Community Message Boards

Thread: Loco Moco, including review of Man Made Meals

Thumbs up Loco Moco, including review of Man Made Meals

The publishers sent me Steven Raichlen's Man Made Meals to review for my blog. I get a little tired of the grilling, and I roll my eyes at the weird machismo of a cookbook for men, but having said that I love Raichlen's tastes. They are right up my alley. We had such fun with this recipe--a traditional Hawaiian hangover cure lol. A fried--but truly not greasy--hamburger (and you could certainly sub turkey to make it even lighter) with a Pacific Rim inspired gravy/sauce over rice. Then you throw a fried or poached egg onto that. I also served it with a mango cucumber relish. Big thumbs up from everyone in my family.

Name:  20140524-IMG_8781.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  6.4 KB

http://www.thespicedlife.com/2014/06...ade-meals.html
    -Laura

Muffins are for people who don't have the 'nads to order cake for breakfast.
    --Seth, "Kitchen Confidential" (the show, not the book)

www.thespicedlife.com/

My older son might like that. My youngest is a ketchup only type. It might be good, but I'll never go for an egg on top of a burger, steak, etc.

Beth, how interesting your comment was about the egg.
    When I worked in Paris, they put egg on top of so much stuff, initially it freaked me out--especially on pizza! But I grew to love it. Worth a shot!

That looks yummy.
    Thoreau said, 'A man is rich in proportion to the things he can leave alone.'

I have learned to love fried eggs on dishes. Having said that, I say still try it without.
    -Laura

Muffins are for people who don't have the 'nads to order cake for breakfast.
    --Seth, "Kitchen Confidential" (the show, not the book)

www.thespicedlife.com/