Community Message Boards

Thread: OT: Who produces Kirkland Brand Shampoo

OT: Who produces Kirkland Brand Shampoo

I just tried Kirkland's brand shampoo at Costco and am very impressed. It smells like a coconut shampoo I used to get by Paul Mitchell. Does anyone know who produces this shampoo for Costco?

As far as I know, Joyce, "Kirkland" is a Costco only brand. Don't think it is available thru any one else.
    LuAnn.....

Striving to cook like my mother did........ I Love You!!

Perhaps I phrased myself poorly. Most Costco brands are produced by the makers of name brand products. I was wondering if anyone knew who was putting this out under the Costco label.

Is there a telephone # on the bottle, or any other info where you could contact and ask.

I did a general search of "costco shampoo kirkland" and came up with a page with this info:

On something like Costco's Kirkland brand shampoos and conditioners, you get a salon quality product with very high quality ingredients for $2.50 (the 34 oz. size) that would sell for at least $15 elsewhere. It's not that hard to imagine a company like Paul Mitchell or another higher end shampoo marketer making this product for Costco, either. Duracell manufactures Kirkland Signature batteries and Agfa manufactures Kirkland Signature film.

from http://www.fool.com/specials/1999/sp...ksformom11.htm

I don't know about the shampoo, but will let you know if I find out. In the meantime, I might check it out for DH.

I did remember (after the dryer kaput thread) that Kirkland appliances are made by Whirlpool also.

I've been usng the conditioner for about a month now, and we just bought the shampoo last week. I like it too. I especially like the pump dispensor.

Don't quote me, but I'm almost positive the Kirkland Shampoo is comparable to 'Nexxus Therape' shampoo...which also has a coconut scent! I think it's made by Nexxus. Joyce, just curious. It's been a long time since I've even looked at their shampoo. Does your bottle just say 'shampoo' or does it have a specific name on it? Special variety? I love coconut-scented shampoo, and I used to use Nexxus exclusively when I dated the area rep and got the huge pump dispensers for free!
    ~ "The right shoe can change your life...."- Cinderella ~

The bottle gives no clue as to the mfg. It is the regular brand of Kirkland Shampoo, comes two huge bottles to a pkg. and is TERRIBLY inexpensive. I used to use a coconut shampoo by Paul Mitchell, so there are a few out there, which made me curious as to which one this is.