that I can post or link to if any ones interested. I'd appreciate any favorites of yours.
    You non exercise people... I agree that 7 hrs of snowshoeing is a bit over the top, but have you ever tried lifting weights? I am here to highly recommend it. women can do it, you just start light and it really tones things up quickly. I can do push ups like a marine... well, almost.

I get up by 5 at the latest and eat at home, but I'm usually hungry. I wake up in the middle of the night hungry, but it usually is less in the morning. I assume that means I'm not over eating dinner.

Valerie, since my DH doesn't eat red meat, we eat fish more than anything else. And he's funny about chicken too -- it has to be sliced thin or shredded, etc. A good bit of it is a texture issue with him. We buy tilapia, flounder, cod, salmon, trout, plus we eat shrimp a lot too. Sea bass is not like any fish I've ever had. It's nirvana, heaven, I could go on and on. Almost sweet. And you pay for that, believe me. The last time we bought some in Little Rock, it was over $15.00 a pound. But it's indescribably delicious, at least to the two of us. Our "right now favorite" fish recipe is CL's blackened tilapia, but I think it's got "baja tacos" in the title. We grill or bake a lot of our fish, but I saute this one in an electric skillet with just a little olive oil. We don't make tacos from it, but you certainly could. It's very spicy, so if you don't like a lot of heat, cut back on the cayenne. We love heat though, so it's perfect for us. I even make the rub ahead of time when we camp and take the fish out of the freezer as we leave, so our first night's supper is quite wonderful.

I WAS taking 2 exercise classes, weights/strength training and low-impact aerobics. And I could tell such a difference in my strength, my stamina, my range of motion, etc. I miss it. It started back last week. I do have an appointment on Monday morning in Hot Springs for an MRI, so I'll be seeing our surgeon shortly thereafter I hope. I'm better, but if I turn a certain way (and I don't even know what I'm doing), the pain just about knocks me out. So I'm definitely not healing. As you said, Valerie, a tear like this doesn't heal itself. If that's what it is (I hope, I hope, I hope it's not).

Denise

I lost!!! Just .6 lbs, but I'm very happy about it! 4 lousy, miserable pounds gone -- I'm not setting the world on fire with my rapid loss, but I'm trying to learn portion control, without changing what I eat! So, I'm not eating fat-free anything, unless I expect to continue to do that. I'm sure that's slowing down my loss, but I know myself... if I go fat-free, maintenance will be a rapid gain as I add those things back in. For me, I think this plan is right. After all, it's something that is to become a lifetime habit!

We like fish -- I posted earlier about the "fried" catfish that's in one of the current WW cookbooks -- never had catfish before and really liked it! Also, there's a "flounder oreganata" recipe floating around that was good, too. I like a heartier fish, like mahi mahi and halibut, but they're harder to find (at a reasonable price) and DH is not always a fan. I do have access to lots of shrimp (We go to Dauphin Island once a year to have a shrimp fry and buy some fresh shrimp to bring home -- 25 pounds at a time!) and have several ways to cook it. My current favorite is peel-and eat!

Happy tracking!! Have a good week!
    Kay

just made the flounder oreganato last night. I like that one a lot, and it's very flexible. I use tilapia usually. DH won't eat fish with bones so that limits things. I'll look for the catfish one. To me, mild white fish all tastes the same except for halibut but that's usually seasonal and expensive. never had sea bass like denise mentioned, and I don't remember ever seeing it.

I don't do fat free generally either. I prefer fat free milk so that's an exception. ff salad dressing is beyond wretched. besides ff is not calorie free and it always seemed to me just being ff seemed to give people license to over do portions. I'm also trying for smaller portions of things I already make and like, combined with bigger vegie side dishes. Denise, good luck on the knee. Hope you can get your imaging done and the procedure scheduled ASAP.

I'm leaving this coming weekend so someone will need to start a Feb thread.

It's still cold here - 3F (feels like -13F) right now. I've been out looking for some clothes for our trip to Maui and I have been successful finding a few things so far. I ordered a few things online too, so they should be here tomorrow. I'm still not sure of the itinerary, but our flights are booked and there will be 6 nights of dinner with the group. I don't need to be super dressy (it's Maui, not NYC) but I am basically starting from scratch there and hope to have those items out of the way soon. T-shirts, capris, shorts, etc are easier to find, IMHO. Then there's the shoes part . DH is well aware of all of this.

LakeMartinGirl- congrats! .6 lbs is still a loss. I agree with you on the fat-free thing. The only fat-free we have in the house is milk and that's because nobody likes 1% or the higher fat. I never drink milk myself, but I do use real half and half in my coffee every morning. It's 1 pt and I am not giving it up. I weighed this morning and stayed the same which is great.

Val - have a good trip. Will it involve visiting sick relatives or can this be a fun trip after all?

Kay, I'd be jumping up and down with a .6 loss! I rarely lose a pound or more anymore, and I'm just fine with that since I've lost so much. And like most of you, we enjoy ourselves. We eat well and delicious things, and that's what's enabled us both to stick to this program for 1-1/2 years. We don't do fat-free either. We just use smaller portions of the real thing. Also, Kay, I have catfish in the freezer and the WW cookbook that recipe is in, so it's on the menu Saturday night. In Arkansas, catfish is more available than chicken. Seriously. And it's in every pond. My DH considers the catfish in our pond pets -- he feeds them and all the kids around here, and our friends' grandchildren, consider feeding our catfish the highlight of their days in the summer. Seriously, though, some of them are so big it's a bit frightening to me. And every single restaurant serves FRIED catfish, which I have to say is fabulous. But we love it grilled, blackened, baked, etc., and I'm looking forward to trying this recipe.

Thanks for the encouragement, Valerie. I'm through with my complaining and now I'm committed to getting fixed! A change of attitude! I hope you have a great time away, too. How long will you be gone?

Cafe Latte, I feel for you with that weather! We were in the 30s on Monday and Tuesday, then we got to 65 yesterday, and we're at 40 today with the temp dropping all day. I can only imagine how great Maui is going to feel to you. I'm envious. And how fun getting so many new items of clothing must be!

I got on the scale this morning (my meeting's tonight), and I weighed exactly, to the 10th of a pound, what I weighed last Thursday morning. Considering the weekend disaster, I'm not surprised. My DH was up 1 pound, and he's actually angry about it! I'll check in tomorrow.

Denise

Denise - GL on your weigh in tonight. Hopefully it will be better news than you expect. It does take some time to recover from bad meals, so hopefully next week will be a great weigh in. It took me 4 days to recover from my weekend meals. Even thought my pts were decent, the sodium in restaurant food and sitting in the car were detrimental. I'm so not a salter and I hate when I have no control over it. I'm still doing my daily weight experiment so I know exactly where I was Monday am compared to today (3 lbs) and I know it wasn't excess food. We have no plans to eat out this weekend, so I should be stable for the next week.

I'm so glad we're all on the same page about fat-free this and that. I do use FF half and half, but I always have! I can deal with reduced-fat things, like cream cheese, because I don't think much flavor is lost, but I just can't see the purpose of using stuff I won't keep using! After losing the same 20 to 60 lbs over and over, I just want to get reasonably slim, and STAY there!!! Habits are hard to make and easy to break -- and why can't that be the other way around?? I wish I could get into the bigger veggie side dishes, but I've always been side-dish-planning impaired... trying to change that! I'm good about eating at least 3 fruits a day, though. But I'm tired of salads -- need "real" vegetables, but preferably with something else that makes them taste good without adding (many) points!

Valerie -- I hope you're trip is for pleasure, and not to take care of people! And I hope you can stay on track (reasonably) so you don't have a big do-over when you get home! Don't worry, someone will start the thread.

Cafe Latte -- I find myself to be a little jealous (ok, a LOT jealous) about your trip to Maui! The good news is that there is always fish on the menu, and fresh veggies, so it's easier to eat healthily -- not counting the yummy parasol drinks! Really, I hope you truly enjoy it, and the new, smaller, clothes you're buying to take!!!

Denise -- glad you're getting your knee looked at with an eye towards fixing it! Good luck on your weigh-in... You could be in for a pleasant surprise!
    Kay

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMartinGal View Post
    Cafe Latte -- I find myself to be a little jealous (ok, a LOT jealous) about your trip to Maui! The good news is that there is always fish on the menu, and fresh veggies, so it's easier to eat healthily -- not counting the yummy parasol drinks! Really, I hope you truly enjoy it, and the new, smaller, clothes you're buying to take!!!
    Well, I'd be jealous too if it wasn't me since I found out we are staying at the Four Seasons and it is very expensive. It's not a place we would be staying at if we were paying for the trip ourselves. I've been checking out the restaurants at the resort already. I am a big seafood lover, especially when I don't have to make it myself, so I know I will be in heaven. I've decided that for once I will not track food during that week. I know how to make good choices and whatever the outcome, I will survive. I plan to have FUN!

No sick relatives this time!.. just fun, relaxation. we rent a house.... reduces driving and doesn't force us to eat restaurant food all the time. I don't like restaurant food and never have. I even bring our espresso machine so we can have our morning lattes! we usually are pretty active ...sometimes way more than usual but sometimes weather limits it somewhat.

I do some reduced fat things like cottage cheese, other dairy products. most of the weird ff has disppeared from the shelves. I need a little fat in my food for flavor, but too much fat is as unpleasant for me as too little.

I found the cornmeal coated catfish and will try that soon. Denise, I'm not sure I've ever had catfish but will make a point to try it if I see it.
    I'm having issues with printing recipes lately. If I use the "thread tool" and then go to print, the print is now microscopic. teensy. If I just select the text and print it without using thread tools, it is the same microscopic size. if I go to print preview and change the size I can get print bigger, I get all the coding, and if the print size is Ok then it drops words on the right margin. Is anyone else having problems? I haven't changed anything.....

I can't say exactly when this started but it seems pretty recent.

Val - glad to hear your vacation will be a fun one. Enjoy!

As for your printing problems, I really don't print off the site. If I see a recipe I like, I copy it into my Mastercook. Hopefully someone else can help.

Good morning everyone. I was up .4 last night, and I have to say it kind of irritated me. I had five perfect days. Never going over my points, eating power foods, etc., but those two days at Lynne's did me in. It was a good meeting, though, and this next week will be so much better.

I'll check in Tuesday with everyone. Getting the MRI on Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by dcollier View Post
    Good morning everyone. I was up .4 last night, and I have to say it kind of irritated me. I had five perfect days. Never going over my points, eating power foods, etc., but those two days at Lynne's did me in. It was a good meeting, though, and this next week will be so much better.
    Hang in there! It's less than 1/2 a lb still and could have been worse. I know, it's not what you wanted, but just focus on the week ahead and put this one behind you. You've been dealing with a lot lately, so the added stress of your knee injury (plus the appt/insurance issues) and the food your friend served makes the gain harder to accept emotionally. This is just temporary. Hopefully your MRI will bring better results than expected and you will get back to your routine in no time.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe Latte View Post
    Well, I'd be jealous too if it wasn't me since I found out we are staying at the Four Seasons and it is very expensive. It's not a place we would be staying at if we were paying for the trip ourselves. I've been checking out the restaurants at the resort already. I am a big seafood lover, especially when I don't have to make it myself, so I know I will be in heaven. I've decided that for once I will not track food during that week. I know how to make good choices and whatever the outcome, I will survive. I plan to have FUN!
    You go, girl! Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie226 View Post
    I'm having issues with printing recipes lately. If I use the "thread tool" and then go to print, the print is now microscopic. teensy. If I just select the text and print it without using thread tools, it is the same microscopic size. if I go to print preview and change the size I can get print bigger, I get all the coding, and if the print size is Ok then it drops words on the right margin. Is anyone else having problems? I haven't changed anything.....

I can't say exactly when this started but it seems pretty recent.
    I generally copy it and paste it into a Word document, or right into Living Cookbook. I never print right from the site, any more.

Quote Originally Posted by dcollier View Post

I'll check in Tuesday with everyone. Getting the MRI on Monday.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Denise
    Harder to take since the food was a blind-side from someone who should know better. You'll lose it next week, though -- steady on!
    Kay

Last night, my 93 year old mother got out of bed to go to the bathroom and fell and broke her hip. My precious sister in Amarillo takes care of her and called me around 11:00 pm. My DH and I were up until 2:00 am packing and making arrangements for all our livestock and animals (we took our dog Lilly with us). We left early this morning for Amarillo, an 8 hour drive for us. Mother made it through the surgery, is stable, but hasn't spoken a word all day. She just stares at us and occasionally smiles. Which they say is normal for someone her age and, oddly enough, her weight (98 pounds). No doctor appointments for me this week! Please send positive thoughts for my mother, Marie. She's a very brave tiny little woman.

Denise

Oh dear... I do hope that she will be OK.... thoughts and prayers with you and yours..

Denise -- good thoughts and healing prayers for your mom! Get those doctor appointments rescheduled!!
    Kay

Denise - Sad to hear of your mom's fall. Hopefully she has spoken since you posted. I'm keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

I had a moment of success yesterday -- a pair of non-stretch jeans (which shows you how old they are) that I couldn't fasten before WW, went on, zipped and looked great yesterday!

However, I went to book club today, and probably blew it -- chocolate chip bundt cake and a wee bit of ice cream. I allowed 10 points, do you think that's enough??
    Kay

Quote Originally Posted by LakeMartinGal View Post
    I had a moment of success yesterday -- a pair of non-stretch jeans (which shows you how old they are) that I couldn't fasten before WW, went on, zipped and looked great yesterday!

However, I went to book club today, and probably blew it -- chocolate chip bundt cake and a wee bit of ice cream. I allowed 10 points, do you think that's enough??
    That's great about the pants. That's a better indicator of weight loss than the scale!

As for the cake pts, it depends on the size of the cake. Unless you are eating all your WP, I wouldn't worry about being a couple of pts off. It's really hard to be exact in most cases. I probably would have given 10 pts for it as well.

I've been craving chocolate cake today. It's PMS taunting me I know, but a square of chocolate sent the feeling away (for now). I've have a big bar of TJ's milk chocolate that I have been taking a square off here and there since before Tgiving. I'm never tempted to eat the entire thing though, but if there was a cake in front of me today, I probably would have devoured it all - and I never get that type of craving. Just today. Meanwhile, there are Chips Ahoy in the house and some other sweets that DS eats, but I have no desire for those. Go figure.

Denise, hope your mom is improving. I have been thinking about her and wondering if you are still with her.

I'm happy to report my chocolate cake craving went away. Hope everyone is having a good week and that Val is enjoying her vacation.