I made these last night and they turned out great! The original recipe was on the Pillsbury Bakeoff site, but I made some changes. They suggested drizzling with 3 T. butter. These are fine without. Also, I made it using boneless, skinless breasts.
Taco Flavored Oven Fried Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about a pound and a half)
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup breadcrumbs (Progresso Parmesan Flavored)
1/4 cup flour
1 packet of taco seasoning mix (I used Old El Paso)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Put chicken breasts in large ziplock bag.
2. Pour buttermilk over chicken in bag
3. Add one tablespoon of the taco seasoning to buttermilk/chicken.
4. Marinate for at least 2 hours (you could probably skip this but I find that buttermilk tenderizes chicken)
5. Mix breadcrumbs, flour, remaining taco seasoning, salt and pepper
6. Pour some of crumbs on a pie plate. Lift buttermilk coated chicken breasts out of bag and roll in crumbs. Or, you could do the shake and bake method
7. Spray pan with cooking spray. If you have a rack you can set on the pan, spray that. Set chicken pieces on rack on in pan
You could also use a broiler pan.
8. Optional: Spray chicken pieces with butter flavored Pam if you have some around.
9. Bake chicken pieces at 375 for about 35 to 40 minutes