My DD's bought me a silicon 12 cup muffin pan on the weekend and what a nice surprise. I think they wanted something other than oatmeal raisin cookies. So far I have made the Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Banana Bread as muffins posted by bluemoose and the
sour cream orange muffins posted below. The ones from bluemoose were fabulous..just a hint of peanut butter and the distinctive taste of bananas and chocolate. Thanks bluemoose. The recipe below disappeared so fast there was only one left to share with my sister. I didn't bother putting a glaze on them. Will definitely make these again.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sour Cream Orange Muffins

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 Medium orange -- cut in chunks & seeded
1 Egg
1/2 C Milk
1/2 C Sour Cream
1/3 C Vegetable oil
3/4 C Sugar
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1 1/2 C All-purpose flour
1 Tsp. Baking Powder

Process, blend or grind the (*) whole, seeded orange until finely chopped but not pureed. Beat together with the egg - milk, oil, sour cream and sugar until thoroughly blended. Stir in the flour, salt and baking powder just until wel lmixed. Do not beat or over-mix. Divide into 12 paper-cup lined muffintins.Bake at 400 degrees for 22 to 25 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Brush with Orange Glaze.

Orange Glaze
1 Tbls. Orange juice
1 Tbls. Finely grated orange peel
1/2 C Confectioners sugar

Mix the above three ingredients and spread over warm muffins

"The use of the whole orange might sound strange, but ohhh, the flavor. Try it, I'm sure you'll like it. I don't bother to glaze, just slather with real butter."
"Build Your Own Cookbook""
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 196 Calories; 9g Fat (40.5% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 21mg Cholesterol; 145mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : We liked these. Had them warm. They had a nice orange taste, not overpowering and moist. Would make these again. Didn't use glaze.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0