Community Message Boards
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: How about a photo thread?

Wow, Wendy, you remembered what I said about Valerie Bertinelli! Thanks for thinking I resemble her. It's not such a bad thing. This has been fun! Good idea Jewel!

Susan, Casey is beautiful!! It is so nice to finally see her after following your pregnancy and now lurking on the new mom's thread. Absolutely precious!

I can't seem to get my picture to work, but imagestation is down, so I'll try again when it's working.

One thing I have noticed, everyone is so danged young! I was expecting more of an age mix, but from the pics everyone looks to be in their 20's. Maybe it's just that I'm getting old now - UGH!!

Uhm - I think I can I think I can

(whimper) what am I doing wrong guys?
    Last edited by clarksmom; 03-08-2002 at 09:45 PM.
    In the beginning, God created man, but seeing him so feeble, He gave him a dog

Re: Uhm - I think I can I think I can

Originally posted by clarksmom
    [img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid5/pe469623a86bc3545c0ff07616183933b/fde2cc11.[img]

Since I can't edit your post, here are the changes I think you need to make:

- Delete the period at the end of the web address
    - Add a slash (/) before the letters img in the second bracketed area.

So, Ralph, whe do the rest of us get to be as lucky as Grace and see your lovely face?????
    ~Kim~

Nashville Restaurant Examiner - check out my page
    Check out my blog: Zen Kitchen http://onehotkitchen-kim.blogspot.com/

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    Dave Barry

Originally posted by kwormann
    So, Ralph, whe do the rest of us get to be as lucky as Grace and see your lovely face?????
    Oh, man, I knew I'd be in trouble trying to help a fellow BBer and NOT posting a picture!

Just need to first find a good picture; second, figure out how to use my new scanner; and third, re-read these threads to transfer the pic from my PC to the web. Plus, I've been working a lot lately and haven't had much time just to loll around playing on the computer, and probably won't get that chance for another week or so. I promise I'll try though.

ok, i'm going to try also. this is one of me and DD amanda on valentines day...

it's so nice to put a face to all these names. after lurking here for a while, i felt obligated to put a pic in too! jewel, great thread (and i liked your wilma and fred pic!) i also think it's fun to see all the CL moms & babies...

marisa

Awwww! Marisa - your baby's precious (and you are too!)

Originally posted by MrsReber
    Wow, Wendy, you remembered what I said about Valerie Bertinelli! Thanks for thinking I resemble her. It's not such a bad thing.
    I don't think its a bad thing either. I think she's adorable!

Not so much in the last few years, but I have had people over the years tell me that I resemble Loretta Swit and one of my sisters was told the same because we are blonde and have somewhat full lips and it annoys us every time.

Aww, Marisa, you and the baby are just adorable!
    Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Maxine

Well not only are you the nicest people sin the universe you are also the most beautiful. No way am I posted here (well maybe if I can ever figure out how to do it!}
    Seeing all of you makes me feel even closer to you all! Okay eough with the sentimental stuff!
    And Gail-va va voom! Now we know how to get more guys on the BB!!!
    You think you're not ever going to be able to eat another thing, but alas, you will find yourself feeling strangely peckish around teatime. The more you eat, the more you want. That's the way it goes."

Nigella Lawson

well god bless you ralph but..

cant seem to get it to work even after your suggestions. Another one for my "grrrrrrr" files. Besides it sprobably way too big. oh well. thank you for help!

Re: Uhm - I think I can I think I can

I clicked on your post to 'quote' from it just so I could see the URL. Looks like you uploaded the photo at Imagestation but not into an album...the photo doesn't have a .jpg at the end of the URL! If those photos are still in your inbox at Imagestation, click on 'create album' and then name your album, then transfer your photo(s) from the inbox to the album. Once there, it will be assigned the jpg addy and you should be able to copy it with your Control/C thing.

Got that Ralph??
    ~ "The right shoe can change your life...."- Cinderella ~

you go girl

jewel - you have officially kicked my a!#. I?m too tired tonight but will try this tomm. Thank you so much!

Originally posted by Marian
    One thing I have noticed, everyone is so danged young! I was expecting more of an age mix, but from the pics everyone looks to be in their 20's. Maybe it's just that I'm getting old now - UGH!!
    Gee, that's sweet, but definately not in my 20's.

Thanks, but I'm perfectly happy in my 30's

Leigh
    "Mommy, Can we Please, Please, Please have spinach for dinner?" DD2(age 6)

Hmm...ok stand by

wow looks like im still a moron

Re: Hmm...ok stand by

wow looks like im still a moron
    No no you're not a moron, unless I am too. I did something similar the other day.

I was able to see your picture by clicking on it and removing part of the url. To get it to show up in the thred edit you post and remove the ".thumb" from the end of the url. That should do it.

Leigh

One Last Try

Okay, I've uploaded to imagestation and will try putting the picture here now.

If it shows up - this is my whole family.
    My husband, Jaime; me(Marian):my son, Daniel; my oldest daughter, Laura; and last, but not least, Katherine.

Okay, lets see if it works.

I can see it! I can see it!!

OK, I'm trying again. I can't edit my original post b/c too much time has passed. I am the lone female, DH on the bottom left.

Jennifer

This thread is so fun.

This is a picture of a picture, so it isn't as clear as I would like.

Last edited by Molli526; 03-09-2002 at 03:27 PM.

Jewel, great idea. No one looks like I pictured but it's fun to see the real thing. Everyone does look great! I'm going to cheat and post our website since that's easier than following Ralph's, Jewel's, and everyone else's helpful instructions.

www.concentric.net/~hoyski/truman

"It is no small thing that someone so fresh from God loves us."

Charles Dickens

Ok, I am computer illiterate but I am going to try just cause this has been so much fun to look at! Please be patient with me! http://www.imagestation.com/mypictur...ption=weddingf If this works (which I will be surprised if it does!) This is our wedding picture from three and a half years ago. We have since then bth sut our hair and giane some weight but look pretty much the same.

dcornelius, is that photo in an album? I'm not seeing anything resembling the .jpg that you need in that title. Also, you have URL instead of IMG and /IMG in there. Click on properties or 'view info' and find the part that ends in jpg and you should be OK!

Nope, didn't work. You must move the picture from your inbox to an album before you can link to it.
    The url should end in .jpg

Jewel figures this site out, check some earlier pages for tips.

Leigh

Imagestation will save the image as a .jpg for you.

But, the link works.

Leigh

Originally posted by dcornelius
    I am not sure what you are talking about Jewel when you say check priorities...?
    That's click on 'properties'

And I forgot, when you right click on that photo you will not see 'properties' only 'view info' which is the same thing. Once the photo is in an album it will be assigned the gif or jpg status. Gifs take way too long to load, so save it in jpg! You may have to revise your photo and save it as a jpg before you submit it to the album at imagestation. You may want to start from scratch!

ok here we go again in jpeg

I did it! I did it! I did it! In an attempt to save space on this very large thread I went back and deleted all my previous attempts. This is so GREAT! Every one is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us all! This is from three and a half years ago. Since then we have both cut our hair and gained a few pounds but mostly look the same except we can usually be found wearing jeans instead of them more formal look!

Originally posted by Marian
    gosh, you think i look like i'm in my 20's?!?! thanks! usually, people think i'm about 15!!!!! (i'm really 25).

just wanted to say again how i love this thread! everyone looks really great, and it's so fun to put a face to all the names!
    marisa

What a great thread!

Hmmm. That didn't work. I have some wedding pics online (angelfire.com), but it just posts an ad for Angelfire when I try to cut and paste the URL here. I guess I need to move my pics elsewhere.

Everyone's photos are fantastic!

Well, I don't have any adorable children to pose with, and my adorable DH was the one who had to take the photo -- I tried to get my cats to sit still for a minute, but they weren't having any part of it.

So, here's just me -- (Hope this works):

Helene

"We reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals. Our founding fathers, faced with perils we can scarcely imagine, drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations. Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expedience's sake."
    --President Barack Obama, 1/20/09