Community Message Boards
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: September pregnancy thread!

September pregnancy thread!

I guess I'll take over the duties now that Nori is a mom!

Here's a list of all of us and our due dates. Please feel free to correct me if any of the names/dates are wrong or if I've missed anyone.

Tracey - 9/8 - girl
    JoanneOR - 9/8 - girl
    Jennyanne - 9/14
    RunnerKim - 9/17
    Julia1Pin - 9/23 - girl
    Becky - 9/26- girl
    Mightyh - 9/30
    amazonmmc (Marce) - 10/12
    PJB - Early November
    Christinew - 11/8
    Cheryl - 11/12 - boy
    nealy - 11/28
    Jorgan - 11/29
    LisaP - 12/1
    Albus87 (Arta) - 1/18
    LosingIt - 2/3
    Angel - 2/11
    MelissaAS - 2/13
    Barrie - 2/23
    Susan - 3/8
    nmody (Nima) - 3/10
    Abby - 3/17
    KarenM - 3/22
    AmyJane - 4/4
    Akairo (Tamara) - 4/12

Hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend!

Barrie
    Last edited by Barrie; 09-02-2002 at 11:45 AM.

Barrie - Thanks for doing that.

I can't believe I'm at the top of the list now. I remember being one of the last ones.

Nothing monumental to report. I'm ready for Abigail to come out. I'm hot, tired and I can't get my rings off But overall I've had an easy pregnancy (knock on wood).

Hope everyone else is doing well this holiday weekend.

Hello,
    I am new to this thread but have had many suggestions to check it out. My due date is Feb. 11 & things are just moving along. I have been very nervous but I am now starting to relax.

I really have enjoyed reading everyones expierences & advice

Welcome Angel! I added you in to our due date list above. Wow - seven babies due this month!

Yippeee

I'm so happy to be joining this thread!! Let me introduce myself...

I am 35 (and DH is 32) and we've been married for 8 years (and together for 11). I've been on this board for a little more than a year, but I haven't been on much this summer because it's been so busy. This is our first child and I am now almost 10 weeks along -- my due date is April 4.

I've been lurking for the past month or so, but I was too superstitious to post really early. In fact, I still haven't told most of my family or our friends. I want to wait until my 12 week appt. when we can hear the heartbeat -- at that point I think I'll feel a little more confident about telling the world.

I had my first appt. last Thursday and it was pretty anticlimatic. I was really hoping that we might be able to hear the heartbeat or that I would get a little more confirmation of my pregnancy, but all they did was take blood (and lots of it), give me some pamphlets, and send me on my way.

Angel - I read your post about being concerned about lack of symptoms and I can relate. I, too, have been really nervous because I feel so good. I haven't had any morning sickness, or food cravings, or food aversions, and I haven't really been any more tired than usual. It helps ALOT to hear others say that they also had really easy pregnancies and that everything turned out fine. I am starting to feel a little more confident, but I know I'll feel much better once I actually hear the heartbeat.

I'm so happy that I have you all to talk to whenever I'm excited, or nervous, or just curious about something. After reading your posts for the last month I already feel like I know some of you and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone better during the coming months.

Tracey

Welcome Angel & Tracey!!!

Tracey - I've had a really good pregnancy. I did have some decent fatigue during the first tri-mester but it didn't hit right away. My morning sickness was very mild - just a little nausea and certain points during the day. A few other complaints along the way but mostly not too bad. Now that I'm in my last couple of weeks though I'm rather uncomfortable - but it's still not as horrible as I know many women experience. So don't worry - you don't have to be miserable.

Put the finishing touches on the baby's room this weekend. Couldn't get to sleep one night so made DH stay up too and hang a couple of things on the walls etc. I just love sitting in the room.

Barrie - thanks for keeping the list updated. Like Julia - I can't believe I'm at the top now!

Mightyh - thanks for sharing your pre-labor situation with your first. I suppose it's all up in the air anyway - just have to wait and see when baby decides to come! I'm a "planner" by nature and this just wait and see is tough!

Wonder if we'll hear from Joanne or if her little girl decided to come yet????

Kim

Welcome Tracey! When I had my last dr. appointment a couple weeks ago, they told me that you can't hear the heartbeat until 10 weeks - that's probably why you didn't get to hear it at your appointment last week. I too wondered why we didn't get to hear it at my first appointment (I was only 9-1/2 weeks at the time) but didn't think to ask then. It definitely gives you something to look forward to at your 12-week appointment!

I don't know about all of you, but I am so very encouraged by how many older moms-to-be there are on the board. Sometimes I feel ancient compared to all the early 20-something moms posting on the other pregnancy boards, then I come back here and really feel like I belong.

We do seem to be a more mature bunch here than on some of the other BB's that I've looked at.

Today, I had my 30 week check-up. It took a long time as a woman came in not sure if she was in labor or not. They bumped her up to the beginning of the day and monitored her. I gained about 3/4 of a pound so they are happy about that. My anemia seems to be better since I've started taking iron pills. I'm now borderline anemic. Personally, I think it might be due to all the red meat I ate over the weekend.

I am measuring little. For those of you that don't know, at 28 weeks, they start measuring your belly to determine growth of the baby. I haven't gained any measurement since that point so I have to go for an ultrasound although they say not to worry. I look forward to seeing the baby again. We haven't seen him for several weeks.

DH joined me at today's appointment to talk about circumsion. Frankly, I told him this was his responsibility as I don't have the body part that we are talking about. Actually, I've never seen an uncircumsized man before, so I really don't have a good concept of what this is about. We've decided to circumsize, but would like the baby to be given a local pain killer. This has to be a special request.

I ordered my cord blood collection kit today. I really had a tough time making the decision on whether we should spend the money or not. I did do a lot of research on the different companies and chose Cryo-Cell. They have been in business since 1989 and have the lowest feels. They also let you lock in on pricing for the life of the child.

I gotta run, the flooring guy just pulled in.

Welcome to the new people. I hope everything continues to go well for everyone.

Cheryl

I'm still here. I'm doing fine, just very bored and tired!!! I've been having a real hard time sleeping at night. I'm usually up for a couple hours at a time in the middle of the night. Only a couple more days (Friday) till I am induced. I'm getting nervous about the whole labor thing, even though I've done it before, each one can be different. My doctor said the baby is posterior, which means she is facing up. I guess this makes delivery more difficult and usually means more back labor. I have an appointment this evening (my last one before giving birth, yea!!) so hopefully she will have turned. Of course, I'm also nervous about what will happen when she born with her heart condition. At least the cardiologist is back from vacation this week, so that makes me feel better.

Cheryl, good luck with your ultrasound. It'll be fun to see the baby again. I measured small a couple times around the stage you are at, but the doctor said it could just be the position the baby is in at the time.

I'll probably check in before Friday, unless something happens before then!

Joanne - hopefully she has turned. I can't believe after having to do all the bed rest and meds to stop labor you're still pregnant! Something to ask about in case you are faced with the back labor - my birth prep class instructor mentioned something relatively new that really helps with back labor. You're injected at 2 spots in your back with water - it's done at the same time by 2 nurses. It stings (really bad) but only for 30 seconds and then it suppose to really relieve the pain of back labor of about 90 minutes, I think. Perhaps worth seeing if you're hospital does this. I haven't ever heard of it outside of this class.

Kim

Hi, it's nice to see everyone here.

Thank you for all your concerns. I was wondering when I could post my update while lying on the bed at the hospital. I left pretty scary posting. I'm glad Lisa noticed and called me and updated you all.

What happened was, I had placenta abruption. I bled a lot, and it made me so nervous. My doctor offered me 2 options....1) Stay in hospital until bleeding completely stops, then go home, bed rest, and wait till natural labor happens. 2)Do amnio test, see if baby is mature enough to come out, and it he is, we can induce him.

We had a hard time deciding what to do. Each had certain risk....1), they told me that there is 50% chance of second bleeding, and usually it's more than the first time. And if the bleeding is massive, it could be fatal to baby and me. 2), Of course, I was nervous sticking a needle on my tummy at this point...If they stuck the needle on umbilical cord, they'd have to do emergency c-section. And also there's always a chance that the baby is not mature enough....after you go through all the trouble testing, and in that case, they won't induce the baby.

After a lot of thinking, we decided to do a test and induce the baby. I was pretty much "wait until real labor" mode, until I hear that the chance of second bleeding is 50%. Now that's pretty high. So Wednesday night, they started putting medication on me, and plan was it'll soften my uterus and help dilating over night. Then, go full-swing in the morning. But I started bleeding again in early morning. They stopped inducing for a while, then tried again but I couldn't go without heavy bleeding. So Thursday evening, they decided to go ahead and do c-section. At that point, I was so glad they decided to do it, I felt like "whatever to make this end NOW". I had epidural that afternoon, so they could use it for C/S. I was hooked up on catheter, IV, monitor, epidural, oxygen mask, blood pressure monitor, it was pretty uncomfortable. :mad:

The procedure went well. DH was with me, holding my hand. When I heard Noah's cry, I was so overwhelmed. It was great to see him. He was 6 pounds, 20 inches and everything was fine with him, so he could come home with me on Sunday.

Since then, it's been so exciting...I've been breastfeeding and seems like I started producing milk yesterday. I enjoy it so much, and I don't mind getting up for him at night (yet ). Suppose all the bathroom trips I made past 8 months had the reason.

Well I gotta go now. Noah is sleeping now, but due for next feeding anytime. Just a quick update, and thank you all for those nice posting. I printed them out, planning to put on baby book.

Good luck to all of you! It's so worth it!

I'll be back when things are a little bit more settled down.

Thumbs up

Thanks for the update, Nori!! I have been checking this thread regularly since I saw that you had the baby, because I wanted to see how things went! Congratulations to you and your DH. Enjoy little Noah!

Val

I'm so happy that both you and Noah are doing well!! I've been reading your story for the past month and was - like everyone else - concerned when you didn't check back in after the bleeding. The whole thing sounds really scary, but now it's over and you have a beautiful baby boy to show for it. Congratulations!!

Tracey

Oh, I'm so glad for you, Nori! We were all so worried! I guess it is all worth it now having little Noah in your arms!
    Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.

-Grandma Moses

Nori, Thank goodness you went ahead to the hospital to be checked out. Wow, you and DH must have been very frightened to be confronted with this situation. I'm glad you and Noah are doing well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery after your C-section. Please don't try to do too much too soon and get your rest.

Joanne, I'm so shocked you haven't had that baby yet. I know you are probably getting tired of hearing that from people. I'm just surprised after the bed rest and medication. I guess your baby girl has just determined it to be comfortable in there. Good luck on getting her to turn around. I have heard that they can flip backward even in labor.

Let me give a more appropriate welcome to Tracey and Angel. Hearing the heartbeat and seeing the little peanut on the ultrasound is what made me truely believe that I was pregnant. At the first ultrasound I was amazed at seeing the baby and all I could say was "that's my baby". I think the ultrasoud tech got a little kick out of me. Please take care of yourselves during your first trimester. For me, that was a difficult time as I had a lot of fatigue and morning sickness.

I'm so excited. All the upstairs of my house is now painted with the exception of the baseboards. The flooring guy came yesterday and dropped off the raw lumber for the hardwood floors. They should start installing on Saturday. It looks like my upstairs will be pretty much ready to move into by September 14. I can't wait. I really want to begin nesting. I'm heading off to Babies r Us today to start picking out things.

Cheryl

Nori, I'm so glad everything is okay, but I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. It's so hard to try to make the "right" decision, but it sounds like it went okay. At least that part is all done with! Congratulations!!! I'm glad the breastfeeding is going well, too. People act like it's such a "natural" thing, however, it doesn't always work out that way. Well, back to my 2 little noise makers. Casey is lying on top of Brenden (who was sleeping) giving him kisses.

Wow Nori - what an experience! I'm glad it out turned out okay. What agonizing decisions. It's so nice to hear a good breastfeeding experience. Enjoy Noah!

Kim

Nori, how scary. I'm so glad to hear you and Noah are doing fine despite what must have been such a traumatic thing to go through. To reiterate what MrsReber said, at least it's behind you now, and you can enjoy being home with your baby! Let us know how you're doing once things settle down a bit.

Nori, what a scary experience! Thankfully everything turned out well. It's great that he was able to come home with you and is doing so well.

I agree; I definitely didn't expect to be pregnant at this point either! I've been so impatient for her to arrive since I stopped the medication, but actually, I haven't even reached my due date yet. So, I guess I should be more patient. Less than 48 hours till I'm induced though. I'm getting nervous!

I thought something might be happening this morning, but it turned out to be a false alarm. I had a bit of bleeding which happened before I started labor with my last son. Sometimes it can be from the cervix dilating. But actually it has stopped and I think it was probably just from my exam yesterday. I went from a whopping 1 cm dilated last week to 1 1/2 last night! Last week he said the baby's head was very low and last night he said it was up high. She is definitely stubborn! And still facing up.

Kim, thanks for the info on the water injections. I'll ask about them if I have the back labor. Although I'll be asking for my epidural as soon as I check in!

So good to hear from you, Nori! Your story sounds scary, but exciting--and well-worth it all in the end. Glad you are enjoying every bit of being a mom so far. I love the name Noah--that is DS's name

Hang in there, Joanne... Anytime now, right? That is what I am starting to think (hope ) I feel like the baby's head is swinging between my legs with every step today. I have managed to keep up my gym outings, though they are significantly lower intensity... and I keep worrying my water will break while I am on the treadmill, elliptical machine, etc

No news to report, really. My doctor is out of town until next Monday and felt I was OK to skip a weekly appointment--which I was intially glad about cause I hate all the appointments at the end. But now I am antsy to hear some news, any news. I am putting off packing my bag for some reason which I really should buckle down and do soon just to be organized. I feel like if I do, though, it will jinx me and make me go overdue!

I'm still having lots of trouble sleeping--like most of you in the third trimester, it sounds, I sleep for a short time and then wake up very uncomfortable and can't get back to sleep for a while. And almost every time I try to flip over at night, I strain my round ligaments and scream so I wake DH up

Cheryl, I am so impressed that you have done so much work on your house throughout the pregnancy. I am sure it will be wonderful to have everything fresh and new when the baby arrives!

Welcome to the new moms-to-be on the thread and hopefully we aren't scaring you off.

Keep us posted with any news news, as the babies start arriving. Best of luck to you, Joanne, if I don't post before Friday!

Nori,

Congratulations from a lurker who has been on vacation. Glad to hear you and Noah are happy and healthy!

I knew I would come back from vacation to news that at least one of the September crowd had delivered but I thought it would be JoanneOR.

My, it's been busy since this September thread was started! Barrie, thanks for recapping all the due dates!

Welcome Angel and Tracey67! Tracey, we have the same due date of 4/4! But of course they say the baby could arrive 2 weeks early or 2 weeks late. I'm 38 and one of the older first-time moms here. I also look forward to hearing the heartbeat when it's time. My pregnancy has been okay except for the headaches and fatigue.

Nori, so good to hear from you! Glad you made it through the scary delivery and made the right decisions. I admire your courage! You are blessed to have such healthy Noah, and I'm glad to hear it is definitely worth it. Enjoy the breastfeeding and bonding time!

I'm thinking good thoughts for all you Sept. moms to be! I hope your last weeks and days go extremely smoothly. Joanne, hang in there!

MrsReber, it's good to hear from you. You sound happy with your two little ones, and it's great that Brenden just adores Casey.
    Amy

Nori, I'm sorry you had to join the ranks of the c-section crowd (me). Apparently, I'm the first on the new moms thread to go that route. I actually got a kick out of the catheter! I was just fascinated by it--good thing, too, **** thing was in and out of me 4 times over the course of my stay. The actual surgery was just bizarre. Anyway, if you feel the need to dish about any of the gory details, feel free to PM me. That way we won't be scaring anyone!

Erin

Wink New mom checking in again...

Thanks everyone! Noah is taking a nap right now, so I can use my both hands to type....

Cheryl, I had Noah circumcized yesterday. Oh it was so hard for me to watch him cry and scream. I just hold his hand and looking at his face. Doctor said it shouldn't be so painful for him, since they gave him a shot (on penis) to numb the area. But still.... We didn't particuraly discuss about this beforehand. Somehow we just thought that's the way it should be....well same as his dad. I've also heard that it's easier to keep that area clean if it's circumcized.

Joanne, I didn't think I'd beat you. Hang in there, the end is near! I understand your feeling about cardiologist back from vacation...my doctor is on vacation at this time and she could take care of everything before she left. It was a relief to us to work with someone who know about our situation well.

Congratulations to all newcomers!!! This is a great place to get some advices or encouragement.

Hope everyone's pregnancy will go well at the end.

Joanne - I hope you have an easy, painless labor and, most importantly, a healthy daughter. Best of luck tomorrow and let us know how everyone is doing as soon as you're able!

Joanne -

May you have a quick, easy and painless delivery tomorrow!

Nori, good to hear that everything has turned out well for you and Noah. Congratulations!

Joanne -- good luck tomorrow! Sending lots of good healthy vibes to you and your daughter

To everyone nearing their due dates -- hang in there! I've still got a little over a month to go and am really starting to feel tired.

Question for all you experienced moms -- can you recall how long it was between when the baby "dropped" and when you went into labour? Baby dropped late last week (at least, I think baby dropped) and I'm wondering whether I can expect an early arrival. I wouldn't ask, except my right hip doesn't seem to want to stay in its socket anymore.....!

Welcome too to all the new ladies -- I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I can tell you, this is a great group!

Marce

Marce, I am just a lurker here as I am well past having kids (I have two, ages 13 and 10) but I wanted to say that if this is your first, the baby will often drop 3-4 weeks before delivery. Of course, that like so many other things with delivery, is only part of the puzzle and I am sure you will find many other women on this board where the timeframe was much closer.

Joanne- Sending good, healthy delivery vibes your way!!

Nori- It's great to see you checking in and seeming so together and well, normal (please don't take that the wrong way). I have some fears about somehow turning into a totally different person after delivery (don't ask...I guess it's the woman/wife to mother transition thing).

Not much is new here. I started a yoga class last week (not prenatal but good) and I'm surprised how awkward I feel in my body already (first pregnancy, 17w5d). Maybe it's just that I'm not used to yoga but I just want to feel like myself, still somehow. Counting down to my first u/s next Friday, I'm really looking forward to it. Also a bit anxious for my AFP/Quad results which should be coming back soon. We did get some good news- our puppy doesn't have an intestinal parasite that could have been passed on to humans (!) and he's healthy again for now.

Happy Friday everyone- enjoy the weekend.
    Melissa

Joanne - sending good thoughts your way today for an easy delivery.

AmyJane - I did notice that you and I are the exact same day. I'm looking forward to sharing notes since we'll be on the exact same schedule (and both of us with our first!)! I also have to say that I was soooo jealous when I read that you had an U/S and saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks. My first appt. wasn't until 9 weeks and, after reading your post, I was so looking forward to hearing the heartbeat. Imagine my disappointment when not only did I NOT get to hear the heartbeat, but I didn't even meet with a doctor. Oh well...guess I'll just have to wait a couple more weeks for that big appointment.

And I have just a little beef to share and ask about... Why is it that right after I tell someone I'm pregnant (and I really haven't told too many people just yet) - and I also tell them how nervous I've been that I haven't really had any symptoms, that they go and tell me about someone they know who had a miscarriage (at usually whatever week I happen to be at). I mean, maybe this is their way of saying that I'm right in not sharing with too many people just yet, but really folks, do I need any more anxiety than I already have? Have any of you experienced this? What compels these people to do this?

Tracey