Community Message Boards

Thread: Finding lemon curd

Finding lemon curd

Does anyone out there know of somewhere I could order some lemon curd? When I was out visiting my parents in CA last week, my mom mentioned having some at a shower she attended and really liking it.
    I'd like to find some to send for her birthday next month. I looked on martha stewart's web site (she sells everything else!) but didn't have much luck. I found a recipe to make it-but I'm not sure about that. Any websites or catalogs you know that sell this product?

Thanks (and my mother thanks you too!!)

I think Williams-Sonoma carries it, as well as a raspberry curd. I can also find the lemon curd ate most grocery stores here -- either with the jams and jellies or in a section with imported foods (near English biscuits and such rather than the Mexican or Eastern fare).

If you can't find it in any of the places Beth mentioned, you can definitely get it online at ethnicgrocer.com or places like teacozy.com but I would expect the quality would vary quite a bit and I don't know which brands are best. However, if your folks live in California, they should be able to buy it at Peet's Coffee. At least they used to sell it, and it looked awfully good! (They were giving out samples for a while and I have no idea why I didn't try it )

I'm pretty sure I've seen it at World Market, if you have those near you. But if you just wanted to order it online and have it shipped directly William Sonoma should work for that.
    Peggy
    ...Wag more
    Bark less

King Arthur flour http://www.kingarthurflour.com/cgibi...home/main.html carries lemon curd, as well as some other wonderful scone spreads.

Trader Joes also has a lemon curd that is excellent.
    http://www.pjrc.com

No matter how big or soft your bed is, you still have to get out of it.
    -Grace Slick, raucous rock diva

I've seen it a Williams-Sonoma, also at Trader Joe's and Kings supermarkets. But I can't find grits anywhere!

Lisalee,

You might check your supermarket in the pie filling section. Our local Meijer carries lemon curd next to the pie fillings. I've even seen some weird "curds", such as strawberry.

I've also seen it in our local grocery store near the jams/jellies. Good luck!
    Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with wild abandon or not at all. --Harriet Van Horne

As kismet mentioned, you might be surprised to find it in the grocery store. It usually is in the jam/jelly section of the store. Some stores carry better brands than others of course.

It's easy to make, however, I don't know what the shelf life of it would be.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I didn't even think of Trader Joe's, but since there is one near by I'll have to go look! Thanks.
    Lisa