All I can say for this recipe is WOW. I thought I got it off the BB but couldnt find it. But just had to share (It is not light but could be modified to make it much lighter.
4 T butter
2 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
one egg - lightly beaten
1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 finely chopped walnuts
4 oz bittersweet chocolate - chopped
1 1/2 # cream cheese softened
1 C sugar
4 large eggs room temp
1 1/2 T cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla extract
2C canned pumpkin puree ( 1#)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg (I used ground)
pinch of ground cloves
1. Make crust preheat oven to 325 - lightly butter 9 inch springform pan. In med suacepan, melt butter with choco over low heat stirring constantly. remove from heat and let cool slightly, then stire in surgar and lightly beaten egg until blended.
In a small bowl, whisk flour with the baking powder and salt. Add dry ingredients to melted chocoloate. stir in walnuts. Spread batter in pan and smooth surface with spatula. Bake for 10 minutes or until risen and dry to touch. Cool completely. Wrap outside of pan with a large sheet of foil.
2. Makde cheescake - In a medium glass bowl, melt chocolate in a microwave oven on high for about a minute, stirring half way thru. In a large bowl using electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, beat until light and fluffy. Add egss one at at time, beating weel between additions. Beat in cornstarch and vanilla. Add 1 C cheesecake mixture to melted chocolate, stire untel well blended. Beat in pumpkin puree cinnamon nutmeg and cloves into remaining cheesecake batter.
3. Pour 3/4 pumpkin mixture over brownie crust. Pour chocolate mixture over cheesecake mixture. If chocolate mixture is too thick to pour easily, het in microwave ro 10 seconds. Spoon remaining pumpkin mixture over top of chocholate mixture. use a table knife to make a few swirls. Do not overswirl.
4. set the pan in a medium roasting pan. Add enough hot water to pan to reach halfway up side of springform pan. bake the cheesecake in the hotwater bath in the center of the oven for 1 1/2 hours or until it is form around the edges but slightly jiggly in center. Turn oven off, prop oven door open several inches and let the cheesecake stand in the water bath for 1 hour or until it is completely set.
5. Remove the pan from the water and refrigerate intil throughly chilled at leat 4 hours or overnight. Remove foil and springform ring from the cheesecake. Carefully transfer cheesecake to platter and cut in wedges
Can be refrigerated in the srpingform pan for up to 4 days.
NOTE: Mine was almost done cooking at one hour and I only let it sit in the water bath for 15 minutes and it was perfect. SO the cooking time needs to be watched closely.