Community Message Boards

Thread: Freezing Wonton Wrappers??

Question Freezing Wonton Wrappers??

My local grocery store has a number of Asian foods on sale right now for Chinese New Years, namely wonton wrappers, however I won't have a chance to use them for awhile. Was hoping to try the New Years Dumplings in CL Jan '02.
    Anyone know if these freeze well, the wrappers, that is? I have a FoodSaver, if that helps.
    Appreciate any feedback.
    Jeanne

YES!

Dumpling wrappers freeze very nicely. In fact, the ones I buy from my local Asian grocery store are always frozen. I've left unused wrappers in the freezer for months. Just be sure you thaw them well before using them, or they will crack when you try to bend them.

I have always just frozen them in the package they come in. Using the food saver might help keep them a longer time though.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

still no clue what a foodsaver is, but freezer them works out just great
    Thoreau said, 'A man is rich in proportion to the things he can leave alone.'

FoodSaver

Thank you all for the feedback.
    Wallycat, the FoodSaver allows you to suck the air out of supplied bags for food storage, specifically for freezing. It usually will extend the life and quality of most foods. If you would like more information, there has been a number of previous threads on this subject.

Jeanne