Community Message Boards

Thread: How many servings?

How many servings?

Hi all,

I want to make the Merlot Pot Roast everyone has been talking about and I have a 3 lb boneless chuck roast. I want to serve 4 people, will 3 lbs be enough? I make brisket all the time in the crock pot and it shrinks so much and am assuming this piece of meat would do the same. I actually have 2 three pounders and could use both if I need to. Any advice?

Thanks!!

Michele

i wish i had a solid response for you but my guess is it might be just enough. are you going to have some sort of potatos and veges to? i am trying to think of how much meat i buy when i make a pot roast and i am pretty sure i get a 3-4lber for 2 and we always have tons left over.

if you still doubt it then add the extra you have and you can make hash.

OH OH OH i have an idea call the meat section of your grocery store the butcher will be able to give you a solid response!

Pretty much the basic rul of thumb is 1/4 poiund per person on meat with no bone and 1/2 pound for meat with bone. Your roast will be large enough.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

Thanks guys for your help! I knew there was a rule of thumb out there, thanks Sneezles for reminding me what it was!