Community Message Boards

Thread: Indian Chicken in Almond Sauce with Peas in Slow Cooker

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Indian Chicken in Almond Sauce with Peas in Slow Cooker

The slow cooker is a great method for cooking Badami Murgh, or Almond Chicken. You just need all natural (no sugar or anything added) almond butter. The peas really perk it up--I was really happy with how this came out.

Name:  20140309-IMG_7326.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  6.4 KB

http://www.thespicedlife.com/2014/03...ow-cooker.html
    Last edited by ljt2r; 03-30-2014 at 11:16 AM.
    -Laura

Muffins are for people who don't have the 'nads to order cake for breakfast.
    --Seth, "Kitchen Confidential" (the show, not the book)

www.thespicedlife.com/

You cook more interesting things.....Right now, I'm just happy if I get to eat and it's something that's isn't too bad for me. Friday I had some toast for breakfast and ate "lunch" after 11 p.m. But I hope I will remember to come back and try some of these things you've been posting when things calm down.

(Yeah, we took my dad back into the hospital. The doctor offered him direct admission Thursday but he wasted to try it at home and spent nearly 8 hours in the ER because they were so busy Friday -- but he's where he needs to be now.)

Quote Originally Posted by Beth View Post
    You cook more interesting things.....Right now, I'm just happy if I get to eat and it's something that's isn't too bad for me. Friday I had some toast for breakfast and ate "lunch" after 11 p.m. But I hope I will remember to come back and try some of these things you've been posting when things calm down.

(Yeah, we took my dad back into the hospital. The doctor offered him direct admission Thursday but he wasted to try it at home and spent nearly 8 hours in the ER because they were so busy Friday -- but he's where he needs to be now.)
    I am so sorry things are still tumultuous. We don't necessarily eat like this every night! And, as long as you are cooking (which is sounds like you do not even have time for that), dishes like this are not as tricky as they seem. As you probably know.

I hope things calm down soon. Hugs.
    -Laura

www.thespicedlife.com/

Beth, also hoping things calm down. Sending good thoughts.

The recipe: Do you think peanut butter or soynut butter would work? I have almond allergies.
    Thoreau said, 'A man is rich in proportion to the things he can leave alone.'

wallycat, I wish that I could answer your question. Give it a try???

laura, thanks tons for this recipe-- I need some slow-cooker meals this week and have almond butter in the fridge waiting for use...
    Vicci

Can't you just eat what I put in front of you? Do you have to know what it is?
    Ria Parkinson, Butterflies (BBC, 1978-83)

It is funny you ask--don't know if you saw my mushroom slow cooker dish from the same cookbook, but I asked an Indian lady if she thought that sub (PB specifically) would remain true to the dish and she said definitely no--but fusion was popular in India so why not try it. So I guess that is my answer. My guess is no Indian guest would recognize the dish, but if you have almond allergies then by all means try some other all natural nut butter. Good luck and let me know how it goes!
    -Laura

www.thespicedlife.com/