Community Message Boards

Thread: Marshmallow

Question Marshmallow

Does anyone know a good method to thin out marshmallow fluff (to put on desserts, ie. ice cream)? Thanks

If you microwave it does it thin out temporarily? I have never tried this so I have no other great ideas, except to experiement with some warm milk? water? eeks, i don't know! aren't i a big help?
    Amanda

sweetpea, you were right on track. I got this from the marshmallow fluff home page

How do you make ice cream topping?

Place a small quantity of Fluff in a bowl, then slowly add warm water while mixing with a fork. Or, place 4 heaping tablespoons of Fluff and 3 tablespoons of water in a microwave-safe container, then microwave on high for 15 seconds. Remove and stir.

I love the goopy marshmallow topping you can get at ice cream parlors on sundaes. They do sell it in the grocery stores, next to the other syrups and ice cream toppings. I have never tried the grocery store kind, though.

Thanks for your help, but I don't have a microwave

neutro - the first part of katygirl's post has instructions for a non-microwave owner.
    "Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner and the concentration of a brain surgeon. But, we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us. Oh, yeah, did I mention that this whole time we're standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick. Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. Next question."