Community Message Boards
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How about a photo thread?

You all look great!

DH is away and I don't have the camera here. I don't think I have any pictures of me on what I have downloaded. I'm always the one taking the pictures!

Found One!

Ok, I hope this works.

This picture is almost 15M old, but I only have two pictures that I am in on my computer and the other one is awful.

This is the day after Mariel was born, and the other little girl is Ginger (she was almost 3 here).

Leigh

Gee, Thanks Diana, this way it's smaller too!
    Last edited by lhall; 03-07-2002 at 10:27 AM.
    "Mommy, Can we Please, Please, Please have spinach for dinner?" DD2(age 6)

What a weird thing. I just linked from my email to this thread. Leigh's picture was there, then suddenly it was replaced by a box saying "Sorry, you are trying to access an image outside of ImageStation."

I had read the thread earlier and her picture was there ok. and all the other pictures are still there. Unless Leigh is in the process of changing the picture, I am totally baffled. Perhaps poltergeists are among us.
    Susan

So many books--So little time.

Originally posted by sushibones
    What a weird thing. I just linked from my email to this thread. Leigh's picture was there, then suddenly it was replaced by a box saying "Sorry, you are trying to access an image outside of ImageStation."
    What you have to do is go back into the url and cut off the part that says (as I recall) orig.jpg. It is tacked on to the end of the url after the first .jpg. This will 'feed' the url to ImageStation's database.

(I ran into this last night as I was posting a photo, and it worked. But then I got shy and deleted my post and the photo. )
    Nothing in the history of mankind can foul things up quicker than a computer
    ......with the possible exception of tequila and handguns.
    --Anonymous

OK, this is way too strange for me. Came back to this thread (not through email link) and the picture is back. I haven't done anything except look.

Wait, I'm hearing strange music....doo - doo, doo - doo.... (How do I type that so it looks like Twilight Zone music and not dog droppings?)
    Susan

Originally posted by sushibones
    OK, this is way too strange for me. Came back to this thread (not through email link) and the picture is back. I haven't done anything except look.

Wait, I'm hearing strange music....doo - doo, doo - doo.... (How do I type that so it looks like Twilight Zone music and not dog droppings?)
    NO, I just edited my post making the change suggested by Diana, and it worked!

Gotcha!

Leigh
    "Mommy, Can we Please, Please, Please have spinach for dinner?" DD2(age 6)

Originally posted by beejayw1
    (I ran into this last night as I was posting a photo, and it worked. But then I got shy and deleted my post and the photo. )
    Oh, Diana, don't be shy!

Whew!! That's a relief!!

Of course, that doesn't explain why I could see the picture before the edit, does it?
    Susan

I love this thread!

I am sitting here and just keep looking at you all, lol!!
    This is such a great thread, and I hope to see everyone's pics soon.
    I have to wait until my 18yo dd gets here, to help me post our pic-she knows more than I in this dept, lol!
    Everyone's pics that I can see are awesome, and I thank you all for posting..I wish I was pic-literate as well.
    I hope the CL BB, OR JeAnne can hook this place up! With all thats out there now, I think our house (CL BB) should be pic compatible, don't you? Nice to see you all! Zinnia

Cool, it worked! This is me and my husband last year.

I just want to say that I'm thrilled that a lot of us have taken the plunge and posted our photos! To those of you that think you're shy or 'not pretty enough', please re-think your decisions! We are all friends because of what we share together, not because of what we look like! Besides, we're all our own worst critics! I see that first photo I posted of myself in Hawaii and all I see is massive amounts of boobage and frizzed hair! You all (hopefully) don't see that, you only see me... We're all friends! If you met a lady at a BBQ or something and you struck up a conversation you wouldn't say "Oh, I can't stand next to that lady, she's prettier than I am..." and go hide your head. You'd be yourself and get to know that person! We're the same way.

We've shared everything from tough & chewy Pot Roasts to Irritable Bowel Syndrome...I think we can see and appreciate each other's photos! Besides, we want to SEE you smile instead of just this @#$% smiley!

OK, off my soapbox now...
    ~ "The right shoe can change your life...."- Cinderella ~

I WANNA PLAY, TOO

Everyone looks so beautiful- I LOVE seeing pictures of you all!!

I'd love to post a photo of DH and me- hell, I'm not shy- but I am technologically challenged- no scanner, no digital camera! What options do I have?? Can I go somewhere to have negatives or prints scanned to a disk? Help!
    If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper, a prayer, a magic-bean-buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, for we have some flax-golden tales to spin. Come in! Come in! Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends.

Cool

Originally posted by Jewel

Well I can't tell if that's true or not until you post a photo Goddess Gail...
    That was nearly twenty years ago anyway, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Originally posted by KValley
    I WANNA PLAY, TOO

[I'm not shy- but I am technologically challenged- no scanner, no digital camera! What options do I have?? Can I go somewhere to have negatives or prints scanned to a disk? Help!
    You and me both, Julie! Would love to share my family with you all but don't have the equipment or knowledge...

Peggy

Originally posted by Gail

That was nearly twenty years ago anyway, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Thhpppphhhhtttt!

Do we still get a photo? None of us has ever seen a real live Goddess before!
    ~ "The right shoe can change your life...."- Cinderella ~

Julie and Peggy-- you could *probablly* go someplace like Kinkos and have them scan a photo and save it to disk for you. Not sure how much something like that costs, but then you just upload the file to one of the free photo album sites that Jewel has mentioned, and link to that page from here....

Cool

Originally posted by Jewel

Thhpppphhhhtttt!

Do we still get a photo? None of us has ever seen a real live Goddess before!
    Heheheh...

Let's Hope This Works....

OK. Here goes!

This is a picture of my mother, me, and my daughter Emma at Baca's Confectionary.....which happens to be owned by Sneezles!

Originally posted by KValley

I'd love to post a photo of DH and me- hell, I'm not shy- but I am technologically challenged- no scanner, no digital camera! What options do I have?? Can I go somewhere to have negatives or prints scanned to a disk? Help!
    When you get your photos developed, most places offer a disk for an extra charge with all of your pictures. I never take this option, but I wish I did now.

Julie and Peggy, I had some old family photos scanned at Office Depot and put onto a disk. It worked great! Probably anywhere like Kinko's, Staples, etc. could do it too. I do not recall it being very expensive. A few dollars per scan. It adds up quickly, but if you are doing more than one photo you can tape them onto one sheet and have that scanned to save money. Then you can cut the photos out on your computer and sace them separately.

Oh well. Mine didn't work . Maybe it was too big.

Yeah, I'm so excited to see people's pictures. Jewel, great thread!!!!

em

Originally posted by claire797
    Oh well. Mine didn't work . Maybe it was too big.
    I saw it by going into properties and pasting the URL into my browser. Emma is beautiful! And how cool that you were at Sneezles's bar!

One More Time

Again. My mother, daughter, and me at BACAS CONFECTIONARY which is OWNED BY SNEEZLES.

I hope this works.

GAIL!

Come on, Gail! Do it! Otherwise we are just going to have to picture you like this:

Re: GAIL!

Originally posted by claire797
    Come on, Gail! Do it! Otherwise we are just going to have to picture you like this:

Actually, Claire, that IS a pretty accurate likeness of our Goddess.

Natasha

OK, please don't shoot me for posting another picture, but I just had to share this picture of one of my sons. It's from Halloween last year.

Trying YET AGAIN

Okay. This is like my 14th attempt to do this. Let's see what happens. *If* I succeed, you will see two photos. The first one is of my girls, Zoe (2 years old) and Mia (6 months old).

The second is of DH, Zoe, and me about 18 months ago. We all look pretty much the same today (well, all of us except for Zoe!).

Smile Okay, here goes

This is me ~~3 yrs ago. DH & I were on a camping trip in da' UP, eh?! I look pretty much the same now, except that I've had my haircut & am growing it back out now, so it's not quite that long yet (grow, grow, grow. ).

It's cool to see all your faces to place with all the names!

Kyle
    The nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind.

Re: Re: GAIL!

Originally posted by Natasha
    Actually, Claire, that IS a pretty accurate likeness of our Goddess.

Natasha
    I KNEW it!!!