I had been wanting to make this for a long, long time, and finally got around to it yesterday. This was really good. A definite keeper. I'll probably modify it a little though - more garlic and more ginger, maybe more of the aromatic spices (although I wouldn't up the red pepper - it was plenty spicy). But I always have my husband rate new dishes on the 1 to 10 scale so I know whether he really likes it or not ("mmm, it's good" doesn't mean anything to me!). He (we) gave it a 7.5 out of 10, and it think it could be an 8 or a 9 if I played with the spices a little! Anyhow, it made a lot, so he had lunch for today and I froze a big tub of it for later, too. I put it over basmati rice instead of the noodles. Oh, and mine was really thin, so I thickened it with cornstarch and it came out beautifully.

Let me know if anyone wants the recipe...

Grace

PS I neglegted to mention that I really trimmed a LOT of fat from the meat, and I made this in the pressure cooker - it was done in 30 minutes, not 2 hours! And the meat was tender and shredded easily. So if you have a pressure cooker, I'd say use it if you don't have 3 hours to prepare this dish (1/2 hour prep, 1/2 hour cooking on top of the stove, 2 hours in the oven!)

[This message has been edited by Grace (edited 12-01-2000).]