Community Message Boards

Thread: How long does canned pumpkin last?

How long does canned pumpkin last?

After making those yummy pumpkin pancakes last night, I put the remainder of the can of pumpkin puree into a tupperware container and threw it in the fridge. Do I need to use it up quickly or will it last a little while? There's plenty for me to make with it...I just want to know how quickly I need to start baking.

Thanks!

I have been known to keep it for a week or two in the refrigerator in Tupperware. Have never had a problem! If I will be keeping it longer, I freeze it in 1 cup measurements. It keeps very well in the freezer.

Peggy

Thanks, Peggy! Oh, and by the way, I used your dry mix recipe for the pumpkin pancakes and they were great - very moist! Thanks!

According to the Libby's Pumpkin : Leftover canned pumpkin keeps in a covered container (tupperware) 1 week in the refrigerator. It can frozen up to 3 months.

Thanks, Leonard! That's good to know. Of course, I'm already eying that pumpkin scones recipe so there may not be any pumpkin in the fridge for much longer!

Originally posted by rinsav
    Thanks, Peggy! Oh, and by the way, I used your dry mix recipe for the pumpkin pancakes and they were great - very moist! Thanks!
    I'm so glad the dry pancake mixture worked well for you!

Peggy