Community Message Boards
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inquiring minds wanna know

Inquiring minds wanna know

I saw the thread started by Mr. Chevious over the past day or so. He sounded like a Ms. Chevious stalker and that several people were wondering if "he" might be an evil twin. The last post I saw mentioned trolls...exactly what I was thinking. I've been in meetings all day and haven't been on the board all day. I see that ALL signs that that particular thread ever happened have disappeared. Did I miss something exciting or did the thread just get conveniently deleted???

Me, too!

I kept checking in and couldn't find it either! I looked to see if he was registered and wasn't !!
    "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

He was registered last night. Hmmm...This just gets curiouser and curiouser.
    If this is the worst thing that happens all year, I think I can deal with it!

Re: Me, too!

Originally posted by SusanL
    I kept checking in and couldn't find it either! I looked to see if he was registered and wasn't !!
    I did the same thing! Same results too. Very odd.
    http://www.pjrc.com

No matter how big or soft your bed is, you still have to get out of it.
    -Grace Slick, raucous rock diva

I remember a couple of users a while ago who made some really awful posts. I reported one of them to Maelynn and then they came up as being "banned". Then their names disappeared from the members list.

Maybe something like that happened?
    “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed
    door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”

Helen Keller (1880–1968)

I am glad that I saw this, because I was wondering the same thing. It gives one a feeling of satisfaction knowing the moderators are on the job and will do their job if need be.
    You may have had a lot of unfair things happen, but when you look back over your life, remember something good that has happened for you. Replay the good memories. Joel Osteen

I noticed this too, and I bet that's what happened. I noticed that all the posts "he" made disappeared--even the more innocuous ones. Curious, indeed!

What are trolls? I'm not up on all the lingo.
    "In France, cooking is a serious art form and a national sport."
    --Julia Child

Are trolls people who just lurk around and post just to cause problems? Trolls hide under a bridge and trolls on message boards just lurk around causing mischief and mayhem. I mean no one ever told me, this is a guess!
    You may have had a lot of unfair things happen, but when you look back over your life, remember something good that has happened for you. Replay the good memories. Joel Osteen

I noticed he was gone this afternoon too - even his "recipe" for hot dogs and beans! Someone must have reported him or something. Hmmm, a mystery to be solved!

I was sorry though that his posts were removed before Ms. Chevious started "her" thread later today. I was so hoping she would see it.

So Jmarie, was I right in my guess about she really be a he? Inquring minds want to know

Maybe there is a stronger connection between the two than just the name? Hmmm. Interesting that they weren't posting at the same time...

Someone must have reported "him." I did think he was kinda creepy, but at least in the posts I saw there was nothing too offensive. ?
    "In France, cooking is a serious art form and a national sport."
    --Julia Child

Originally posted by honeygirl1971
    Maybe there is a stronger connection between the two than just the name? Hmmm. Interesting that they weren't posting at the same time...

I didn't even pick up that.

I will say, that was one of those fun threads to follow

It livened up my Sunday/Monday, if nothing else! I found it weird, but not offensive at all. Just kind of quirky.
    "Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner and the concentration of a brain surgeon. But, we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us. Oh, yeah, did I mention that this whole time we're standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick. Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. Next question."

posted by: badunnin
    Just kind of quirky.

Yes, but I had a feeling that the writer had an agenda and it was about to rear it's ugly head!
    NOW, WILL SOMEONE PLEASE SETTLE THE THING ABOUT TROLLS?
    Seriously, I have heard about trolls before on the Yahoo boards....are they what I assumed...People lurking around causing mayhem and mischief?
    Quote by:Molli526
    So Jmarie, was I right in my guess about she really be a he? Inquring minds want to know

(In my most Southern Voice)
    Why Molli, I do not believe I know what you are talking about!

(but my guess would be that you may have been correct, you silly girl!)

Man, I go away for a day and I miss so much!!
    "It covers your bread like a stinkyfishy tarp
    I know it isn't butter
    But I can't believe it's carp!"

Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano, Most Extreme Elimination Challenge

jmarie
    I think your take on trolls is pretty on point. Internet trolls are usually considered to be people who hang/lurk around looking to cause trouble, start flame wars, be obnoxious, etc.
    http://www.pjrc.com

No matter how big or soft your bed is, you still have to get out of it.
    -Grace Slick, raucous rock diva

Someone PM'd me about this and I can't believe I totally missed it - NO, its not me having an alter ego/evil twin, I swear! What was the thread about and why was it so scandalous that it got deleted??

Originally posted by JHolcomb
    Man, I go away for a day and I miss so much!!
    yea-you gotta cancel your real life and hang around here for all the action!
    I for one am glad he/she/it is gone. I have a feeling things were going to get creepier. Also gone is northerncomfort....no coincidence that they joined at the same time.
    My main concern is that CL will get tired of this stuff and pull the plug for the rest of us...and I don't think my nerves could take that!
    You think you're not ever going to be able to eat another thing, but alas, you will find yourself feeling strangely peckish around teatime. The more you eat, the more you want. That's the way it goes."

Nigella Lawson

Originally posted by kima
    I for one am glad he/she/it is gone. I have a feeling things were going to get creepier. Also gone is northerncomfort....no coincidence that they joined at the same time.
    My main concern is that CL will get tired of this stuff and pull the plug for the rest of us...and I don't think my nerves could take that!
    I didn't even put NorthernComfort and Mr Chevious together

I also don't think that CL will get rid of the boards for this. All BBs need to deal with it on some level, and they did today. Swiftly, I might add.
    "Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner and the concentration of a brain surgeon. But, we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us. Oh, yeah, did I mention that this whole time we're standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick. Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. Next question."

Was I the only one who thought the Beenie Weanies were funny? Ah, well. It'd be sad if that's the reason they were removed. My jokes aren't all that great, either, you know.
    --Mary Kate--

"In all our woods there is not a tree so hard to kill as the buckeye. The deepest girdling does not deaden it, and even after it is cut down and worked up into the side of a cabin it will send out young branches, denoting to all the world that Buckeyes are not easily conquered, and could with difficulty be destroyed." - Daniel Drake, 1833

I missed it too...oh well. I can tell you that these boards do not have even a remote troll problem compared to the Weight Watchers boards. That place is a mess!!
    *Susan*

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."

A.A. Milne

Originally posted by kima

Oh, this board is amazing compared to other boards. We hardly have to deal with it ever, and most boards have to deal with it on a daily basis. I don't think they'll be shutting us down for a troll or two
    "It covers your bread like a stinkyfishy tarp
    I know it isn't butter
    But I can't believe it's carp!"

Kenny Blankenship and Vic Romano, Most Extreme Elimination Challenge

Originally posted by MKSquared
    Was I the only one who thought the Beenie Weanies were funny?
    I did. It gave me a good laugh. Granted, it was what I needed after dealing with MIL, so maybe that is why I found it so funny.

Originally posted by badunnin

I didn't even put NorthernComfort and Mr Chevious together

Ditto!

Trolls, in my experience, tend to be immature, crass, and swear a lot. They bring up general topics that would set people off. A play on someone's name - and evidently, there was more than one - would require a significant amount of lurking. Troll? Nah.
    --Mary Kate--

"In all our woods there is not a tree so hard to kill as the buckeye. The deepest girdling does not deaden it, and even after it is cut down and worked up into the side of a cabin it will send out young branches, denoting to all the world that Buckeyes are not easily conquered, and could with difficulty be destroyed." - Daniel Drake, 1833

Originally posted by Ms. Chevious
    Someone PM'd me about this and I can't believe I totally missed it - NO, its not me having an alter ego/evil twin, I swear! What was the thread about and why was it so scandalous that it got deleted??
    At least the last I saw the thread, nothing said was really all that scandalous. It just was pretty creepy, and seemed like things would only get worse. He just started a thread introducing himself, and then someone asked him if he knew about you, because your names were so similar. Then he replied that he had copied your name because he wanted to get your attention. He liked your thread about taking off underwear, and was calling you his queen. While nothing very scandalous was said on the thread, it was just obvious that this guy didn't really belong here. It was a definite reminder that all kinds of pervs could be out there reading our posts.
    Anne

When you start to cook, as when you begin to live, you think that the point is to improve the technique until you end up with something perfect, and that the reason you haven’t been able to break the cycle of desire and disillusion is that you haven’t yet mastered the rules. Then you grow up, and you learn that that’s the game.

Adam Gopnik, The New Yorker

Ms. Chevious Said:

and why was it so scandalous that it got deleted

You really don't want to know.....I am afraid if we repeat it, we will ALL be poofed into the wild blue yonder.....Yes, it was that bad.

Gee, I wish html code was this easy on eBay!

Originally posted by beacooker

He liked your thread about taking off underwear, and was calling you his queen.
    \

That is what got me laughing. Calling her his queen. I wish we could have saved some of his snippets to share with those who missed him.

MOLLI...have you nooticed the newest member to the BOARD ?

What can I say, I'm a star!