Community Message Boards

Thread: Where would I find "wheat berries"?

Where would I find "wheat berries"?

I looked in foodsubs.com and now know what wheat berries are. If I want to buy some, where would I look in the store? With cereal, with flour, in a bag, box.......what? TIA
    "When you are in love with someone you want to be near him all the time, except when you are out buying things and charging them to him." Miss Piggy

You can't find them in an average grocery store. I have to buy mine online. Places like Whole Foods and Trader Joes would have them, though. I know some people get them from bulk bins.

They are delicious and worth searching for!

I find my wheat berries in the bulk section of the grocery store. You also might check the health food section, if your store has one.

Peggy

78704 - more than a zipcode, it's a lifestyle.
    I bought mine at Central Market, in the bulk section. It was with all the other wheat products. I also have seen them at Whole Foods. I've never seen them at HEB (the regular grocery store!)

--Kristin
    Your actions speak so loudly I can hardly hear you - Henry David Thoreau

You need to be specific - soft wheat berries or hard wheat berries - when you purchase them. Better grocers (with a health food section) will have them, or just try a health food store that carries grains where you're sure to find them.

Soft wheat berries cook a lot faster than hard wheat berries which take a dog's age.
    "There's no food in your food!!" Joan Cusack to John Cusack in "Say Anything."