Community Message Boards

Thread: copy kat Donatos pizza recipe?

Question copy kat Donatos pizza recipe?

Ok, This is probably(most likely) crazy, but Donatos is my favorite pizza to order out. I make my own dough recipe and do homemade pizza that is great - but I don't have anything like what Donato's serves. And I mean their sauce and everything if possible (yea, right! )

I was discussing this with a friend today and I was telling her about copykat.com but they don't have any Donatos on there.

Is there anyone who has a recipe for the crust (and the sauce???) to make a similar pizza to Donatos? This is such a far reach, but you never know until you try, right?!

Thanks,
    Jeanne

We don't have Donato's in Texas and I couldn't find a recipe using Google, but I do have this link for you. Maybe you could look at some of these recipes?

http://www.ghgcorp.com/coyej/links.htm#RECIPES

OOOOohhhhh, I miss DOnatos sooo much1 My mom ALWAYS has it when we go home!!!!!
    ~Kim~

Nashville Restaurant Examiner - check out my page
    Check out my blog: Zen Kitchen http://onehotkitchen-kim.blogspot.com/

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    Dave Barry

Thanks guys for the suggestions and support! I checked out all the lists you gave me the link to Claire and maybe the thin one would work? I'll research this weekend. And Kim, I KNOW, I LOVE this pizza. Kinda scarry, b/c I should not allow it in my home, I eat wayyyyy too much!

I'll keep looking. Maybe go into Donato's and bribe one of the workers for some tips or secrets!!!!