Community Message Boards

Thread: 1940s House on PBS Tonight

1940s House on PBS Tonight

Some of you I know watched the Frontier House, and maybe even the 1900s House, because I remember discussing them on this BB. I watched them both and loved them! I thought they were fascinating. Tonight is the US premiere of the 1940s House, which features a British family re-enacting what it was like to live through the Blitz. Our local station has it scheduled from 8-11 pm. Check your local listings!
    Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. --Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book

Vacuuming in high heels

Thanks for the reminder, I would have missed it and been mad!

Thanks! I liked Frontier House too - actually I believe it's being re-broadcast one night a week here again. I was able to catch the beginning that I missed before.
    So, a 1940's british family living through the Blitz. I know I'll miss the beginning at least tonight; gone and taping another channel. Would you mind reminding me about "the Blitz?" I'm guessing something to do with WWII.
    Katie

Thanks, I wanted to watch this. I would have missed this if you didn't post this message. I watched the 1900's and Frontier House and loved both.

Thanks for the head's up. I've got this programmed on the VCR now.

BTW - did anyone see the Iron Age series? A group went back to live in the Iron Age. I personally didn't care for this particular series, mainly because I felt they focused WAY too much on the friction between 2 in the group, and not nearly enough on what they had to do.
    Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.

--Helen Keller

Originally posted by brykate
    Would you mind reminding me about "the Blitz?" I'm guessing something to do with WWII.
    Katie
    London suffered some pretty heavy bombing during WWII, so I guess they are trying to recreate those circumstances.

Thanks for the heads up, I do want to watch this! I am curious to see how it will all work.
    Erin

"Eating peanut butter is a sacred act, not to be defiled by pork or its substitutes."

-generic

New favorite bumper sticker: "Go Green. Recycle Yourself. Become an Organ and Tissue Donor."