Community Message Boards

Thread: Is there a Yogurt without Aspartame?

Is there a Yogurt without Aspartame?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a yogurt made with Splenda? Just wondering .....

Thanks,

Lauren

Plain yogurts have no sweetener so you can add as much or as little of whatever you want.
    I sometimes add a little jam
    Thoreau said, 'A man is rich in proportion to the things he can leave alone.'

Hi Lauren,

Blue Bunny Lite 85 is sweetened with Splenda. I don't know if there are any others that use Splenda or not. Most of the other brands I have seen use aspartame.

Lisa

Thank you so much!!! I just realized this morning that the yogurt I was eating had aspartame in it. We have been trying not to eat or drink anything with aspartame. We are trying to use spelenda with everything.

Happy Friday...

Lauren

Anderson Erickson Yo Lite fat free yogurt also uses Splenda.

Sarah
    "What I do today is important because I am paying a day of my life for it." ~unknown

The Danone Source yogourts are Splenda-sweetened too, aren't they? I just wish they came in non-fruity flavours... I'm a fan of vanilla or mocha or caramel yogourts rather than fruit.

How about Stonyfield - sugar sweetened, no artificial sweeteners, plus active cultures. I also eat Cascade Fresh (get it at Whole Foods) - sweetened with fruit (juices, I think).

Susan

I'm not sure if it's the same product that CompassRose mentioned, but I've been buying the Yoplait Souce yogurt. It is sweetened with Splenda, but is thickened with a bunch of starches and gums. I agree, it is quite sweet and unfortunately is only available in fruit-on-bottom, vanilla-on-top or stirred fruit.

I have no idea if this is available where you are, but a company called Liberté sells a very good yogurt called "Svelte". Organic skim milk, active bacterial beasties, and nothing else.

Ooooh, Liberte is the best! Unfortunately, it is made in Montreal, and hard to get even where I am, Southwest Ontario. (Hi, Ottawa person... I grew up in Ottawa, me.)

Have you had Liberte cottage cheese? It's the best too. And their Quark is one of my kitchen indispensables.

Ahem.

Trader Joes yogurts are sweetened with fruit juice. We love 'em.

Kim

I am allergic to aspartame, I also have to avoid it. Nancy's natural yogurts are good, there is a fat-free version and they are naturally sweetened.

Hi CompassRose, I actually grew up in New Brunswick.. well, finishing that portion of life off here in Ottawa. I've only seen the Liberté line in a few stores here, but I pick it up when I can.

I can't speak for the Liberté cottage cheese because I've never eaten cottage cheese. At all. In anything.

I once sat next to someone in the meal hall at univ. who was eating cottage cheese for breakfast. She sneezed and cheese flew. Case closed.

Post aspartame or splenda

Quote Originally Posted by finelauren View Post
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a yogurt made with Splenda? Just wondering .....

Thanks,

Lauren
    Lauren, I'm new here but not so new to healthy choices...you should do some more homework on Splenda... if you're trying to avoid aspartame and other unnatural sweetners. Both aspartame and Splenda can have negative side effects on your body. In my opinion, Organic honey or Stevia are much better choices. Even organic coconut sugar is better than artificial.. Natural is always best. Jo-Anne

Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Anne View Post
    Lauren, I'm new here,,,,,
    You resurrected an 11-year-old thread for your first post?
    "I hate housework. You make the beds, you do the dishes, and six months later, you have to start all over again." - Joan Rivers.