Does anyone have a good recipe for Carrot Cake Bars that they could share?
It's excellent and I love that it has WW flour.
* Exported from MasterCook Mac *
Recipe By : Cooking Light
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Breads/Muffins
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons stick margarine or butter -- softened
3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large egg whites
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
1 1/2 cups regular oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup carrot -- shredded
1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat sugar and margarine at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 5 minutes). Add buttermilk, vanilla, and egg whites; beat well. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (flour through salt); gradually add to sugar mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in carrot and raisins.
3. Pour batter into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 33 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
CALORIES 121 (17% from fat); FAT 2.3g (sat 0.5g, mono 0.8g, poly 0.7g); PROTEIN 3.1g; CARB 23.3g; FIBER 2g; CHOL 0mg; IRON 1mg; SODIUM 138mg; CALC 68mg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Per serving (excluding unknown items): 178 Calories; 2g Fat (8% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 153mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 1 Starch/Bread; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates
NOTES : Oats, whole-wheat flour, and raisins make these snack bars fiber-rich.
Thank you so much. I knew I saw the recipe somewhere and I searched all over here and epicurious and allrecipe and could not find it.
Copyright © 2012
Time Inc. Lifestyle Group.
All Rights Reserved. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our
Your California Privacy Rights).