Community Message Boards
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The ME I WANT to BE - WLS Week of April 11

Smile The ME I WANT to BE - WLS Week of April 11

good morning everyone!

I weighed in last night after being away from the scale for three weeks and I'm happy to report a 1.2 loss...not hysterically thrilled, but I'm ok with it. We all know I secretly wanted a 7 lb weight loss but hey, I'll take what I can get.

Speaking of red latex dresses Jewel, that dress is starting to be loose in some places!! I have tops a couple more months...there is nothing as unflattering as loose latex...almost like my jiggly buddha The good news is I have ebayed stuff like that before and haven't had any problem making 1/2 of what I spent which is good enough for me! My favorite thing is corsets and I used money from a short latex dress and a corset that was too big to buy a new one! YIPPIE! I don't use corset pictures for weight loss because corsets have this wonderful way of making you have the perfect hourglass figure which is deceiving but I may pop a picture on the site once I get my 5th 10% which is a little over 1 POUND away.

This week's topic is satisfaction. We spent a long time last night covering psychological as well as physical satisfaction. My problem is hardly ever physical satisfaction. Lately I have been having pity party dance over resenting not being able to indulge like others. Yesterday afternoon there was a wedding shower in my office. A huge bowl of pretzels and potato chips (big whoop), a huge bowl of mixed nuts (sigh), a nice platter of fruit and a huge cake. This cake looked fabulous. It was a white cake with strawberry filling and strawberries and cream cheese frosting and slivered almonds. The smell of cream, butter and strawberries permeated the room and I watched from my little cubicle as the office descended upon that cake oohing and aahhhing. I would love to think that they will pay at some point ...you know carrying it on the hips or something. But the truth is, most wont. I'm surrounded by size 5's, 7's and maybe an 8. There's one overweight gal in the office but that's it. I resented sitting there not being able to enjoy. I resented mentally counting points in my head and knowing it was either cake, dinner, extra working out, or not losing weight. So the topic needless to say was timely! This sort of ties into last week...taking responsibility. I'm not sure if the resentment will ever go away...I know it ebbs and flows...and I'm anxious to get back into the good feeling!

So I took out my week 1 getting started booklet and read it last night after I got home. My acting teacher used to say "first time, every time" ...the ability to do a line a thousand times and be "fresh" about it each time. I have to find my week 1 excitement...my discovery of foods to work in, my enjoyment of feeling healthy, my wanting to work the program instead of being all woe is me.

so..

FIRST TIME EVERY TIME!

I also think the trainer tomorrow will help in that excitement

Next week's goals:

making a sacrifice to the scale gods to grant me that 1+ lb loss so I can get my 5th 10%!!

fruit!
    calcium!
    motivation!
    inspiration!

JeAnne
    338.6/207.2/ONDERLAND
    "Comfy? I'm chained in a bathtub drinkin' pig's blood from a novelty mug. Doesn't rank huge in the Zagut's Guide."

- Spike, "Something Blue"

My lil site:
    http://greysangel.wordpress.com

You go JeAnne! How is the cola ban going? I think I've subconciously joined you. 1 a day!
    Peggy
    ...Wag more
    Bark less

JeAnne, I think a large part of my problem is my pity-partying because I'll "never be able to eat like everyone else". It's so hard for me to convince myself that I'm going to do this for the rest of my life and I really shouldn't have a problem with it because it's "normal" and not a bad thing. But it's so hard to watch everyone else suck down the sugar-laden stuff. That's what I want. But I'm also sick and tired of being fat. You're such an inspiration because you've done so well and continue to do so. Thanks so much for posting this thread each week. After weighing Tuesday and gaining 2 pounds I have got to find motivation somewhere--it might as well be here!

Here's to a good week!
    Elizabeth
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says...."Oh s***, she's awake!! "

Ahh the cola ban

Well I'm down to one a day during the week. I have none at work and I have one when I get home after dinner (so as not to obstruct the sparkling coolness with flavors of food )

I have replaced my coke during the day with seltzer water and that works..the bubbles help.

The weekend is very hard. I have been able to get it down to 2 but most of the time it's 3 or 4

When DH and I go out and he's doing beer, I feel the need to drink diet coke ...sort of goes down better than just plain old water!

Oh well...something is better than nothing seeing I was doing 3 or 4 cans a day

JeAnne
    "Comfy? I'm chained in a bathtub drinkin' pig's blood from a novelty mug. Doesn't rank huge in the Zagut's Guide."

My lil site:

Yay JeAnne! Awesome job.

I am right there with you on the resentment. I resent not only the people who can eat whatever they want, but the people who are at peace with their bodies, the people that just don't give a rat's a** about how they look/if other people think they are fat or thin, and especially the people who don't care about food and the people who don't have to constantly battle their mind about eating or not eating something.

This week I have been doing pretty well with my emotions about food and my body. But this weekend I am going to a shower/bachelorette weekend for my friend who is v v tiny and I am sure all the other gals involved are too (I've never met them before...my friend lives in Indianapolis). And of course I am weighing-in in a few hours. I am 99.99% sure I will have to pay, and at this moment I am OK with that...but when it actually happens, I probably won't feel the same. So we'll see.

One of my friends/co-workers is going to join today so she is coming with me. I am going to stay for the introductory part of the program...she said I don't have to wait for her, but I think it will be really good for me - FIRST TIME EVERY TIME!

stay strong all!

goals for this week:
    ultra-honest journaling
    don't be too intimitaded by tiny gals this weekend
    gym 4x
    try artichokes per jen's post on last thread!
    ann

JeAnne,

I totally sympathize with the pity party thing! I've been doing that for years and still do some, but it's getting better. Like I told Jen last week, the others may be thin, but that doesn't mean they are healthy! Many (not all - I'm not making generalizations here) of the "naturally" thin women that I know don't really take care of themselves - little or no exercise and lots of junk. You are taking good care of yourself - the health benefits of doing that far outweigh (no pun intended ) any aesthetic benefits of just "being thin". In the end, you will be ahead of the game - I really believe that!

Sometimes I just have to wonder why the taste of food is so important to us??? Why do we have this deep seated, emotional connection to food that can wreck havoc on our health and our weight? I have friends that just don't have the same all-consuming interest in food - sometimes I wish I was like that! Don't get me wrong in the end, I enjoy my love of food (it's nurturing and a great way to bring family and friends together) - I just have to learn to control it and not let it rule my life!

EEK! I must go and get my son to preschool! Thanks for providing such thought-provoking topics!

Alysha

I was really amazed this week at my meeting at the responses to the topic of satisfaction. I don't have a problem with psychological satisfaction because I eat real food. On a weekly basis, I am shocked by the people that are subsisting on diet foods that taste like crap to me....fat free cheese, Lean Cuisine meals, any number of processed foods packaged in the green boxes, meant to designate "health". Well, I maintain that the reason that I have been successful so far is that I cook almost every night. REal food...I just trim fat and calories where I can, but mostly just eat less than I used to. And I bet that most of you guys are the same way.

I try not to pontificate too much about the evils of processed foods, but I have to say that for me, at least, clean, fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, and the occasional baked treat in a portion controlled size has been the answer. Healthy Choice sausages just wouldn't have gotten me almost 25 pounds down. And the points are the same.....so I know that it is all about psychological satisfaction.

Jen

Originally posted by jphilg
    Well, I maintain that the reason that I have been successful so far is that I cook almost every night. Real food...I just trim fat and calories where I can, but mostly just eat less than I used to. And I bet that most of you guys are the same way.
    I agree with you 100% Jen. Eating real food is why this time is the last time. We know how to eat real food and live a healthy lidestyle.

I have a friend who was doing e-diets. She was doing the convience plan where you eat pre-made food aside from some fruit or salad every meal! What is she learning from that?!? Yes, I do eat a frozen meal on occasion but it is not a daily thing. I didn't eat them to lose weight either.

Hi all,

Satisfaction. This is interesting - I don't know if I have really given it a lot of thought before. I definitely notice that my ability to be satisfied by foods that are good for me is cyclical... there are times when I am totally happy with having grapefruit sections for dessert (like last night) and other times when I HAVE to have something sugary, and nothing else will do. I need to pay closer attention to my body, and determine when this happens so that I can anticipate and plan for it.

I have found that, when I do have those urges, I no longer have to devour an entire ice cream cone or three brownies in order to be satisfied. I can have just a few bites and stop. That is a good feeling!

Jen, I totally agree with you about eating "real" food. I don't understand how people imagine that they might be able to keep the weight off once they go back to eating normally. It's like the whole Slim Fast plan thing... I am sorry, I have tried those, and they are not good, plus I don't feel like I have eaten unless there was chewing involved! We are learning how to eat for life, and eating for life means learning how to include the good stuff in your everyday diet. I think that's what WW is all about - folks that are subsisting on FF cheese and Healthy Choice meals are not really learning how to work the program and make a lifestyle change.

On a different note - has anyone ever tried a Reebok Core Board class? I went to one for the first time last night - so fun! And so hard! It's like step aerobics, sort of, but the step has springs in the center so the key is to keep your balance on the board while doing the movements... really works your core muscles, from shoulders, upper and lower abs, down to your butt. Exhausting, but a ton of fun!
    We figured there was too much happiness here for just the two of us, so we figured the next logical step was to have us a critter.

- H.I. McDunnough, "Raising Arizona"
    --------------------------------------------------
    Ask me about Kelly's Kids children's clothes!

I definitely eat real food. But I also love food. I am satisfied most of the time with a small portion or making the choice to go without. But sometimes I resent not being able to have my cake and eat it too! I don't want a sliver sometimes. There are some days I want a cocktail *and* dessert. Or a steak *and* dessert...not ration it out over the course of a month!

I know I know...woe is me.

JEANNE....GET OVER IT GIRLFRIEND!

JeAnne

My lil site:

JeAnne, congratulations on the loss! And regarding that dress, didn't you say that latex shrinks with you?? If you do sell that dress on Ebay, make sure you use your photos on the auction page, just block out your head if you're shy! You make that dress sing!

Well my weigh in was a tiny bit disappointing. I lost 1 lb, but I really expected more. I made really good choices last week that I was very proud of, like when we went to our favorite Mongolian Grill over the weekend I loaded up two bowls with maybe 2 oz chicken, broccoli, carrots, celery, onions and bean sprouts, and used nearly zero oil in my sauce, but I passed on noodles and rice (hard to pass up the noodles, but I did!). I was proud of myself for that! I also ate no bread with 4 out of 7 dinners, and that was hard to do also, but I did it. I guess I just expected more at my weigh in, but I guess I'll also 'take' the 1 pound loss. That's a total of 15.5 lbs in 9 weeks, so I guess I'm on track.

The topic of satisfaction in my opinion proves just how diverse we all are! I hear some of you, especially JeAnne, talking about limiting Diet Coke consumption. That's amazing to me, because I haven't had carbonated drinks on a regular basis for over 4 years! Once in awhile I'll drink diet Root Beer in my Captain Morgans Rum & Root Beer mixed drink (don't laugh until you've tried it... ) but 99% of the time I'm drinking Iced Tea or water. Carbonated drinks make me hiccup for hours now! I used to go through a 2 liter of Diet Dr. Pepper a day, and now I rarely even touch the stuff. MY satisfaction comes from cheese. Gooey, stringy, melted cheese. Whether it's a slice of fat free American melted on a Triscuit in a microwave, or melted cheddar in my Quesadilla, or that Parmesano Reggiano in my risotto, I'm constantly having to limit myself on the cheese I put in my mouth. 1/2 cup of Parmesan in the risotto turns into nearly 1 cup unless I really hold myself back. Shredding cheese for a recipe is torture, because half the time my fingers are dipping into the shreds to munch on before I add the cheese to the dish, and so often I have to bring the block back out to shred more for the dish! Looks like we all have different degrees of satisfaction! We just have to find the degree that works for us individually I guess! So I wish JeAnne luck on her Diet Coke ban, if she will put in a vibe for me on my Cheese Limitation!

In my hypnotherapy class we can 'extinguish' a particular food. If we're trying to stay away from a particular trigger food, like cookies, chips, sugar, Diet Coke, CHEESE, or whatever, there is a tape that can help extinguish this food. Frankly, you're told to imagine it looking disgusting, smelling disgustingly like rotting fish, creepy crawlies coming out of it, etc. When you see or smell this food you're not going to instantly run for the bathroom to hurl or anything, but it helps your subconscious mind tell you that you're not interested in it. I 'extinguished' American Cheese slices about 7 weeks ago, and I honestly have noticed that I'm not grabbing slices to munch on when I open the refrigerator door anymore! I'm tempted to extinguish cheese in all forms, but I don't have the nerve...'cause I love the stuff and use it too much in recipes!

So congratulations to everyone and sorry this got so long!

205/189.5/150
    ~ "The right shoe can change your life...."- Cinderella ~

on latex: latex does shrink with you to a point. The one I already ebayed was a 3 x. I maxed it out stretch wise by fitting into it at a size 28. I wore it up to about a 16W so that's a lot of give

This dress is a more mermaid/fish taily. It's an XL and I squeezed into it at a size 18W. The pictures on the site I'm about a 14-16W. While my clothing size hasn't changed all that much (14-16M), I can slip this dress on and zip it up now without any suckage And it's loose in the lower back/waist area...I guess clothing manufacturers assume that women have no waist?

I'm not complaining! I think I'm just getting clothes fussy in my old age!

on diet coke: BELIEVE ME, there are things I covet farrrrr more than diet coke! Diet coke I think is just a habit more than anything else. It's also a non point drink that is not water! I'm not stressing about abolishing it completely..just want to get it under control a bit for caffeine's sake. Jewel..I'm all on board with the cheese Cheese and chocolate...I'm really not sure what I would do without them!

JeAnne

My lil site:

Laura - Congratulations on gettting into onederland and I hope you had a great birthday.

I'm still hanging in here but not doing so great. Stress is getting the best of me. I've been at the top of my point ranges the past two weeks which seems to be about the best I can do. I haven't been sleeping well so I just couldn't get out of bed to go to spinning this morning. So my short-term game plan is to get some Tylenol PM and purge the house of peanut butter (my favorite comfort food) and ice cream (it's healthy choice but it's still pushing me to the top of my point range).

I've done all the classic things to deal with stress - getting massages, taking time for myself, reading a book, blah blah blah.... What do you do when none of that works anymore?

p/s the hardest thing about shredding cheese is not only the stuff on your fingers..but the little crumbles that are too small for shredding and just perfect for popping in your mouth!

JeAnne

My lil site:

Susan -

That's a tough question...for me it used to be eating unfortunately..and I'm a huge worrier so I did a lot of eating! Now, I sometimes dread it but I turn to paper and pen. I can go so long without keeping a writing journal, but after awhile I start to feel the worries and stresses build up. Once I start writing again, I find that it really helps to have that release of energy and emotion.

My thoughts are with you and please take care of yourself.

JeAnne

My lil site:

Satisfaction is such an interesting topic - I too have been trying to pay attention to my various cravings and see if they're cyclical, constant, whatever. As Jewel said, it's here that we see how different we are - for example, I need something sweet every day to feel satisfied. But a gal I work with can so easily pass on the sweets that we have in our office EVERY DAY (it's become such a problem lately . . .) and she craves salty stuff like you wouldn't believe! (Whereas I can't remember the last time I ate chips or a salty snack besides crackers)

I sometimes feel sad/resentful that emotionally I LIKE to eat more than many of my friends who don't struggle with their weight. They really don't have a difficult time eating small portions of healthy food - I wonder why it is that psychologically I'm always wanting more. I guess with WW I'm "training" myself to do what is more natural to them.

Some good news: we will be eating fish once or twice a week now! I've just learned that fish fills me up really fast, and is a very good choice for me because while I like it, I don't love it, and so it's super easy to eat the right amount. If I make sure to use a low point baking method and low point sauce, I'm set!

Cheers!
    “The moment you wake up each morning, all your wishes and hopes for the day rush at you like wild animals. And the first job each morning consists in shoving it all back; in listening to that other voice, taking that other point of view, letting that other, larger, stronger, quieter life come flowing in.”
    - C. S. Lewis

Originally posted by greysangel
    p/s the hardest thing about shredding cheese is not only the stuff on your fingers..but the little crumbles that are too small for shredding and just perfect for popping in your mouth!

JeAnne
    LOL! That and the cookie/brownie crumbs or broken pieces, also the ice cream no one sees you eating straight from the carton. My mom used to say these didn't have calories.
    I do LOVE cheese also and have been cutting down on it quite a bit. Some nights I will just have cheese and <gasp> crackers and a glass of wine. I am always disappointed by how LITTLE I am actually allowed to eat though.

I was really shocked to see a new thread go up today - this week just flew by I think.

Goals for my week:
    Calcuim Daily
    Fruit and Veges Daily
    Vitamins
    Water, water, water.

Hope everyone has a healthy week!

Susan-

One thing that really works for me, is working out. I usually feel better after lifting weights especially! Sometimes. I will also crawl into bed and just lay there, sometimes I cry and I get it out. It helps having a dog there hugging you.

ps-

I am getting into Club Soda with lime (lemon if necessary). It has the bubbles without the caffeine and 0 points! It tastes so good. I just can't drink H2O when everyone else is having drinks!

This is so simple and intuitive, but the way you delineated the choices, JeAnne-"either cake, dinner, extra working out, or not losing weight"-really resonated with me. Maybe they're not the most attractive choices in the world. People like my old roommate don't have to make them because they have the metabolism of hummingbirds. But we still have a range of options, and the mere idea of that is empowering.

Last week's topic of responsibility merges so well into this week's topic of satisfaction. Because it's all about choices, right? Like for me, yesterday, it was "eat chocolate or die." I tried to throw it a curve ball by eating dinner first, but it wouldn't go away. Since fatty, salty foods are my real downfall, and sweets cravings seldom hit me, I gave in and had half a Hershey bar. Know what? At 2.5 points, it was a good choice to make. I think I've become so accustomed to thinking of certain foods as totally taboo that I've lost perspective on how portion control can make enjoying those foods possible. I enjoyed it; it was enough; and the other half of the bar went back into the freezer where it will probably remain, untouched, for another 6 months or so. It reaffirmed my belief that the Points plan works so well because it is open to the use of "real" foods.

Still hacking my lungs out from this stupid cold, so I had another monumental loss this week. But I'm feeling much better today and I think I can be back in my normal routine by this weekend. This week's loss puts me at my first 10 percent. I guess I'd be more ecstatic if I felt I had earned it by sticking to my full fitness routine, but I have to admit that achieving the loss of these past few pounds solely though diet (being too ill to exercise) feels like a counterfeit victory. I'm sure this funk is just due to the fact that I really want to get to the gym, not just out of guilt, but out of a genuine desire to get stronger and fitter. I resent becoming ill with the same stupid cold twice in two months, especially when I'm doing so much that's right for my body. I need to get over it, though, because this isn't about today, this week, or even this month, right? It's about the rest of my life, right? Okay, much better!

-Amanda

212.5/190/130ish
    "Heroes are not giant statues framed against a red sky. They are people who say: This is my community, and it's my responsibility to make it better."-Tom McCall (Oregon governor from 1967-1975)

Originally posted by greysangel
    Have you been lurking in my kitchen??? I honestly thought I was alone!

skinny friends

I totally relate to this. I have a friend coming into town with her husband this weekend - she's about 5'5 and literally is a twig - weighs around 115 or so, even tho she can eat like a pig (i'm, unfortunately at two weeks OP, still at 183...I'm 5'8). This is one of the reasons I really don't like being around her anymore (she has sometimes made hurtful statements about my single status in the past), but it's a friendship I haven't seemed to be able to shake....I never call her, visit her or send her gifts, yet she does all of the above....Anyway, I'm trying to prepare by visualizing our meals out on Friday and Saturday, but I know that being around her is going to make me feel bad about myself....just trying to make sure I don't turn to chocolate for comfort!

--Chris

CookieG I am sending good vibes your way. Can you feel them? It's not even nice for your friend (and I'm using the term loosely) to make comments about your single status. Hang in there and remember we're all thinking about you this weekend.
    Elizabeth
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says...."Oh s***, she's awake!! "

Ok ...I have to say I'm still kind of skeptical about this whole cardio vs fat zone.

HOWEVER. I was on the cross trainer for lunch first day with my little monitor and I have definitely been in cardio zone...never mind spinning and boxercise! Maybe there's hope for me yet!

JeAnne, determined to be an efficient weight loss machine!

My lil site:

On another topic of sorts, my instructor last night started our class by telling us she was back on her soapbox about our nation's obesity level. She has a new radio show in Seattle that just started last Saturday, and one of her future guests is a Cardiac Surgeon from the University of Washington, and she's been meeting with him. What she's recently learned is very scary.

He said the leading cause of death in our nation for people under the age of 25 is now car accidents. Between drunk driving, drugs, and reckless driving, our young people are killing themselves in cars with sickening consistency. He said unfortunately, those young people are where they get the majority of their organs for transplant now. He said what's even scarier is that 60% or 70% of the hearts from these young people are not viable for transplant! It's not the drugs, it's not the drinking...it's the fat. He said their hearts are so fatty they cannot be used. Because of fast food in schools, no exercise after school, and 'cowboys and indians' and 'cops and robbers' being played on a computer screen instead of outside in the fresh air, our young generation is dying. That scared the Hell out of me! :mad:

One of my classmates said that he used to sell fundraising items to schools..you know, gift wrap, books, etc. Things that the kids could sell to raise money for their class or their yearbooks. Two years ago a Junior High School principal here in Seattle told him that his school made $50,000 last year from the Coke Machine alone, so he didn't need to buy fundraising materials. $50,000 was the school's take in ONE YEAR! Imagine what the total $$ amount was?! These are Junior High kids that used to drink from water fountains, but now carry Mountain Dew into class, and the principal seemed thrilled with the increased revenue. :mad:

This class last night was an eye-opener for me. It made me so thankful that I'm changing my eating habits and my lifestyle, and it also made me a little relieved that I don't have kids. I caution all of the parents out there to really watch what their children are doing to themselves, and how the schools are helping them do it. It really does scare me to death.

Thank goodness I had just finished a cheese enchilada for lunch.

When I read Jewel's post or I'd be looking in the vending machine for a nice wheel of brie! So needless to say this is my biggest weakness.

Cookie, I find that people who make those kind of comments tend to be jealous of your situation, and I agree she doesn't sound like much of a friend.

I weighed in at lunch today (prior to the cheese enchilada) and was down 3 lbs. I maintained last week so I was pretty pleased this week, I actually was hoping for about 2 lbs.

I like this topic, satisfaction is definitely something to strive for not only with the flavor of food, but presentation and variety. Like Jen said, there is no way I could survive on frozen entrees (ok the cheese enchilada was frozen from TJ's) everyday, but in a pinch they are a great convenience. I'm so queer about presentation that when I'm eating my red. fat laughing cow cheese I use pretty cheese spreaders! But, ya know I'm enjoying it and sitting down and relaxing instead of feverishly forcing something in my mouth!

Goals
    milk
    water on weekends

210/201/130ish

Have a great week everyone!
    Last edited by Peggy C.; 04-12-2002 at 05:17 AM.
    Peggy
    ...Wag more
    Bark less

Originally posted by Jewel
    one of her future guests is a Cardiac Surgeon from the University of Washington
    WooHoo!!! My alma matter

Sorry, I know that's not at all what you were talking about - just had to get excited about good 'ole UW!

The material he is talking about is really scary - as someone who plans to start trying for children in a year or two, it is petrifying to think that even if I can provide healthy choices at home, I'll be sending them to the wolves at school.

CookieG, I really feel for you about this weekend. However, I want to reassure you that even though a lot of us are on WW to become more comfortable with our appearance (in addition to the plethora of health reasons), people who look great but don't treat others well aren't happy with themselves either. You are a beautiful person - and don't let her convince you otherwise!

The friend I was talking about (who has no food issues and a lovely figure - 5'3", about 110lbs) doesn't try to make me feel bad about myself when I am with her - in fact, quite the opposite. Her heart matches her appearance - but I sometimes feel bad in spite of her love. And that's my own heart issue that I have to deal with.

Come and check in with us over the weekend if you need a pep talk - we'll be here
    “The moment you wake up each morning, all your wishes and hopes for the day rush at you like wild animals. And the first job each morning consists in shoving it all back; in listening to that other voice, taking that other point of view, letting that other, larger, stronger, quieter life come flowing in.”
    - C. S. Lewis

Yay Peggy!

Satisfaction. It isn't usually a physical issue for me... if I really pay attention and plan well, I get to eat things I really enjoy w/o feeling shortchanged. I agree with those who've talked about "real food"... I cook every day and eat real food, and I think that's part of the reason I'm seeing some success and being able to stick with WW. My processed food sin is breakfast links from Morningstar, but I liked those before I started WW, not because they're "light".

Now, psychological satisfaction is a whole 'nother ball game. I know those feelings of resentment when friends and loved ones can eat "whatever" and stay thin. My first housemate in grad school was built like a greyhound... soooo skinny... and she just ate and ate and ate. Every day after classes she'd make up a big plate of cheese and crackers and I'd match her, cracker for cracker, because I felt "if she can, why can't I?" Guess when I started gaining my 60 extra lbs? Right now, at home, I am just cooking for me, as DF lives elsewhere. I wonder how it will be when we move back in together, 'cause he eats enormous amounts in order to maintain his weight. Will my resentment pop back up? Something I can start working on now, I guess...

I've had a cold all week and so, while I've eaten OP, I haven't been to the gym once (felt that no one would appreciate being on the treadmill next to someone who was sneezing and blowing her nose every 2 min.), but I'm going to try a light workout tonight.

Jewel, that whole "soda in the schools" thing really burns me up. There's a whole section in Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser about the invasion of schools with junk food sales and advertising that just kills me. It's a very interesting book... focuses more on the fast food industry than on "what's in the meat" (the latter tends to be the focus of most reviews).

Well, back from weigh in and I am pleased...for two reasons! One being that I lost a pound...the other being that the gal didn't charge me even though I should have been (I was 2.4 over goal - she didn't write down the .4 in the books so I could slide w/o paying).

I am going out of town for a shower/bachelorette. The bride wants to go out for fondue. YIKERS. I think I will have to sit on my hands so I don't overindulge. Cheese and chocolate?! i mean, my two favorite friends yet worst enemies!
    ann

Originally posted by amcleod
    Well, back from weigh in and I am pleased...for two reasons! One being that I lost a pound...the other being that the gal didn't charge me even though I should have been (I was 2.4 over goal - she didn't write down the .4 in the books so I could slide w/o paying).

I am going out of town for a shower/bachelorette. The bride wants to go out for fondue. YIKERS. I think I will have to sit on my hands so I don't overindulge. Cheese and chocolate?! i mean, my two favorite friends yet worst enemies!
    Yay Ann! Congrats on the pound lost!

About fondue - you just might do okay if you stick with the veggies they'll likely serve. The only fondue place I know of serves veggies you can cook or eat raw with every course. Of course, that will require HUGE amounts of discipline!

Good luck!
    - C. S. Lewis