My DD's bought me a silicon 12 cup muffin pan on the weekend and what a nice surprise. I think they wanted something other than oatmeal raisin cookies. So far I have made the Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Banana Bread as muffins posted by bluemoose and the
sour cream orange muffins posted below. The ones from bluemoose were fabulous..just a hint of peanut butter and the distinctive taste of bananas and chocolate. Thanks bluemoose. The recipe below disappeared so fast there was only one left to share with my sister. I didn't bother putting a glaze on them. Will definitely make these again.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sour Cream Orange Muffins

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 Medium orange -- cut in chunks & seeded
1 Egg
1/2 C Milk
1/2 C Sour Cream
1/3 C Vegetable oil
3/4 C Sugar
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1 1/2 C All-purpose flour
1 Tsp. Baking Powder

Process, blend or grind the (*) whole, seeded orange until finely chopped but not pureed. Beat together with the egg - milk, oil, sour cream and sugar until thoroughly blended. Stir in the flour, salt and baking powder just until wel lmixed. Do not beat or over-mix. Divide into 12 paper-cup lined muffintins.Bake at 400 degrees for 22 to 25 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Brush with Orange Glaze.

Orange Glaze
1 Tbls. Orange juice
1 Tbls. Finely grated orange peel
1/2 C Confectioners sugar

Mix the above three ingredients and spread over warm muffins

Description:
"The use of the whole orange might sound strange, but ohhh, the flavor. Try it, I'm sure you'll like it. I don't bother to glaze, just slather with real butter."
Source:
"Build Your Own Cookbook""
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 196 Calories; 9g Fat (40.5% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 21mg Cholesterol; 145mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : We liked these. Had them warm. They had a nice orange taste, not overpowering and moist. Would make these again. Didn't use glaze.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0