Community Message Boards

Thread: Simple snacks for weeknight hostess party with margaritas

Simple snacks for weeknight hostess party with margaritas

Help! I'm having an AtHome America party at my house next Tuesday and am including margarita taste testing (two recipes) but need some simple and easy munchies to serve with the drinks. Any ideas???

chips and guacamole, salsa, maybe some queso. there was a post a few weeks ago about everyone's favorite guac recipes, all pretty easy to just throw together. that'd be easy for a week night. maybe some pinwheels?

emily

Thanks. Are pinwheels those tortilla and filling roll-up and slice thingys? I'll probably do some guacamole and chips. Even though I want to keep it simple, I also don't want it to be quite so predictable (chips and salsa, etc.) if you know what I mean.

black bean dip

I really like this recipe and can imagine it would go well with a margarita tasting...

1 can Black Beans
    1 large tomato - chopped
    1 small onion - chopped
    of a bunch cilantro - chopped (or enough to suit your taste)
    teaspoon chili paste (can find at a Chinese Market-has a rooster on it)
    8 oz Zesty Italian Dressing (enough that it is not too soupy)

I've used both regular and lite dressing and I usually double the recipe. The "scoops" chips are good with this. Have fun!

Quesadillas would be good, too.

Sounds delicious! I'll give it a try. The chili paste and italian dressing are different...must give it a little bit of a kick without using chile peppers. Thanks for the recipe.

Rick Bayless's Shrimp Ceviche! It is really yummy. You can make it ahead and put it in the frig, then just pull it out at serving time. The recipe has been posted on this BB a couple of times. Just do a search on ceviche and I am sure it will pop up.
    Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

- Phillipians 2

Black Bean and Goat Cheese Quesadillas June 2001. These are very easy, delicious and make great appetizers

Roasted-Pablano Guacamole with Garlic and Parsley from December 2001 is delicious (it's from the Mexican Cooking Lesson article with recipes by Rick Bayless).

Finally, Roasted Tomato and Green Chile Salsa (Salsa de Molcajete) from the same article is fantastic (although very spicy).

I made all three of these for my husband's birthday back in December and they were all extremely popular. Needless to say they would be fantastic with margaritas.

They are all also fairly easy and the guacamole and salsa should be done ahead of time anyway to let the flavors mingle. The party I made these for was on a weeknight and I had no trouble getting it all ready.