Community Message Boards

Thread: Year End Happy Thread

Year End Happy Thread

I wanted to wrap up the year on a happy note. It's been a roller coaster year, can't wait to see what happens next year!

I'm happy that this past semester of he** is over, and I got out with 2 A's and 2 C+'s - thank goodness. The boys are healthy, and dh is still the loving, funny, caring, and general all around stand up guy he always is. That he puts up with me, my moods, my whims, and writes the checks with a smile is a wonder that I can never get over

The loss of my dog sent me spinning, but meeting my friends from this BB really helped, then getting two new doggies to love finished the job. I feel healed.

Happy New Year Everyone!!! Who else is Happy!???!!????

hugs,

Debie
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Debie, I'm glad you feel healed after losing Dolittle. You have a great outlook!

I'm thankful that my Dad's health seems to be improving.

I'm very thankful for a DH= who also puts up with me my moods and quirkiness, not to mention all of my horrible habits!

For a large family that has the ability to pull together when possible and friends that never need pulling together, because they are always there, virtually and IRL.

...and the pooch!
    Peggy
    ...Wag more
    Bark less

I am thankful for my wonderful DH. He is so caring, loving and makes me laugh.

I am happy for the job I got in August, I didn't know I could be happy like this. I am also thankful for the job DH got this month (December).

I am happy that we are almost out of financial purgatory.

I am happy we are heathly.

I am happy for my wonderful family, even the ILs.

I am happy to have a place like this to talk about cooking etc

Last but not least, my baby dog Max

Molli, I didn't know that you had a Max as well!!! One of my "twins" is named Max!! What kind of love-pup do you have??

Debie

Max is a black and tan dachshund. He is about 15 pounds and all of it is pure love!

Ohmigosh - where IS everyone? Is no one else happy?????

I'm happy, I'm just one of those geeks that finds pleasure in simple things, if I'm laughing it's a good day in my world. I feel so blessed that my family is healthy and thriving So as my grandfather used to say "Hells bells let the New Year ring"

Happy New Year
    The most important human endeavor is the striving for morality in our actions. Our inner balance, and even our very existence depends on it. Only morality in our actions can give beauty and dignity to our lives

-Albert Einstein-

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO EVERYONE

I am happy that my family and friends are all happy and helthy.

I am happy to have a job that I love and to have co-workers that I enjoy every day with.

I am happy that DH and I are seeing the light at the end of the financial black hole!!

I am happy for the roof over my head and the abundance of food my family has.

I am also very happy that I have "met" such wonderful people here.
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in heels!

North of the ocean, South of the Freeway, Mississippi Gulf Coast
    It's kind of a tiny thing, but I finally started reading JRR Tolkien's books today. For some reason I could never get past the opening lines of The Hobbit, or whatever sort of 'cuteness' (Bleargh!) I thought I saw in it. I was determined, however, since I've really enjoyed the first two LOTR films, and am currently about half way through the book. (Rainy days ARE good for some things that don't involve getting wet, lol!)

Just think: I've managed to find a 'new' author, who's written a good many books. Yay!

If you haven't seen the film of The Two Towers, by all means, GO!
    Anna
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A fruit is a vegetable with looks and money.
    Plus, if you let fruit rot, it turns into wine,
    something Brussels sprouts never do.
    P. J. O'Rourke, humorist
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by Molli526

Last but not least, my baby dog Max
    I have a Max the cat, who is so un "cat-like" you would think he is a dog.
    Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in heels!

I'm happy for my family and that we are all healthy. I'm glad that I have a loving DH and that we have worked through the tough times and are still together (it'll be 12 years in April). I'm happy that my life is filled with friends - both on this board and "face to face" and I'm happy that all of my four legged kids have survived another year with me. I'm happy that I now live within an hour of my Mom and that I'm able to spend more time with her. And, last but not least, I'm glad that I am able to see the many, many ways that my life is blessed and that I have stopped concentrating on what I don't have.

Happy New Year, Everyone!!!

It's the first day of 2003 and I'm happy for:

- a wonderful DH who is so loving and giving to everyone, strangers included
    - DS and DD who are talented, kind, and know right from wrong
    - a supportive extended family
    - a comfortable home
    - my church community
    - my on-line community

I hope you all have a great year!!
    Positive emotion trumps negative emotion every time. - Inception

I'm happy for..

MY DH who almost always calls on the way home from work to see if I need him to pick something up, plays with or girls, and accepts my cooking and decorating efforts. (my kitchen is currently being repainted)

DD1, who turns 5 on saturday. She's smart, sweet, and compassionate

DD2, who's just a ham! She cracks us up several times a day. Tonight she was running around the house nekked, saying "nekked, nekked, nekked!"

My kitties. The old man, and the monster kitty.

That my dad is happy with his new wife . His name is Bob and I got him a Talking Wendy. He's having way too much fun with my gag Christmas gift.

That we are paying decent amounts on the loan we took out for DH's MCSE Classes. He's passed 5 tests. YEAH!!

That our extended families are all doing well.

My BB friends!

Leigh
    "Mommy, Can we Please, Please, Please have spinach for dinner?" DD2(age 6)

I'm happy for the two best two-legged parents in the whole world!!!

*drool*
    Woof!
    Otis

*Ahem!* Otis - isn't it past a certain canine's bedtime?
    I will agree that you have great parents, though!

Happy New Year!

I am happy that 2002 is over.

I am happy to have a wonderful DH.

I am happy to have two adorable kitties.

I am happy to have a new job that starts next week that I think is going to be a very good fit.

I am happy to be healthy and have a healthy family.

I am so happy that DH and I have been talking about and planning on children (not until 2004 though).

I am happy to have a place like this BB to share with and learn from.

Originally posted by KathrynY
    *Ahem!* Otis - isn't it past a certain canine's bedtime?
    I will agree that you have great parents, though!
    I could have sworn he was asleep beside me at that time last night! He is tricky!

thanks Kathryn!
    Peggy
    ...Wag more
    Bark less

I am very blessed and thankful for a lot of things,
    One of which is ALL OF YOU!

Joyce

This is a good thread to put everything in perspective after a lot of things this past year.

I am thankful/happy for a wonderful DH who continues to get cuter!

Thankful for the cutest darn dog who sleeps beside me every night.

Thankful for a new house that we both love, wonderful neighbors and my brother who lives down the street - who did wonderful things for us this year.

Thankful both of our families are doing well even with DH's great grandfather not doing well right now - he is at least surrounded by love.

I think we are starting this year off to a good start, we spent NYEve with all of our close friends, we are debt free (not counting mortgage and student loans) and we have several wonderful vacations planned this year!

A Happy New Years to all of you!
    "...having dogs forces us to keep living in places that are right for us. And I think of all the things I might have given up had my dogs not shown me what was important in my life: fresh air, a garden, an eleven-thousand foot mountain in my backyard." - Pam Houston "The Bad Dogs of Park City"

www.peaceiswise.blogspot.com

I am happy to be married to such a terrific DH, who tells me every day how much he loves me.

I am happy that I have my health and my family is (mostly) healthy.

I am happy about our best Christmas present--DH's sister and her DH are expecting a baby this summer

I am happy DH has a job and my business is profitable and growing.

I am happy to be part of this BB, where I've found friends, information, insight and support.
    For you to be here now, trillions of drifting atoms had somehow to assemble in an intricate and intriguingly obliging manner to create you. It's an arrangement so specialized and particular that it has never been tried before and will only exist this once.

--Bill Bryson, "A Short History of Nearly Everything"