Community Message Boards
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I ask something, being new here and all?

(((((Little_Bopeep)))))

You will be in my thoughts.

(((Little_Bopeep)))

Sorry to hear that. You will be in my thoughts.

Oh Sneezles, I got you on that one, I was jesting. I've made the original Psycho chicken severals times.
    Nice answer though.
    Christie

To Littlebopeep {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Little Bo Peep, I'm soooo sorry! I don't know if you need support, but I've been thru a marriage breakup before and would be happy to be a sounding board. I know what you are going thru is so tough. I'm really sorry

Kim

i am a newbie, but a crazy poster (160 something posts in less than one month!) & i have noticed this as well.

i admitt, sometimes i get excited & start to post before doing a search (shoot me), and i have gotten responses like:

"Here's a poll on this same subject, from just a few months ago."

i don't mind them. i generally check out the links then get bummed out that i was not original on the post. but sometimes it is nice to hear fresh ideas. it is fine to point in the general direction of a link or other websites, but as long as no one is being mean!

but the one thing i have learned in the past month:
    behave & listen to gail. she told me not to make her pyshco chicken yet because it is too hot, so i am holding off until she gives me the signal that it is allright to make it...

Cool

Originally posted by sunberst
    ...but the one thing i have learned in the past month:
    behave & listen to gail...
    ...do you suppose we can get Maelynn to put that in the FAQ?

Originally posted by little_bopeep
    For example, I left my husband Sunday...am I going to be directed to a thread that happened months ago with people I don't know?

Sorry for the rant. I'm a little upset this week.
    I'm so sorry. I think tea and sympathy is in order, and maybe a rose to cheer you up:

I hope all goes well for you.
    Nothing in the history of mankind can foul things up quicker than a computer
    ......with the possible exception of tequila and handguns.
    --Anonymous

As a newbie I am always appreciative and excited for any and all info I get. I can appreciate how it can sometimes be mundane for those of you who have been here longer than me. I mean how many times CAN you post a tuna recipe and say geez can't they do a search. I have found everyone to be helpful and I don't take offense to someone sending me to a thread . On the other hand it does take a while to learn all the ins and outs of this great site.....so all you "not so new -timers" be patient with us youngesters....we'll get it together!!!
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in heels!

Heartfelt thanks and huge hugs to each and every one of my friends here on the board. It's a very tough time, yes...but it will all work out in the wash. Please keep sending me your healing vibes.

Susan
    Just another Susan

"Peggy, here I am tryin' to contain an outbreak, and you're drivin' the monkey to the airport!" Hank Hill

www.thebreastcancersite.com Click here to fund free mammograms!

Originally posted by sneezles
    It is a recipe by our Goddess and it was published in May's CL. Here is the original recipe not the erroneous one in CL:
    I didn't know the one published in CL is erroneous?! good thing I came upon this first before I tried the version in the magazine.

One question: when slashing the chicken, how deep and how wide are the slashes?

((((((little_bopeep))))))

I'm so sorry. We are here for you.
    Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Maxine

Originally posted by ChristineLiu

One question: when slashing the chicken, how deep and how wide are the slashes?

The best answer I can give to your question is just do it. If you're hung up on details or amounts, you're already working too hard. Just wield your chef knife like a dagger and don't be shy-- and when you've hacked the thing all over (forget about loosening the skin-- that's a whole different method) see that some of the goodies get into the slits. Then roast it, carve it, and dredge your meat in the carving juices.

That's it. Simple.

Talking Newby tries a search

I was reading another thread about buttercrunch lemon bars where they mentioned "Helene's Oatmeal Crust Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares". I was interested but didn't quite know how to find the recipe. THen I read this board and tried the search. THIS IS EVIL!!! I now have not one but a bunch of new, decadent, rich sounding, incredibly easy recipes, all involving chocolate and peanut butter. Now if only I had more time...I'm wondering what I have on hand to try one of the recipes. Thanks for the search help.

Originally posted by Gail
    [B] Just wield your chef knife like a dagger and don't be shy[B]
    I guess I didn't want all the juices to run out of my chicken.

I should also assume that I should leave my cleaver behind on this one, huh? Thanks Gail.

Originally posted by ChristineLiu

I guess I didn't want all the juices to run out of my chicken.

I should also assume that I should leave my cleaver behind on this one, huh? Thanks Gail.

You're scaring me

Not to worry about the juices-- unless of course, you use that cleaver...

I agree with pretty much all of what has been said about responding with links, and I do think that folks are generally trying to be helpful.

Littlebopeep, I'm sorry for the difficult time and decisions you have been facing. I hadn't been checking this thread since the first few posts since my time online has been very limited lately, but I had to see why this topic was still alive -- normally this would get a few posts and folks would move on. I'm very sorry for the reason, but it's one more example of the support, concern and compassion we share here and why newbies will learn that anything that seems short or snippy generally isn't or is followed by an apology. ((more hugs))

BTW, given my luck of late, I wouldn't dare attempt pshyco chicken!

Beth—

On the other hand, it's a great way to work off some of your frustrations.

Take that. . . and that. . . and that. . . Whew, I feel a lot better.
    Susan

So many books--So little time.