Community Message Boards

Thread: Question about stoneware muffin pan

Question about stoneware muffin pan

I have a Pampered Chef stoneware muffin pan that I was thinking of using for the first time this weekend, to make some cupcakes. Can I put liners (paper or foil) in them? I'm sure I don't need to, but I kind of like when cupcakes are individually "wrapped."

I prefer using the paper liners for cupcakes and thats the reason I don't have the PC muffin stone pan (probably the only one I am missing). Putting the liners in defeats the purpose of baking in the stone though, I would think.

This is what the website says:

Paper liners may be used with your Stoneware however seasoning will be minimized when baking with liners.

http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_prod...productId=1016

Thanks, funnybone. DUH. I didn't even think to check the PC website.

I agree about missing the point of the stoneware when you use the liners. Maybe if I ever get around to making muffins in it (which is why I bought it in the first place!), I'll get to see how well it really does.

I was curious so I went to the site. Let us know what you do and how they turn out!!

While the lining defeats the purpose of the stoneware, it would certainly help in clean up! I have one, I've used it a couple of times to make muffins, you know those plastic thingies they give you to scrape your stonewear with - forget about using one of those in the muffin pans!

However, I used my 9x12x2 (or something like that) for enchiladas last night and it's defiantely getting well seasoned. Cheese and everything just slid right out

What kinda muffins are you making? Huh? Huh?

emily

I just bought a couple more pieces of the PC stoneware - the bar pan and deep dish pie plate. I was thinking of getting the loaf pan next. Now I am thinking I am going to have to pop for the muffin pan. I like muffins!
    http://www.pjrc.com

No matter how big or soft your bed is, you still have to get out of it.
    -Grace Slick, raucous rock diva

I've never used the liners in my muffin pan...but I don't think there would be a problem with it. That clean-up routine would probably make it easier. Well...the routine isn't tough...just getting into each of those little holes could be tough. I use parchment paper all the time on my flat stones and have never had a problem. I know parchment and muffin lines aren't the same things, but it seems like they'd be similar enough????

Question

If you don't use the liners do the cupcakes stay fresh? I can't imagine sending cupcakes to school without liners. Was this piece made for just muffins.
    On the same topic I was thinking of getting the barpan next. If you have it do you use it a lot? And for what?
    Patty

Originally posted by emily
    What kinda muffins are you making? Huh? Huh?
    I'm making cupcakes for my upstairs neighbor (as a thanks for checking in on my cat while I was in Seattle) since the pink champagne cake tanked. :mad:

I'm doing a batch of applesauce cake with cream-cheese icing, and a batch of chocolate cupcakes, either with chocolate frosting or leftover cream-cheese icing. I'm also thinking about doing some carrot cake cupcakes too -- we'll see how adventurous I'm feeling.

Originally posted by aggie94
    I'm doing a batch of applesauce cake with cream-cheese icing, and a batch of chocolate cupcakes, either with chocolate frosting or leftover cream-cheese icing. I'm also thinking about doing some carrot cake cupcakes too -- we'll see how adventurous I'm feeling.
    Can I come live with you? I am in awe of how much you bake. Oh, and if you want opinions (that you didn't solicit) I'd vote for the carrot cake ones... of course those could always wait until next weekend when someone is coming to visit

emily

I can take a hint!

No worries - there will be carrot cake cupcakes aplenty when you come to Austin next weekend. Probably even enough to send home with you for your foreign houseguest.

Tiger...I have most of the PC stoneware pieces. I have the barpan. It is literally "lily white"...I haven't used mine enough for the color to start changing!! Now...my rectangle 9x13 FLAT stone is extremely dark! That is my most-used piece...no other piece comes close!!

Now..I don't make anything that needs to be baked in a bar pan. If you do, then the bar-pan might be of better value to you.

I love that flat stone though!!

Melman,

I could have written your post! I also have a lot of the PC stoneware pieces, but my bar pan has hardly been touched. My rectangular stone, though, is beautifully seasoned! I've got to get the rest of mine looking the same. I keep using the flat stone because it's so nicely seasoned, but the others will never get that way if I don't use them.

re: PC bar pan

I use mine all the time. I roast vegetables on it, make Fries(either homemade or frozen), and I just made the Texas Sheet Cake in it the other night. It's my favorite piece after the pizza stone.

I have the muffin pan (and most of the other stoneware too). I clean it with the rough side of my sponge with NO soap in it rather than trying to get those straight scrapers in the round muffin holes!

When I only had 1 stoneware muffin pan, I ended up doing a side-by-side test with a muffin recipe that made 18 muffins. 12 in my stoneware and the other 6 in my regular tin muffin pan. They were in the oven at the same time. The stoneware muffins came out noticeably higher and lighter (less dark) than those baked in the tin pan. Now I have 2 stoneware muffin pans.

I, too, have never used my bar pan. If I'm making cookies I use my 4 pizza stones. I didn't realize that the bar pan was tall enough to make the Texas Sheet Cake.

Loren
    The term "working mother" is redundant.