Community Message Boards

Thread: Mocha Frappacino @ home

Mocha Frappacino @ home

Just tried the new Nescafe "Iced Java" syrup. Follow the recipe on the back and you'll get a reasonably close facsimile to the Starbucks favorite and the fat content is only in the milk!
    Give it a try if you're addicted to the pricey one.

Thanks! I have a bottle in my cupboard now that I bought on a whim (it was on sale AND i had a coupon for $1 off!).
    "Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner and the concentration of a brain surgeon. But, we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us. Oh, yeah, did I mention that this whole time we're standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick. Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. Next question."

Thumbs up

fiona,
    thank you so much for this post! I got some of this stuff at Costco the other day and tried it last night.
    Yum

i am ADDICTED to fraps. maybe this will be less expensive.

I been using this for way over a year now, it's good eh? Try adding a little banana (1/3 of a big one), it makes it creamier. I find it a little icy without it in.
    Adele

My Blog - http://passioknit.blogspot.com/

Oh YUM! I have never seen this in the store but have never LOOKED for it either. I will check next time I am at the grocery.

My favorite is the Chocolate Brownie Frappacino. I wonder if you could blend in a chocolate brownie (lo-fat of course...Yeah right...lol!)

But for $4.00 a pop I'd be willing to give it a shot at home...thanks for the info!

Lisa in FL
    Life is Good

Go to nescafe.com, choose nescafe usa in the go global dropdown box, register, and you can print a coupon for $1 off
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard all the bull before.

Cheryl

Originally posted by yorkshirepud
    Try adding a little banana (1/3 of a big one), it makes it creamier.
    This reminds me of a yummy smoothie I've made for breakfast a few times: frozen banana, milk, chilled tea, and assorted spices. Mmmm.

Originally posted by Pico

This reminds me of a yummy smoothie I've made for breakfast a few times: frozen banana, milk, chilled tea, and assorted spices. Mmmm.
    I love smoothies. My favourite combo is mango and banana. If you get the proportions right, it's like a milkshake.

Lisa, add a little fat-free chocolate syrup! Not as good as a few brownie, but it might hit the spot!
    Adele

I LOVE fraps! but I've never seen this nescafe syrup. Is it with hot chocolate mixes? with the coffee? with ice cream toppings? wonder where else they could put it....

Valerie, you'll find it with the hot chocolate, tea, coffee beans etc.
    Adele

I bought some a few weeks back, but have yet to tried it. I just got the regular coffee flavor. I guess I've been lazy to get the blender out. Thanks for the reminder, Fiona.

Thanks for the review. I've been eye balling this stuff in the grocery store for sometime now and haven't bought it yet. This weekend I will have to purchase some. I'm one of those people who is addicted to the expensive Starbucks version.

thanks yorkshirepud. My reg grocery did not have it but I needed to go to another store for something & there it was. so got some & just drank one. It's pretty good. I think the directions make it a bit too sweet /strong & the next one I will try with 2 TB instead of 3-4. course I'm using NF milk & I'm sure starbucks must use 1-2% in theirs. so a little tweaking is in order.

I've been making my own version of these for years. I take milk and add ice, a tsp of instant coffee and sweeten with Carnation flavored creamer. Stir to dissolve the coffee. I used to sweeten with sugar but now with these different flavored creamers, it's even better.

Sometimes I have coffee ice cubes because DH would rather have hot coffee than iced. So I freeze left over coffee in ice cube trays. Great to add to brownie batter (melted, of course)!

Lisa

I also will do a drink in the afternoon that is about a tablespoon of flavoured creamer (the liquid), half a glass of leftover coffee from the morning and fill the rest of the glass with milk.
    "Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner and the concentration of a brain surgeon. But, we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us. Oh, yeah, did I mention that this whole time we're standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick. Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. Next question."

Oh yes, to clarify, I use the liquid creamer. The dry stuff is not sweet.

Lisa

Originally posted by Valerie226
    I think the directions make it a bit too sweet /strong & the next one I will try with 2 TB instead of 3-4. course I'm using NF milk & I'm sure starbucks must use 1-2% in theirs. so a little tweaking is in order.
    Yes, we tried the mocha flavored one, and 3-4 T was way too much. Also, one serving is huge!!! It makes about 16 oz. We made some with whole milk b/c we had it on hand to make ice cream. Turned out much better than when DS made one the next day with 1%. I'm thinking 2% would be just right. There isn't much milk in the recipe anyways.

Lisa, freezing leftover coffee is a great idea!! Especially for the eating well choc cake and a few other things....never thought of that one before, thanks

Am super excited. I just found this syrup at Costco yesterday. would have walked right by it if I hadn't read this thread! Of course if jumped right into my cart along with all the other things I just possibly "couldn't live without!" Can't wait to try it. Just bought 1% milk at the store today. Maybe I'll mix w/whole milk after reading your recommendations! I can't wait till this afternoon when it's hot and sticky out to try it!
    It's easier to beg forgiveness then to ask permission!

Talking Just Started Drinking Coffee

Thank you all for the info on Mocha Frappacino.
    Tried them couple of weeks ago and can see that I am going to be broke by drinking them from Starbucks daily.
    Absolutely love them and never drank coffee before having my first Frappacino.
    Just ordered Nescafe Iced Java (Mocha flavored), cannot wait to make my own at home!
    Again, thank you for your assistance.

I don't think it tastes exactly like a Starbucks, but we love it and have it almost every night. We try to simulate an egg cream with it and add some club soda. Excellent!