Community Message Boards

Thread: Transporting Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

Question Transporting Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

I'm making these for the first time tomorrow for a cookout, but I have no idea how to transport them--any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Amy Beth

It's a bit of work the first time, but I take a shirt box (with the lid) and make holes the size of the cone-bottoms. then i just stick them in there. I have about 3 boxes that I keep now that have this done.
    "Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner and the concentration of a brain surgeon. But, we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us. Oh, yeah, did I mention that this whole time we're standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick. Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. Next question."

The box idea sounds like a great one. If you don't have time for that, you could probably stand them in a muffin tin. You might have to wrap a bit of paper towel or some wrinkled-up plastic wrap around the bottoms to get them to stand solidly enough not to tip over.
    If this is the worst thing that happens all year, I think I can deal with it!

somewhere there is a thread on this...I suggested before using an egg carton.

Tyra
    Democrats are Sexy. Who has ever heard of a good piece of elephant?

Here's a couple of threads with the same topic, maybe you'll find a good idea here.

Good luck!

Cupcakes in cones transport question

Transporting cupcakes
    Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.

--Helen Keller

I was involved in one of those threads I think, and let me just say I will NEVER EVER make those d*** things again! Even muffin pans (min and regular) were pretty useless. Not to mention it was 85 and the frosting was running!

Laura

Originally posted by semmens
    I was involved in one of those threads I think, and let me just say I will NEVER EVER make those d*** things again! Even muffin pans (min and regular) were pretty useless. Not to mention it was 85 and the frosting was running!

Laura
    I agree with Laura. I made these once and realized the cute factor wasn't worth the hassle of transporting them. If I ever make them again (which is VERY doubtful), I would not frost them...instead I would sprinkle the tops with jimmies before baking so they bake into the batter. This way, they would be easier to transport because you could transport them upside down in a 9x13 pan or equivalent.
    The road to someday leads to nowhere.