Community Message Boards

Thread: Pork Sirloin Tip Roast

Pork Sirloin Tip Roast

My Mom bought a package of three from Costco yesterday and gave me one. Has anybody heard of this cut of meat before? Any suggestions on how to cook it? The directions say to season as desired and then cook for one hour and forty minutes at 350.

TIA.

These are not bad cuts of meat! You can crockpot it, roast/braise them, just like a beef roast. I've also had them sliced in 1/4" slices by the butcher, pounded them out and made weinerschnitzel! You could also slice them up and use them in any dish that calls for turkey cutlets.

Hmmmm...I'm getting hungry now....lunch soon!
    *Susan*

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."

A.A. Milne

I have bought these as well, and treated them as a pork roast, and it turned out fine. Here is the recipe I tried last week, just a basic pork with spices dish. I rubbed the meat in the morning, and let it sit in the fridge about 8 hours before baking, instead of overnight, and the flavor was still good.

There was a thread on this a couple weeks ago, you could probably find it by searching for "pork roast".

Roast Pork Loin

3 large garlic cloves, minced
    2 teaspoons salt
    1 bay leaf, crumbled
    1 teaspoon rubbed sage
    1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1 3-pound pork loin roast, rolled, tied

Combine first 6 ingredients in small bowl. Rub mixture evenly over roast. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning pork occasionally.
    Preheat oven to 350°F. Place rack in roasting pan. Place pork atop rack and roast in oven until thermometer inserted in center of pork registers 160°F., about 1 hour 25 minutes.
    Serves 6. Bon Appétit Light and easy
    Dianne