Does anyone have the recipe for Baked Egg Rolls??? I cannot find it and I have searched through all of my magazines. I made these just a few weeks ago and now I don't know where the recipe is. TIA!
Is this the one?
Baked Egg Rolls
Recipe By :Cooking Light Magazine. March 2001. Page: 154.
Serving Size : 14 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Appetizers Main Dishes
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2/3 cup chopped celery
2/3 cup chopped carrot
2 cups shredded cabbage
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
2/3 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
1 garlic clove -- minced
1/2 pound ground turkey
1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
14 egg roll wrappers
1 large egg white
3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
6 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1/3 cup sliced green onions -- thinly sliced (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine celery and carrot in food processor, and pulse 10 times or until finely chopped.
3. Combine celery mixture and cabbage in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; vent. Microwave at high 5 minutes; drain.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, and garlic; saute 2 minutes. Add turkey; cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cabbage mixture, 1-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce, and pepper. Cover and chill 15 minutes.
5. Place 1 egg roll wrapper at a time onto work surface with 1 corner pointing toward you (wrapper should look like a diamond). Trim 1 inch off right and left corners of wrapper. Spoon 3 tablespoons turkey filling into center of wrapper. Fold lower corner of egg roll wrapper over filling. Fold in trimmed corners. Moisten top corner of wrapper with egg white; roll up jelly-roll fashion. Repeat procedure with remaining wrappers, turkey filling, and egg white.
6. Lightly coat egg rolls with cooking spray, and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
7. To prepare sauce, combine 3/4 cup soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and 1 tablespoon ginger; serve with egg rolls. Garnish with green onions, if desired. Yield: 14 servings (serving size: 1 roll and about 1 tablespoon sauce).
THANK YOU!! That was the right recipe and I finally found the recipe minutes before I needed it. But, thanks for the response. I had "cleaned out" my mags and had pitched them, but had saved this recipe. Still hadn't filed it yet, though!
Copyright © 2012
Time Inc. Lifestyle Group.
All Rights Reserved. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our
Your California Privacy Rights).