Community Message Boards

Thread: When do you get suspicious?

When do you get suspicious?

I get suspicious when burgers are a round 360 dgs and lack the uneven crispy edges. All the fast food places feature frozen round burgers. Last night, we used a gift certificate for carry out. Perfectly round burgers that fit perfectly on the bun. When I called to ask if the burgers came in frozen, I was assured that they didn't. Ha! Chewy dry meat. And the waffle fries? Disgusting!

And people smirk at me when i tell them we don't eat out much.
    Sorry it was dry and blech... After all, frozen meat, thawed and cooked up can still taste good.
    Thoreau said, 'A man is rich in proportion to the things he can leave alone.'

I'm getting turned off on eating out, too.

All the time.

We rarely eat out at fast food or such any more. It just isn't worth it. We wait until we can go out for a truly nice, enjoyable meal. I'd rather do that once every other month than a ton of mediocre meals.

Couldn't tell you the last time I had a fast food burger. For me burgers are relegated to summer when garden fresh tomatoes are available. Dh does the grilling.

mmm, now I want a burger

I eat pretty healthy but you cannot kill the junk food goddess that lives inside my heart. While I prefer a nice, juicy, properly prepared burger, I'm still down with eating the grey mush that comes from a fast food spot.

But I agree, we don't eat out much either - for the same reason, I'd rather splurge on good sushi or wine than eat out regularly at mediocre places.

We have a small burger place about 1/4 mile from us that uses local, grass-fed beef and the patties are hand formed. Best burgers I've ever had.

Richard

I make most of our burgers, with a few specialty items bought at the meat counter. However, I confess to the following weaknesses that occasionally grab me:
    McDonald's cheeseburger
    Jack in the Box tacos
    Carl's Jr. fried okra with ranch dressing
    Foster;s Freeze taquitos

There is nothing in any of those remotely resembling the food they purport to be, but dang, they sure taste good on the rare occasion I indulge.
    With all of our running and all of our cunning, If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane...
    "Changes in Attitude, Changes in Latitude" Jimmy Buffet