Community Message Boards

Thread: Mastercook Book Covers

Mastercook Book Covers

Surfing the web today and found this neat site. A site that has vintage prints but you can save them to your hard drive and insert them as book covers for your cookbooks in Mastercook.

Here is what you do:
    Open link and find print that you like; right click; save picture to a file in your "C" drive, such as, My Documents; remember the name of file (for personal use you can rename the file, such as, Vintage Cocoa); Open Mastercook; Click on Cookbooks; with your arrow on the cookbook that you want to download cover picture to, right click; click "customize"; Customize Book box will open; click "cover"; click Browse (Insert cover art) and find where you saved your file name; click that file name; open; click apply; click done. These instructions look long, just like a long recipe, but easy once you get the hang of it. Make sure that when you have "Customize Book" box open that "Center To Fit" is depressed.

http://www.vintage-prints-and-posters.com/c7002.htm

Have Fun!

Those look beautiful. Where did you get the idea to use them as Mastercook covers? I actually have all my mastercook cookbooks listed in text format rather than in picture format because more of them fit on one page that way. But those pictures tempt me to list them as images instead of text.

It worked!

I found a very pretty Sunset picture that I liked, followed your instructions, and it worked!!
    Leisa

Originally posted by valchemist
    Those look beautiful. Where did you get the idea to use them as Mastercook covers? I actually have all my mastercook cookbooks listed in text format rather than in picture format because more of them fit on one page that way. But those pictures tempt me to list them as images instead of text.
    Val...I guess its because I knew no other way. All my cookbooks have some short of picture and when I get bored with one I sometimes change.

at the top of the page where you have all your cookbooks, there is a tab for "book" and a tab for "title." I view them by title. If you view them by book, you get the pictures.

Originally posted by valchemist
    at the top of the page where you have all your cookbooks, there is a tab for "book" and a tab for "title." I view them by title. If you view them by book, you get the pictures.
    Yep...you got it girl! You will have just a plain book cover but as you now know you can change and customize. Have fun picking out pics. If I come across any others that can be used, I will post.

Here is a ecard site but the pictures can be used for bookcovers.

http://www.galison.com/store/ecard/ECardAll.cfm

This site is one of the moderators, Kit, from the original Mastercook help site. If you click on Covers which will bring you to another screen; scroll way down and find MC5/6 Cover Art, there will be other links to find Cover Art for your cookbooks. She has updated her site with all these goodies. I haven't been there for quite some time. She also has a forum setup for Mastercook Help.

http://home.earthlink.net/~kitpath/
    Last edited by Mamasue; 10-10-2002 at 04:49 PM.

bumping up