Community Message Boards

Thread: help, what to serve with pork tenderloin

Question help, what to serve with pork tenderloin

I am having company over on Sat nite and will be serving CL cumin pork tenderloin with dried-apricot chutney. Does anyone have any suggestions for what to serve as side dishes with this?
    Thanks

I'd do something like saffron or basmati rice and maybe a roasted veggie dish.

You could serve some rice pilaf, wild rice or any of your choice, what about asparagus that are in season ? a great salad dessert and coffee?
    You could start with some drinks and light appetizers

I always enjoy a squash type thing with pork. Acorn squash roasted and boy some of that chutney sounds like it would taste good with it.......

Can I come?

Kristi

I often serve baked potato wedges when I serve pork tenderloin: wedges of Idaho potatoes that I've stirred in a bowl with a couple of tablespoons of oil that has been seasoned with some dried herbs. Then I bake them, turning once. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside.

Smile

When I have pork I just love to have rst garlic mashed potatoes Or you could rst some sweet potato wedges. I take a garlic head and cut off a small amount from the top, peel off some of the outside paper, pour a bit of olive oil, wrap in tin foil and rst @ 450 for 30 min. Cool a few min. and squeeze the pulp out into the steamed potatoes. Good luck!! hope ya all have fun.

You could try this month's garlic fry recipe with sweet potatoes. I also liked the wild rice idea with oven roasted asparagus.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I may go with the roasted asparagus and wild rice idea...........but the baked potato wedges sure sound good, too......then there's that squash thing.....decisions, decisions..........