Community Message Boards

Thread: God Bless

God Bless

"Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner and the concentration of a brain surgeon. But, we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us. Oh, yeah, did I mention that this whole time we're standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick. Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. Next question."

God Bless us all

PS, that pic is cute.
    Leisa

Amen to that!

BTW, I love COWS! DH and I discovered their store in Halifax and ended up there every night- awesome homemade ice cream. Mmmmm. (I particularly liked the Winnie the Moo shirt I saw there. )
    "Life is a cookie."
    Alan Arkin, Grosse Pointe Blank

Originally posted by AndreaU
    Amen to that!

BTW, I love COWS! DH and I discovered their store in Halifax and ended up there every night- awesome homemade ice cream. Mmmmm. (I particularly liked the Winnie the Moo shirt I saw there. )
    I was a fan from my trips to the Island, and found them again last year in Whistler. The stuff is amazing.
    "Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. We need to have the strength and power of a football player, the stamina of a marathon runner and the concentration of a brain surgeon. But, we need to put all this together while moving at high speeds on a cold and slippery surface while 5 other guys use clubs to try and kill us. Oh, yeah, did I mention that this whole time we're standing on blades 1/8 of an inch thick. Is ice hockey hard? I don't know, you tell me. Next question."

Too bad they don't do ice cream mail order!
    "Life is a cookie."
    Alan Arkin, Grosse Pointe Blank

That is too cute bethany!!

I am ashamed to admit I have never been to COWS though I have walked past their store many times in Vancouver...maybe I'll go with my new student when we visit the city. Be a tourist in my own country so to speak!
    You think you're not ever going to be able to eat another thing, but alas, you will find yourself feeling strangely peckish around teatime. The more you eat, the more you want. That's the way it goes."

Nigella Lawson

Does anyone know for sure if the Robson COWS store closed? We were walking by there a few months ago and they had a blow out sale of all of their merchandise, I have often wonder if they were relocating or closing their doors.

Thanks

Terri
    There is no such thing as a "self made man". We are made up of thousands of others. Anyone who has ever done a kind deed for us, or spoken one word of encouragement to us, has entered into the make up of our character and of our thoughts, as well as our success.

Terri - it looks like it did - it's not listed on the website.

That's really touching - living here in North Dakota, I get a much different message, because I know the Canadian beef industry is in dire straits (our local newspaper carried a front-page story about it last weekend - sometimes I wonder why the border doesn't run north-south, instead of east-west ). I really feel for the Canadian farmers whose livelihoods (and way of life) are being destroyed by mad-cow disease . And please, let's not start a debate over whether or not the beef industry is inherently ethical or not...