Community Message Boards

Thread: Bakeless Brownies/Rev of Bakeless Sweets

Bakeless Brownies/Rev of Bakeless Sweets

I totally messed up making these the first time around and was consequently unimpressed. But once I got the recipe right, they turned out great. SO easy and SO fast. Super yummy.

Name:  20130615-IMG_4435.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  4.7 KB

http://thespicedlife.com/2013/06/bak...ss-sweets.html
    -Laura

Muffins are for people who don't have the 'nads to order cake for breakfast.
    --Seth, "Kitchen Confidential" (the show, not the book)

www.thespicedlife.com/

I saved this recipe this week. What were your mistakes so I don't duplicate them?

Quote Originally Posted by amarante View Post
    I saved this recipe this week. What were your mistakes so I don't duplicate them?
    I didn't measure the sweetened condensed milk. I know, so embarrassing.
    -Laura

www.thespicedlife.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ljt2r View Post
    I didn't measure the sweetened condensed milk. I know, so embarrassing.
    Thanks. I thought it might have been something more esoteric like not having the right consistency for the crackers or nuts.

I think everyone has made those kinds of mistakes - I am especially prone to when I am making something that I make frequently and hence are careless about.

Quote Originally Posted by amarante View Post
    Thanks. I thought it might have been something more esoteric like not having the right consistency for the crackers or nuts.

I think everyone has made those kinds of mistakes - I am especially prone to when I am making something that I make frequently and hence are careless about.
    I was so frustrated because the recipe was in grams and tablespoons and the dumb can was only in millileters, and so I decided surely she just means the whole can.... uh she didn't mean the whole can.
    -Laura

www.thespicedlife.com/

Bumping to share the excellent peppermint mini chocolate chip version of these I made at the beach. PERFECT beach treat, refreshing and no oven turned on!

http://thespicedlife.com/2013/06/no-...chip-bars.html
    -Laura

www.thespicedlife.com/

Laura,

Thanks for the review! I just rec'd the book and I've got my eye on the No-Bake Meyer Lemon Bars! Gotta get a bag of Meyers at WF on Friday

~Gail
    "I expect to pass through life but once.
    If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show or any good thing I can do any fellow being, let me do it now and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again."
    -William Penn (1644-1718)

~~www.Nurse-Gail.com~~

Quote Originally Posted by gabbyh View Post
    Laura,

Thanks for the review! I just rec'd the book and I've got my eye on the No-Bake Meyer Lemon Bars! Gotta get a bag of Meyers at WF on Friday

~Gail
    Let me know how they--or anything else you try-- turn out!
    -Laura

www.thespicedlife.com/