Community Message Boards

Thread: Signing off for awhile: have a WONDERFUL holiday season!

Cool Signing off for awhile: have a WONDERFUL holiday season!

Hey y'all,

As some of you might know, I generally only surf the boards when I'm at the office, because of the painful slowness of my dial-up connection at home.

Well, I'm out on vacation for two weeks beginning tomorrow. Part of that time, we'll be in Texas, and part of that time, we'll just be at home relaxing for the holidays. In any event, I won't be back in the office until after Christmas, so I won't be checking the boards again until then.

I hope everyone has a fabulous and safe holiday season! "See" you soon!

(I am still on the boards for the rest of the day, so keep those posts coming!)

Have a fabulous holiday, Eva - be safe, and we'll see you next year!!

Bye, Eva! Have a peaceful and joyous holiday, a wonderful time with family and safe travels. I will miss you!

Warmest wishes,

Julie
    If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in! Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends.

Eva,
    I hope you have a great visit in Texas and a nice Christmas with your family! We are also going "home" for Christmas, but not until the 22nd.
    As I mentioned on the chicken pox thread, my son is home all week from school with them, so I'll be on the boards reading and posting and....oh yeah, cooking and baking more than usual.
    Enjoy your time off!

Suzy

Have a wonderful holiday Eva! Enjoy the travel, but be CAREFUL!! We need you back here safe and sound after the holidays! Maybe Santa will bring you DSL for your home computer connection and you can 'surf' anytime you want!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
    ~ "The right shoe can change your life...."- Cinderella ~

Originally posted by Jewel
    Maybe Santa will bring you DSL for your home computer connection and you can 'surf' anytime you want!
    Don't I wish! Unfortunately, we live in an area that isn't supported by either DSL or cable modem yet. Last I heard, Qwest was projecting DSL in our area by summer 2003. A heck of a lot of good that does me now!

Originally posted by aggie94

Don't I wish! Unfortunately, we live in an area that isn't supported by either DSL or cable modem yet. Last I heard, Qwest was projecting DSL in our area by summer 2003. A heck of a lot of good that does me now!
    I hear you! We keep getting the notices in the mail from Qwest saying "DSL is in your area!" We get all excited, then DH calls and they say "Oh...not in YOUR area yet..." It's totally frustrating! A month later we'll get another notice, we'll do the DSL Dance again, then he'll call, and he'll hear the same thing again: "Oh...not in YOUR area yet..." (sigh) Teasers...
    ~ "The right shoe can change your life...."- Cinderella ~

Originally posted by aggie94

I'm embarassed to say that cable modem or DSL availability was one of the criteria for choosing our home. But that is mainly because I work from home so I need to have it for my job. (And this board!)

Anyway, have a wonderful trip and a peaceful holiday. We'll miss you on the boards.

Eva - Wishing you safe travels and a wonderful holiday with your family!

Kathryn

And here I thought DSL and cable were available just about anywhere by now ... duh ... shows that I am not the hugest techie in the world!

Anyhow. Just wanted to wish you and your family (including dogs) a wonderful holiday season. That goes also for anyone else departing the boards early!

Natasha

Happy Holidays, Eva! Have a safe & fun journey & holiday season.

-Amanda
    "Heroes are not giant statues framed against a red sky. They are people who say: This is my community, and it's my responsibility to make it better."-Tom McCall (Oregon governor from 1967-1975)

Enjoy the holidays! Aren't you trying to pull off a surprise party for your DH/DF/DB as a part of these travels? Hope it goes well. I think I remember reading that on another post.

Yikes! To hear you say you'll be back in two weeks, after Christmas, is a sobering reminder of how close it is. Boy, I better get moving!!

Safe traveling!

Have a happy holiday season and enjoy your vacation!

Leigh
    "Mommy, Can we Please, Please, Please have spinach for dinner?" DD2(age 6)

Eva,

Have a great vacation and happy holidays!

PS I'm one post ahead of you and will be ahead when you return.
    Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Maxine

Eva,

Two weeks without checking the BB's? Is that possible? I think I would go nuts!! Have a wonderful and safe vacation! Happy Holidays!

Peggy

Thanks for letting us know your plans Eva! As I tell my DDs- just let me know where you are so I won't worry!!
    Have a wonderful and restful holiday!
    You think you're not ever going to be able to eat another thing, but alas, you will find yourself feeling strangely peckish around teatime. The more you eat, the more you want. That's the way it goes."

Nigella Lawson

slknight, you shouldn't be embarrassed! DH and I have actually been talking about moving for that very reason (plus some others). It sucks to have a nice computer sitting at home and never want to use it!

Meg, YES! I'm trying to pull off a surprise party for DH's 30th birthday, which is Saturday. Things are starting to unravel at the seams, though. For starters, his mom had to make an emergency trip to NY last week to see her dying sister, who passed away today. Now she may be flying to Puerto Rico to take her sister's body home. Looks like we won't even see her while we're in TX. Second, DH's best friend slipped and said something about a party the other night on the phone to DH. He tried to cover, but if DH suspects anything now, at least hopefully he only suspects that his friends are throwing him a party, and not me. Now, one of my dogs is sick. I had to take him to the vet this afternoon and he's on IV pain medication and is having x-rays taken. If it's bad, I might not be going anywhere.

Wendy, no worries - I'll catch up when I get back. You'll be looking over your shoulder to see me right on your tail!

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. See you soon!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Eva!!!

Originally posted by Natasha
    And here I thought DSL and cable were available just about anywhere by now ... duh ... shows that I am not the hugest techie in the world!

Anyhow. Just wanted to wish you and your family (including dogs) a wonderful holiday season. That goes also for anyone else departing the boards early!

Natasha
    As one who is from Canada originally, let me just say that Canada is more progressive where this type of technology is concerned (or at least Ontario was). We had the opportunity to have cable modem at least 6 to 7 years ago there. It JUST came to our area here.

But then again, I live in an area where people think a debit card is a new invention. I have used a debit card since 1980 when I was a student and had a part time job. But that is a WHOLE OTHER topic.