Community Message Boards

Thread: Slowcooker

Slowcooker

I got for Valentines day a new crock-pot with automatic stirring system. The Original Slow Cooker" Does anyone has a model like that and how do you like it? I intend of cooking lots of meals with it and take them to my DD & SIL, since I start babysitting for my 3 month old granddaughter in 2 weeks.

Ernie

Never heard of it but you can search slow cooker recipes here and come up with many great things.
    Thoreau said, 'A man is rich in proportion to the things he can leave alone.'

Slowcooker

Thank you for your response and tips. I did never new there is such a crock-pot existing and I was surprised. I will try to find more info and will post it. The instruction which came with it didn't tell much how o use the stirring paddles. In the meantime I will enjoy my slowcooker and try lots of recipes which were posted at a past tread.

Sloowcooker

River-Farm, I just clicked on the webpage you gave me. I guess I missed it yesterday when I tried to find more info. This is exactly the one I got. I will read upon it.
    Thanks again.

Ernie

I didn't know there was such a thing either.

Interesting machine. I don't think the stirrers are a big deal and don't change a recipe. Per the website, you don't have to use them.

You use one for soups/chile which don't have large pieces of food that need to remain intact and the paddle for foods like stews which might have veggies/potatoes or large pieces of meat. Obviously, you don't use when cooking roasts or braising cuts of meat.

I don't recall stirring as being an issue with anything I've tried in a crockpot because the whole point of a crockpot is that it is a low (or relatively low) heat that is not just on the bottom of the pan but the heat runs the entire surface of the "crock" the food is cooked in.

slowcooker

Thank you for all the info about the slow cooker.
    I went yesterday to get some boneless chicken thighs and cooked the Thai recipe and the chicken curry, but have not tasted anything yet. The Thai chicken I took today to my DD and the curry I have tomorrow mye. I think the stirring paddles are nonsense and I want use them.For now I give up on the soo cooking nd wait till the weather gets cooler.

Ernie