Community Message Boards

Thread: substitution for green peppers

Question substitution for green peppers

HI everyone.....My husband does not like the taste of green peppers, does anyone have any ideas as to what I can use in recipes that will add flavor instead of the peppers? Thanks

Mine doesn't either. Sometimes I use them any way and let him and the DD pick them out. If the recipe is Mexican, I will use the canned green chilies (they will eat those-go figure). If it is a stir-fry of other cooked veggie dish, I will just sub some other vegetable, such as carrots or mushrooms or such.

red peppers taste very different from green, so maybe your husband would like them. they can easily stand in for green peppers in most recipes!

I love your screen name. Welcome to the BB.

Val

Have you tried red, yellow or orange bell peppers? I don't care for green peppers either - too strong, or sharp, or something. But DH and I love the others - they're sweeter, and generally better tasting, IMO.

Guest Guest
    I also use red, yellow or orange peppers, but not green ones. The colorful ones taste better and I have always been happy with the results.

Another vote here for orange and yellow peppers. Sometimes I have to cut up more because I'm constatnly snitching while prepping!
    Well-behaved women seldom make history!

thanks for the help...looks like it will be red or orange peppers....
    I am really liking this site..love the magazine and web site now I get to chat with all of you wonderful cooks out there...awesome..I will learn to use that stove yet!!.