Community Message Boards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A reasonable request.

A reasonable request.

Hi. If you have a problem with something I've said, please let me know. Maybe a little private message or an email? I'm pretty easy to contact.
    --Mary Kate--

"In all our woods there is not a tree so hard to kill as the buckeye. The deepest girdling does not deaden it, and even after it is cut down and worked up into the side of a cabin it will send out young branches, denoting to all the world that Buckeyes are not easily conquered, and could with difficulty be destroyed." - Daniel Drake, 1833

(((((Hugs)))))

Sorry you're having board troubles! I hope everything works out...

FWIW, I've never had a problem with anything you've said...
    -Rebecca

Endurance comes from exhaustion. Keep running!
    --DH, aka "Coach"

Did I miss something? I'm not unhappy with you and don't know why anyone else might be. I'm sorry you are feeling this way and hope whatever it is gets set straight quickly and easily. ((( )))

(((Hugs)))
    I missed something as well. Hope it works itself out.
    "...having dogs forces us to keep living in places that are right for us. And I think of all the things I might have given up had my dogs not shown me what was important in my life: fresh air, a garden, an eleven-thousand foot mountain in my backyard." - Pam Houston "The Bad Dogs of Park City"

www.peaceiswise.blogspot.com

huh? you're OK in my book!

I missed it, too!

I always enjoy your posts!! (((HUG)))
    "There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

(((((MK)))))

I'm sorry you are having board troubles. The only thing your recent posts have done is make me laugh.

Leigh
    "Mommy, Can we Please, Please, Please have spinach for dinner?" DD2(age 6)

((((((((((((((((MARYKATE)))))))))))))

you're pretty cool in my book lady

Don't worry, I'm feeling kind of insecure today too....I think maybe sometimes I should just keep my mouth shut.

J
    "Comfy? I'm chained in a bathtub drinkin' pig's blood from a novelty mug. Doesn't rank huge in the Zagut's Guide."

- Spike, "Something Blue"

My lil site:
    http://greysangel.wordpress.com

Huh! Tell Mama what's wrong! I was blessed to have the opportunity to meet and be with you for a weekend and you are a sweet and fun gal to be with even though there is a big difference in age. Hugs to ya Mary Kate!

Originally posted by Mamasue
    Huh! Tell Mama what's wrong! I was blessed to have the opportunity to meet and be with you for a weekend and you are a sweet and fun gal to be with even though there is a big difference in age. Hugs to ya Mary Kate!
    Mary kate, I didnt realize you were olderthan Sue

I must have missed what happened, but I hope things are ok.
    ~Kim~

Nashville Restaurant Examiner - check out my page
    Check out my blog: Zen Kitchen http://onehotkitchen-kim.blogspot.com/

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    Dave Barry

I like reading your posts. I can't think of anything that you've said that I would have been offended by.

Jeanne - I get major board insecurity. I don't write particularly well and I am not that creative. I also don't talk a lot, so I don't end up posting a lot, although I lurk a TON. I think sometimes my comments don't come out quite right. I am such an accountant. To top it off, I NEVER get PMs. You'll never see a thread that says, "RobinC, Time to Clean UP..."
    http://www.pjrc.com

No matter how big or soft your bed is, you still have to get out of it.
    -Grace Slick, raucous rock diva

Wow. It's so easy to get centered on someone who may or may not dislike you, and it's easy to look past all those people who love you. Thanks for setting me straight, guys.
    --Mary Kate--

"In all our woods there is not a tree so hard to kill as the buckeye. The deepest girdling does not deaden it, and even after it is cut down and worked up into the side of a cabin it will send out young branches, denoting to all the world that Buckeyes are not easily conquered, and could with difficulty be destroyed." - Daniel Drake, 1833

Robin I love your posts when I do see them

I think I'm just feeling a little post challenge-euphoria let down. Sometimes I think people get tired of me being a cheerleader

J
    "Comfy? I'm chained in a bathtub drinkin' pig's blood from a novelty mug. Doesn't rank huge in the Zagut's Guide."

My lil site:

yay Mary Kate!

I'm still wondering what's behind the "anti-cheese" though

JeAnne

My lil site:

Originally posted by RobinC
    I like reading your posts. I can't think of anything that you've said that I would have been offended by.

Jeanne - I get major board insecurity. I don't write particularly well and I am not that creative. I also don't talk a lot, so I don't end up posting a lot, although I lurk a TON. I think sometimes my comments don't come out quite right. I am such an accountant. To top it off, I NEVER get PMs. You'll never see a thread that says, "RobinC, Time to Clean UP..."
    Robin...I am like you in some ways.....don't talk a lot but good listener...can be shy at times.....and yes sometimes my wording does need some editing and have the tendancy(sp) to use a word in the wrong context or is it content. . Oh, hey, Robin....please clean your area!

Originally posted by RobinC
    To top it off, I NEVER get PMs. You'll never see a thread that says, "RobinC, Time to Clean UP..."
    I sent you one a few weeks ago!

JeAnne, I just don't like cheese. Ick. OK, I like bleu cheeses. That's about it.
    --Mary Kate--

((((MaryKate))))

We love ya! Sometimes it's hard to be understood on a BB- things don't always come out the way you mean to say them. Occasionally they have to be clarified, but hopefully we can get over them with a kind, quick explanation if needed. (I think many of us have been in the same boat at one time.)

Just keep doing what you do best- making this BB a special place!
    "Life is a cookie."
    Alan Arkin, Grosse Pointe Blank

I think the whole board is just going through its natural funk. Everything has been a little edgier lately. I certainly don't mean "YOU"...just all they way around.

Big (((hugs)))
    Peggy
    ...Wag more
    Bark less

((((MK)))))

A little late but here all the same. I saw reference mentioning things being heated on the boards but I haven't noticed anything.

I always get a chuckle out of MK's posts.
    You can't drink rum on the beach all day if you don't start in the morning.

((((((MaryKate))))))
    Never have a problem with you. You always crack me up.
    Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Maxine

I know this thread is all about MK

But you guys have really made me smile today. I've been in a funk lately and I think this was the first time in a while that I've giggled. Thanks.

BTW - I can understand not liking cheese. While I personally love the stuff, we all have our own tastes. Me, I hate yogurt. Can't stand the stuff. I can cook with it, but I will never pull out a spoon and dig in on a carton of the stuff.
    http://www.pjrc.com

No matter how big or soft your bed is, you still have to get out of it.
    -Grace Slick, raucous rock diva

Re: A reasonable request.

Originally posted by MKSquared
    Hi. If you have a problem with something I've said, please let me know. Maybe a little private message or an email? I'm pretty easy to contact.
    Like everyone else:

As you know, I have no problem with PM's. And, like you, I would request a reciprocal courtesy before a post taking me to task.
    Nothing in the history of mankind can foul things up quicker than a computer
    ......with the possible exception of tequila and handguns.
    --Anonymous

Mary Kate, your posts regularly make me chuckle, and laughing makes me happy. My most recent favorite Mary Kate-ism is "light chocolate ark frosting." Don't know why, but that really made me laugh. You're ok in my book, girlie.

Originally posted by greysangel

Sometimes I think people get tired of me being a cheerleader
    I know this is veering off the topic of this thread, but Jeanne, I doubt I'm alone when I say that you are VERY much appreciated! I would think that being a cheerleader would be very tiring, yet you continue to inspire and encourage. It's ok to take a break from time to time when you need it, but there are LOTS of us here who read everything you have to say and glean so much from it. I may not be a regular on TMIWTB thread at the moment (taking a break myself), but I lurk there and still learn so much from you. Just wanted you to know.
    We figured there was too much happiness here for just the two of us, so we figured the next logical step was to have us a critter.

- H.I. McDunnough, "Raising Arizona"
    --------------------------------------------------
    Ask me about Kelly's Kids children's clothes!

I *think* I know what you're referring to, Mary Kate. And honestly, I found the post humorous - as I do so many of your posts ('Eat Chocolate Sausage Meat?') - too bad it got deleted. (Or am I just completely wrong about all this?)

(((((Mary Kate))))) and more hugs to anyone else who's been feeling insecure (and don't we all sometimes?).

Kristin

Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut.

MK, I like you!

And Robin, I love your icon. Cracking Toast!

Speaking of insecurity, I see tons of places where I want to respond to something, and I don't because so many people have already said what I thought. (Maybe that's not insecurity...)(What's really sad is that I wondered if people were going to think I was silly for writing that.)

Originally posted by MKSquared

JeAnne, I just don't like cheese. Ick. OK, I like bleu cheeses. That's about it.
    OK, Mary Kate...now that statement I have a problem with!

Really, I love cheese, all kinds, EXCEPT blue veined. For the life of me I can't imagine how you like blues (Ick, and more Ick!) and not anyothers. How'd that happen ???

Ellyn

A little support from Michigan flowing your way MK! Who loves ya, baby????

Debie
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Talking

More hugs MaryKate!
    I am unfamiliar with what's behind all this, but all I do know is that YOU ROCK! Don't let anything get ya down.
    With Hugs again,
    Shannon
    I was born okay the first time thanks.
    -random bumper sticker

JeAnne,

Nope, not tired of you being a cheerleader.

You are an amazing lady. You have worked very hard to overcome your weight problems, and bared your sole to all of use to help us help ourselves. Keep it up!

You are a large part of the reason I finally got off my lazy butt and started working out. Now, I feel better, look better, and have more energy to do things with my family.

Leigh,
    who has never met a cheese she didn't like
    "Mommy, Can we Please, Please, Please have spinach for dinner?" DD2(age 6)